FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

«««23456»»»

WWT - Oles flights from The Middle East,... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, December 27, 2008 1:48:19 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Leg 10b YPKG (Kalgoolie) to YFRT (Forrest)

Already? made it to the southern part of Australia! Have to race across the underside of the land down under, to get to the main Cities, and make small  - very long - flights to New Zealand, Tasmania and more, but first off to forrest.

From the bunker, in which we slept, we crept in to the 737 and headed on east.                                   Over the usual dry land.

But they wont die of thirst, those Australians. Plenty of water everywhere.                                    But I woulden´t live right down there.

OK look Smith - Forrest. Great name dont you think? I mean - not a single tree in sight.                      Dead on course, althoug it looks like the runway is the other way...

Thank God - a tree, no two... Ladies and Gentlemen - welcome to Forrest.                                Look at that little cabin, Smith! Thats where you and I will spend the night....

Not funny? sorry man, will this change anything on your scoretable? I hope not!

Landing Score:137,00 (Well I guess it didn´t. Nice Smith, very nice.)

A splendid landing!

Flight Score:139,05 (An average of 138 points - I like that   )

Flight included the following problems:

• Airspeed too low - you are risking stalls.
  • Rapid descent - dangerous and uncomfortable.

Definite room for improvement...

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3123
Posted Saturday, December 27, 2008 2:10:57 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Leg 10c:

YFRT (Forrest) to YPLC (Port Lincoln)

Further south, right to the ocean. and another non-ils landing. well good for the practise. And Smith! I am sorry for the spoon position we woke up in, I know I promised to sleep outside, but I heard strange noises, and got to think of that Meryl Streep movie about dingos killing a baby - and so I thought - a baby - then why not me? and so I came back into the shelter. Sorry.

Gotta keep it straight until we are airborne. Taxiway delta to runway 26. Lets go.                      And up we go. Hope Port Lincoln has better accomodations Smith.

A very uniform landscape there. Hope some difference will emerge later Smith.                                  See - thats one step in the right direction. the ocean.

arrh man - Agriculture - Civilazation Smith. Just in the nick of time. I was getting frustrated.                         OK - eagle five, coming in.  I never get tired of saying that.

Routine landing my friend. Routine landing.                                                                                    Parked and secured. I´m starving. How about great white?

Landing Score:121,65 (Anthing above 120 is alright for me - and remember its non-ils)

Landing included the following problems:

• Poor glideslope on visual approach - you can do better.
  • Too hard - may have damaged your landing gear.

Flight Score:140,06 (and the flightscore - well nothing to nag about here either)

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3124
Posted Saturday, December 27, 2008 2:23:36 PM

Leg 10d

YPLC (Port Lincoln) to YBHI (Broken Hill)

Broken Hill? What kind of name is that? Was it too high, and someone blew the top of the hill, or what? Cannot wait to see why its called that.

And after fine accomodations - for a couple of hours, and turtle soup, we headed on again.               Now does that not look like a fine postcard Smith? Sorry, it was you who took it. Thanks Smith.

Ok the threatboard is green all over, so lets head for Broken Hill.                                           Shouldnt it have been broken back Smith. Im soar like crazy in my lover back.

Eagle fiv..... No crap - just used that one, well then, beam us down Smitty!                                 Ok then - I am gonna land the bastard myself. I was just joking man... jeez.

Bam! Right on the numbers again. I really feel comfortable with those non-ils things now.               Man - strange parking zones. Not like anywhere else Ive seen. You Smith?

Oh you still not talking to me? Not even the numbers?

Landing Score:49,79 (You serious Smith? What the heck was wrong with that landing?)

• Throttle(s) forward - should be idle.

Flight Score:135,24 (Thank you. I am still pissed about the landing score though   )

• Nose held too low - we're not in combat.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3125
Posted Saturday, December 27, 2008 2:35:20 PM

Leg 10e:

YBHI (Broken Hill) to YPAD (Adelaide)

We didnt talk much, Smith and I for the rest of the day. We even ate seperatly. The holidays are closing in, and we need some time apart I believe. I wonder if he is fair with the scoring, but I hope he is professional enough, not to let likeness or lack of it, change what he sees. On to Adelaide.

