FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

«««34567»»

WWT - Oles flights from The Middle East,... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, January 28, 2009 1:22:54 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Leg 22: (Off topic - This is my post nr. 500)

ZBAA (Beijing - China) to RKSS (Seoul - South Korea)

Do you know whats wrong with the 737 Smith? Seems like we are onto the 747 once again, and Im not sure thats the best call. Sometimes I long for the days when all we flew was the little LearJet - Can you even remember that Smith? Now R.Ichman is pretty much running the entire show, and decides what we fly and where. Im not comfortable with that Smith. Maybe I should talk to him. Get back in control.

See all those round buildings Smith. I feel like Im in a game of Trivial Persuit - dont you?                     But lets get the show on the road. Preflight checklist please.

Banking a 747 - a textbook example. Maybe we should write a fly-the-747-guide-book.                    oh - no worries. Ill type, you can just hum..

Its nice to be inflight - but all those 30.000 feet pictures get pretty boring Smith.                            Last one then - save your talent for the landings

See Smith? a much more appealing picture. Ups and downs are the good stuff.                              And the tiresmoke. Great pic Smith.

Wauu Smith. That is the cover picture on the next issue of "Winterflights Illustrated"                              You are an artist Smith.  Whoo a crowded Korean airport now. Where is Parking space B44?

OK - Korea Smith. How did I do?

Landing Score:149,30 (And another one - Big bow there Smith - Thank you!)

A splendid landing!

Flight Score:157,66 (And another one - Big bow.... no I already said that - didn´t I?)

Flight included the following problems:

• Steep banking - save your aerobatic flying for some other time.
  • Exceeding flap speeds - your flaps may be damaged: have them checked.
  • Airspeed too low - you are risking stalls.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3264
Posted Wednesday, January 28, 2009 1:37:15 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Leg 23:

RKSS (Seoul - South Korea) to RJTT (Tokyo - Japan)

I cannot get through to R.Ichman Smith. And still no word of our 737. Yes its going ok - but I dont want to fly this titanic cigar on a regular basis. That was not the plan Smith.

But I guess we have to use it ones more.

Danm cold here. lets turn on the heat and get the *beep* out of here.                                               Aaaah Airborne. I was borne for this Smith - airborne! Got it ? hahahaha - arh no humor Smith.

Still looks like a parachute trip down there, is a cooold and bad idea Smith.                                 Now thats more like it. I long for the Caribbean Smith. Wont be long now.

Who said Caribbean? There is a damn genuine Penguin down there.                                           A monument? Oh sorry - didnt know that. OK - lets land.

Sorry Smith - A little bumpy I think. But down we are.                                                                  And lets head for the terminal - I long for Japenese food. My treat Smith.

If - if you are kind that is!

Landing Score:142,90 (Well back to earth - but what the heck - its still ok)

Landing included the following problems:

• Poor glideslope on ILS approach - you can do better.

Flight Score:159,47 (And that makes up for the landingscore. )

• Poor steering during takeoff - stay in the centre of the runway.
  • Rapid descent - dangerous and uncomfortable.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3265
Posted Wednesday, January 28, 2009 4:48:33 AM

Leg 24:

RJTT (Tokyo - Japan) to UHWW (Vladivostok - Russia)

Vladivostok - Reminds me of John Cleese in the final scene of "A fish called Wanda" Jamie Lee Curtis goes bananas when her lovers speak Italian, and as it turns out - Russian. Very funny movie, and now its our turn to go there Smith. Ready?

And look Smith. We got the 737 back. I talked to R.Ichman last night and he told me that the 737 was ready to fly, so that one it is.

An early riser - so to speak. We headed out from Japan, and on to Russia.                                   Up up up and away. So far so good.

Out of Tokyo and north.                                                                                                            See that bridge on the lake. Think they were drunk when thsy made it?

Cross the water                                                                                                                        And a complete change of scenery - Russia lies below us.

Vladivostok ahead. Take a nap Smith. I will do this the right way.                                                          Bingo! On the spot. Damn I´m good.

Squaling tires. Frosty ground. Ladies and Gentlemen - welcome to Vladivostok.                              Utterly deserted. Reminds me og Stephen Kings "The Langoliers"

Like Stephen King Smith? No? well then - just the facts.

Landing Score:127,90

• Poor glideslope on visual approach - you can do better.
  • Too hard - may have damaged your landing gear

Flight Score:129,34

• Nose held too low - we're not in combat.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3266
Posted Wednesday, January 28, 2009 2:04:18 PM

Leg 25:

UHWW (Vladivostok - Russia) to UHSS (Yuzhno Sakhalinsk)

Non-ils landings are here. One down - quite a few to go. But I have proven myself quite OK at that, so I am confident. Lets head further north up in Russia.