Didnt get any explanation to the broken Hill name, and now I had to wait for a Ultralite....                  But finally we could get on the highway 23, and up and away, towards Adelaide, actually southwest again.

The trusted GPS showed me where to go, and I just complied.                                                See that Smith? I actually think its egyptian for "Howdy Doody"

Getting greener again. Nice. I like the coast cities here Smith.                                                    Oops. ATC - get that runway traffic out of my way, I am low on fuel.

And another fine landing, according to Captain Ole Andreasen. Hope you agree.                             Lets have the plane checked and another of those Forster for us Smith.

Verdict please.

Landing Score:122,65 (Okay - over 120 again. Good - and check the gear please)

Flight Score:139,29 (And nearly 140 here. Im back!)

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3126
Posted Saturday, December 27, 2008 2:46:50 PM

Leg 11:

YPAD (Adelaide) to YMML (Melbourne)

One of the two cities wrongfully thought to be the Capitol of Australia. It´s not, but it should be a fine City anyway. We are about to find out. It´s getting a little late, but there were no rooms to sleep in, so we had to push on, quickly.

Pretty scenery here, Maybe we should just sleep in the plane - plenty of room there.                    No? well ok - we fly to Melbourne - Nice taxiways here.

I have no idea whatsoever how you manage to take those pictures Smith, but Nice.                      Now look, weather is going to be bad I think, and daylight is fading as well.

Good that the wind was with us. We just made it before the night falls. Good for us.                   Landing - ....... NOW! Not bad huh?

Oh darn - a gust of wind almost threw us off the runway. Buw I made it just barely.                       I need a break now. Will you park the thing Smith? and the numbers?

Landing Score:130,65 (Whoo - this time I actually think you were too kind Smith - Thanks)

Flight Score:139,69 (And again - juuuuust under 140. Nice man. Great)

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3127
Posted Saturday, December 27, 2008 3:05:45 PM

Leg 12:

YMML (Melbourne) to YMHB (Hobart - Tasmania)

It was early morning, yesterday - I was up before the dawn. And I really have enjoyed my stay - but I must be moving on. Remember that Supertramp song Smith. Like a king without a castle - like a queen without a throne, I´m an early morning lover - but I must be moving on.... Love Supertramp man. And speaking of kings and queens, we are now going to the birthplace of the crownprincess Mary of Denmark. Married to our crownprince Frederik. And to the place of the Tazmanian devil - remember the cartoon Smith? Hilarious!

But what the heck it that Smith? Where is my 737? What? the gear? when can we have it back then? So what are we supposed to do?

Oh look Smith  - a letter from Robert Ichman. Lets see now. Well I´ll be damned Smith. Jeff Piston had fractured a rib falling down from the flightstairs on the Lerjet, and he wont be here for a couple of days. And the only available plane R.Ichman could send us, was that big 747 out there Smith. Joseph Ministrone brought it up from Wellington. We are supposed to fly to Hobart in that. A Boeing 747! I really am going to need a lot of help now Smith. Can we do it together? OK then lets try.

Im still to tired to see anything. Would you hand me my coffee, and drive this baby to the runway?          Thanks man - Appriciate it. Now where is the gas on this thing? Oh there! Lets go Smith.

Hey were doing alright arent we? What? I cannot hear a thing Smith?                                             Something wrong with the intercom. Guess I have to do this alone.

Og good. After all that water, here is Tasmania.                                                                           And lets baby this thing smoothly down to the ground now. Only have one shot at it.

And heeeeeeres Johnny!                                                                                         Well considering I couldent hear one single call from Smith the whole flight. I think it went very very well.

Well what did you think of it Smith?

Landing Score:134,84 (For a first?  and without instructor calls? GREAT!)

• Poor glideslope on ILS approach - you can do better.
  • Nose down too low - you need to land on your main gear.
  • Throttle(s) forward - should be idle.

Flight Score:157,17 (Whoooooo I think I am going to faint any time soon  )

• Late rotation - when Vr is reached - take off.
  • Excessive speed at low altitude - several complaints have been filed.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3128
Posted Saturday, December 27, 2008 3:22:00 PM

Leg 13a:

YMHB (Hobart - Tasmania) to NZCH (Christchurch - New Zealand)

New Zealand? I have always wondered Smith. the small Island I live on at home in Denmark, is called Sjælland in Danish, and that is Zealand in English, so New Zealand! - gotta be immigrants from Denmark who named the place.

And the 737 is still not here, so we have to continue using the big 747, but we did quite alright last time, and the Intercom had been fixed, so lets do it Smith. 

Crist - an even longer flight over water. Actually a veeery long flight.                                            OK - lets get underway now.

Mind your coffee Smith, but don´t worry. Just course corrections.                                           No pics from the ocean strip Smith? Yes it IS boring to watch, so this is New Zealand!

I think we are a little low there Smith, but not much. Looks good.                                                And lets get her down NOW, for huge scores.

Cool man. I have a great feeling about this one Smith. You agree?                                                  Gosh we are big. Look at that small one to the left.

Well  - moment of truth again! Hit me Smith.

Landing Score:168,80 (What?  - WHAT? 168? point 8? I dont believe it! A major new highscore. Halleluja!)

• Poor glideslope on ILS approach - you can do better.

Flight Score:160,82 (And another highscore! The best day of my life! Sweet potato!)

• Exceeding flap speeds - your flaps may be damaged: have them checked.

Definite room for improvement... (Maybe - but I am really really content about this one. :cool

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3129
Posted Monday, December 29, 2008 11:51:48 AM

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:31:09 AM
Ole,

What a fantastic score amigo!  Your stories are absolutely great!  I hear that Joe Minestrone is one cool cat.  You should get to know him better.  You'll learn a lot of cool phrases from him.

I shall do my best to make some of my stories more interesting...I promise.

Looks like you are having a blast with Mr. Smith.

JoeMini WWT Chief Pilot

Joe Mini

President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC. 
"If we get you to your destination in one piece, it's a miracle"  

Post #3132
Posted Monday, December 29, 2008 2:38:55 PM

JoeMini (12/29/2008)
Ole,

What a fantastic score amigo!  Your stories are absolutely great!  I hear that Joe Minestrone is one cool cat.  You should get to know him better.  You'll learn a lot of cool phrases from him.

I shall do my best to make some of my stories more interesting...I promise.

Looks like you are having a blast with Mr. Smith.

JoeMini WWT Chief Pilot

His name is Joseph and he HATES to be named after an Italian soup. It´s MinIstrone - Joseph Ministrone!

And hey - Thanks for the kind words. We all try to do our best, and I happen to like your stories very very much too.... See you in Miami April 1.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3133
Posted Monday, December 29, 2008 2:56:17 PM

Leg 13b:

NZCH (Christchurch) to NZWN (Wellington) - both New Zealand

Joseph Ministrone took off with the great big bird, and Jeff Piston brought the 737 back to us. It was great to be back behind the wheel of that one. I nearly forgot that we once flew in a small Learjet. Hopefully we will get back to that one soon.

But for now its off to Wellington.

I dont remember parking by that yellow popstickle - did you Smith?                                                  Well never mind, just get us out of here. A short trip to Wellington.

Quite a big city down there. Never thought so many people lived in New Zealand...                        Who plotted this course? I did? ok then, its a great course.

I am still high as a kite from that fantastic score on the last flight. Everything will be a dissapointment now.         But I am going to try the best I can to make it BIG.

Whooo its not a taildragger sunny! What? no no I was talking to myself.                                            Well I got us down once again - didn´t I? so stop whining.

And hit me hard Smith.

Landing Score:104,65 (Come on man this is not fair )

• Not near the centre line - you can do better. (Not near? I was ON the friggin centerline - but the ILS was - again - NOT aligned with the runway, sheez)

Flight Score:139,48 (Who cares?)

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3134
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

«««23456»»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 1:23am