From Russia with love. Genuine Vodka. We´ll save that for a rainy day, right Smith?                                Lets head north for that unsayable town Smith.

Strange how deserted that airport was Smith. But next one probably wont be more crowded.                  Whoooo lay off the steering wheel Smith, or lay or that bottle.

Im not crazy about the weather forecast Smith. Will you call for a fresh one please?                      Aaarh much better. And the runway is dead ahead.

Coming in for the kill now. Gonna make it, gonna make it.                                                                ON the numbers - once again, a landing from heaven Smith.

Ok slow the thing down. And come on - bring forward the follow me car.                                                Hey that Yozhnu vladikov airport - or something, is pretty nice. Lets find a seven-eleven. Im starving.

Smith. This is your time to do some serious work. I think I did great here. Please agree.

Landing Score:177,65 (OH MY GOD! A dang highscore. one-seventyseven on a non-ils - I am KING)

• Too hard - may have damaged your landing gear.

Definite room for improvement...

Flight Score:141,52 (yea - ok but Im still in the clouds about the landingscore)

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3267
Posted Wednesday, January 28, 2009 2:20:12 PM

Leg 26:

UHSS (Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk - Russia) to UHMM (Magadan - Russia)

After a landing like that one above. Who can sleep? I couldnt. Drank the bottle of Vodka, and had to wait forever to be able to fly again. Ill never drink again.

24 hours ago since we landed. Nothing has changed. No other planes has come.                                       I´m out of here. Place really gives you the hangovers man.

Goodbye to Yuzhno - as I found out the locals call it, much easier that way.                                  And heads into the clouds and once again north.

The sun is setting, like molasses in the sky, sang Allanah Myles once. Darn she was right.                  And darkness falls across the land - sang Michael Jackson.

Oh no - this looks like a landing in the dark. I am really bad at that. Miscalculation there Smith.                  Little early there arent we Smith? Dont set her down yet.

Darn - I knew it. Landings in darkness is just NOT me. Rotten score there Smith. I know.                    But what the heck. Lets get some chow.

Dont spare my feelings Smith. Hit me - hard.

Landing Score:28,69 (Rats. I knew it - from the sky  - to the abyss)

Flight Score:141,88 (yes thank you - but it still dosen´t make up for the trash above)

• Nose held too low - we're not in combat

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3268
Posted Wednesday, January 28, 2009 2:35:14 PM

Leg 27:

UHMM (Magadan - Russia) to UHMA (Anadyr - Russia)

On to the last russian airport. Just think Smith, after this one its back to North America again. Then we have been all the way around. Still not done yet, but still - its fantastic. But I think too far ahead. Now its up to Anadyr.

Days are very short in this area, so we waited for the sunrise and hurried off.                                   Dont waste any daylight Smith. Lets taxi faster.

Nice colours though.                                                                                                                       Boy, up we go. yehaaaaaaaaaaah

Oh man what a beautyful sunrise - Too bad I cannot anything in the cockpit.                             Better. Sun is up now and the flight is going pretty well, dont you think so Smith?

Are you sure we are on the right track Smith? I cannot see any landmarks down there.                 Nothing! Could just as well be the Sibiria. Oh it IS? then thats why.

See Smith. The days are very short here. Sky is already darkening. Luckily the runway is there.                    Looking a lot better than the last one.

Okay there. Not bad at all, from where Im sitting at least.                                                             Amazing - from sunup to sundown. Spooky.

And Smith? Short day - long flight. High score - Yes?

Landing Score:113,30 (Short day - long flight - and crappy score)

Flight Score:137,11 (Should have been 20 points higher for me to smile...)

• Poor attention to taxi speed - dangerous to yourself and others.
  • Nose held too high - spilt drinks and worried expressions.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3269
Posted Wednesday, January 28, 2009 3:02:00 PM

Leg 28:

UHMA (Anadyr - Russia) to PAOM (Nome - USA)

So we leave Russia - leave the eastern side of the world, and transmogriff ourselves to the western side, in an instant. Amazing. The earth is really round. I never was sure.

Wiser from the night landing earlier, we once again awaited the sunrise.                                        And then we took off for Alaska.

High above the airport, and its goodbye Russia - Nice vodka by the way.                                     See the moon is full, and not quite ready to go to bed.

The day gets lighter and so does my spirit - Back in the USA now.                                              I can SEE it. A strange feeling to come to USA from the "wrong" side.

Nome in sight. I wanna go shopping with my US dollars. Lets get down Smith.                              Don´t worry Smith, just making small course adjustments.

Coming in for the kill. All lights are green. Even the red ones. Ha ha                                              Little low again. Wait just a damn minute now.

Whopadoodledoo. Down we went. Christ I hope it was better than I felt it.                                      Im too excited for scores now Smith. Can we wait? 

NO? well alright then come on man.

Landing Score:156,55 (And it WAS. GREAT man)

A splendid landing!

Flight Score:134,01 (Fine with me - just fine)

• Dangerous taxiing turns - these cause discomfort and stress.
  • Narrowly missed tail strike - watch your pitch: this could have been bad.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3270
Posted Thursday, January 29, 2009 1:06:53 AM

Leg 29:

PAOM (Nome - USA) to PANC (Anchorage - USA)

On to the second of two stops in Alaska, before hitting Canada again. Gotta be a weird place to have a name ending with rage. well off we go.

Its amazing how fast the days go by here. I couldent live here in the winter.                              one very short day, and lots of night - no light at all. Jeez

But I get to practise my night flying. Just dont have me landing in it.                                                      ah the sun. What should we do without it? I know! Sell flashlights - ha ha

I see a bad moon rising. Like Creedence Smith? yes right on. We will buy the record.                          Turn left to some obscure course setting. Nothings right here in the north.

Why dont they have alpine skiing here Smith. Looks like a good place for a downhill.                                     But enough talk. Time to land in Anchorage.

Runway 14 - here we come.                                                                                                    Snowy - cold - and deserted. Could have been the moon Smith, apart from the snow.

Salmon for lunch? Good, but first - you know what.

Landing Score:130,00 (We need a break again Smith, and soon)

A splendid landing!

Flight Score:139,50 (Well I must say that I have moved my expectations - once that would have been a HUGE score)

Flight included the following problems

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3271
Posted Thursday, January 29, 2009 2:22:01 AM

Leg 30:

PANC (Anchorage - USA) to CYXY (Whitehorse - Canada)

And so finally we go to a country, that I remember, not from some alcoholic drink, but this one from Maple Syrup. I love that stuff.

Its just another day at the office. We prepare, we call ATC, we taxi.....                                                 And then we take off and head on to Whitehorse.

Another misty airport left behind                                                                                              And another piece of white peaks ahead.

I really do believe that airline pilots gets bored sometimes - but then they see sights like this                     And the boredom just vaporize - Im sure of it. Arent you Smith?

Canada really can show us nice scenery below. Even if its deserted.                                                   Lots of room for people though. Unlike Manhatten.

OK we are about to land in Whitehorse.                                                                                   And amazingly the daylight is dying again. Glad we made it Smith.

Not the most precise landing Ive done - or seen, but what the heck. We are down arent we?                  Smith my man. Rest. We have one more flight tommorow, and then its one week holiday again. I promise.

But can I have your numbers please?

Landing Score:117,55 (I really believe that Im tired now. I cannot get it up to speed anymore - need a break)

Flight Score:133,45 (Even the flightscore is below what I would accept)

• Steep banking - save your aerobatic flying for some other time.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3272
Posted Thursday, January 29, 2009 2:22:47 AM

Leg 31:

Final flight on the third part of the WWT. It has been a long third part I think. All the way from Saudi Arabia, through the entire Australia, and now in Canada.

A tire needed replacement and it took hours. Im seriously worried about the daylight.                         But God hates a coward, so we just headed on.

Hey Whitehorse is actually a town. I never saw that. I just turned in.                                           Canadian rivers. I would sure like to fish some Salmon there.

Oh no. Daylights wasting and we are not even halfway there. Darn.                                                   Looks like we head for low landingscores Smith

Yep. Nothing to do. I´ll just enjoy the sunset instead of whining. Looking good - right Smith?             And so far we are doing OK. Praise me Smith. Praise me.

There she goes Smith. Last drop of sunlight for part three of the WWT. *deep sigh*                         And where is that darn airport? WWT flight 3-4-5 calling Edmonton

Oh there it is. Now please let me get down in one piece. And a good score. Please.                           I DONT want to talk about it Smith. Just park her and Goodnight.

And just throw your numbers on the table.

Landing Score:52,04 (I know - I know)

• Not near the centre line - you can do better.

Definite room for improvement... (you could say that again)

Flight Score:140,19 (At least I finish the show with a 140+ score. Small favours man)

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3273
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

«««34567»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 4:05am