FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

«««12345»»»

WWT - Oles flights from The Middle East,... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Friday, December 12, 2008 3:48:09 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Leg 8b:

YTNK (Tennant) to YBAS (Alice Springs)

Whooo, need to practise those non-ils landings. Shaken and desturbed - just like James Bond, or is that wrong Smith? well anyway, we just get the heck out of here and on to Alice Springs.

Hot and flat - like my behind, after a long flight. Hit the gas Smith - eh no that would be me.             And a left turn just to get in line with the GPS

Now I know why they placed all the known cities in the opposite end of the contry.                  Alice Springs at 12 oclock Smith. Pre-landing check please!

Line up? What do you think I´m trying man? Have a 14 knots crosswind.                                       See - I got it down, right on the middle line - or what.... I always forget that one.

Hey there is that reversed Virgin again. Think it´s following us? eh - just ahead of us.                Never mind, just park it and lets have Crok for dinner.

Well Smith, hand over that paper.

Landing Score:142,55 (Ladies and Gentlemen - I am now officially in love with Mr.Smith)

Landing included the following problems:

• Throttle(s) forward - should be idle.

Flight Score:146,92 (Yabaaa dabbaaa dooooooooooo!)

A smooth flight!

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #2991
Posted Friday, December 12, 2008 3:53:31 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Leg 9a:

YBAS (Alice Springs) to YAYE (Ayers Rock Airport)

Well back to the non-ils again. But after that great score, I think I could fly.... Now we head further inland to one major tourist attraction - The biggest monolith in the world. Ayers Rock. Boy cannot wait to see that one.

We head out to the runway                                                                                              Taxiway IS the runway, so we make a 180 degree turn, not all that easy, but...

Out of Alice Springs. Now head southwest Smith and we should see Ayers in a short while.               THERE IT IS! Look Smith. What? no no it´s bigger than it looks from here.

Almost a thousend feet tall, according to the tourist map here.                                                 OK Ayers Rock Airport. Lets hit it straight now.

Oh rats. Might have done it again. Too long down the runway. gotta get in down earlier.          But what the heck. It´s Ayers Rock. Lets Rock.

What do you say that we rent a local plane and take a cruise around the rock. Maybe set down and climb it. I would like to stand on top and say, with my best Sean Connory voice; "Welcome to The Rock!"

But first the usual Smith. Please?

Landing Score:8,00 (Arh for Petes sake - I even halved the last non-ils - *sigh*)

• Distance from touchdown target (visual approach): 446 feet (That´s the sinner again)

• Too hard - may have damaged your landing gear.
  • Throttle(s) forward - should be idle.

Flight Score:139,45 (and once again I have to thank you for the flightscore)

Flight included the following problems:

• Airspeed too low - you are risking stalls.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #2992
Posted Friday, December 12, 2008 7:55:26 AM

Leg 9b - an unrated sightseeing leg:

YAYE (Ayers Rock airport) to YAYE (Ayers Rock airport) in a Schweizer 300 CBi Helicopter!

No local planes were available at the time of our stay in Ayers Rock, but I wanted to go there. But they had a little Helicopter, a Schweizer 300 CBi. I love helicopters so I rented it for a couple of hours. Smith was not interested in going with me on this one. He didn´t like helicopters, and didn´t have the skills to rate me in one, so it was only me alone, going to Ayers Rock or Uluru as it is called by the original Australians.

OK I started from the runway at AR Airport. Don´t know why they placed it there for me but...     I headed 165 degrees to head directly for the Rock.

Left the airport - and for once - Mr.Smith behind                                                                    and headed off to the monolith

Closing in on the titanic rock - Uluru. Man I felt small. And Smith thought it looked small.                            Fortunatly I was in a Helicopter, so I sat down on Ayers Rock and got out.

And so I did it. All alone I yelled "Welcome to The Rock" Connery would have been proud.             But It was an expensive rent, so I headed back.

I headed back to the Ayers Rock Airport where Smith was waiting with hot coffee. Nice!              But first I needed to land the bastard. A hard task but I did it.

I smoothly eased the rented machine down to the ground. To bad I wouldent get rated.           - and just one last glance back at Uluru - Ayers Rock.

You really should have been with me Smith. Everything went extremly well, and it was SOO huge. You wouldent believe it. Great trip man.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #2998
Posted Friday, December 12, 2008 8:28:14 AM

Leg 9c:

YAYE (Ayers Rock) to YDBY (Derby)

After that little adventure, it was time to get back to the fixed wing airplane, the 737 to be exact, and head on to our next destination. Derby. Smith was back with me - fairly impressed with my helicopter skills, and he´d bought me a souvenier - a plastic rock. It was down right ugly, but I love it just the same. Thank you Mr.Smith.

So we left the Rock behind. Headed north-west towards Derby                                                Boy it goes a lot faster in a 737.

Australia it hot and deserted sometimes and somewhere, but here even in the summertime         - the riverdeltas was pretty filled with water.

I almost got fooled by that airport at 10 oclock, but Smith tapped at the GPS.                          It was this one we needed to land the next non-ils landing. Sweat broke out on my palms...

Gonna make it, gonna make it, gonna make it, gonna make it.                                                                   Level wings, watch your airspeed, don´t stall - COME ON - give me a break!

Yes sir. One heck of a lot better. Gotta be three digits, this landing - Gotta!                              But Smith woulden´t discuss it until we were parked and having coffee in the pilots lounge.

Yea - what pilots lounge. I was a thermos in the cockpit. But it was still coffee. OK Smith give it to me - gently!

Landing Score:124,65 (Alrighty then.... were back in business!)

• Poor glideslope on visual approach - you can do better.
  • Wings not level - danger of clipping the ground or damaging your gear.
  • Without spoilers armed - arm them before landing.

Flight Score:135,74 (Oh well you cannot have it all - where would you put it?)

• Wings not level near ground - danger of clipping a wing.
  • Rapid descent - dangerous and uncomfortable.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #2999
Posted Friday, December 12, 2008 4:11:48 PM

Leg 9d:

YDBY (Derby) to YPPD (Port Hedland)

I think I got it now - I hope I got it now. The landingtecnique for non-ils landings. The next ones will show.

We were now moving our butts to Port Hedland. Further south west.

Damn - not much room to turn around                                                                              - and not here either - come on - build some taxiways

Hey great view from up here. Nice looking ground.                                                                  - and off once again to the south west.

See Smith, the river ends here, right in the ocean as always.                                               and the flight ends. The runway.

Looking foxy... no not you Smith, the path to the runway... ok then you also Smith.                  Strangest runway layout I´ve seen so far.

And finally at the gate - or rather...... a storage facility? or what the heck is that?

So this is the moment Smith. I think that landing went extremly well. so Give me paw.....

Landing Score:142,30 (I don´t have words - amazing. I AM KING OF NON-ILS LANDINGS)

Flight Score:142,92 (and another 140+ Dammit I´m good!)

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3001
Posted Friday, December 12, 2008 5:07:01 PM

Leg 9e:

YPPD (Port Hedmont) to YPLM (Learmont)

Went into the storage building, and found out it was an Australian cooling house. No windows, to let in light and heat. Inside it was cool and dry air. they even had a pint of Stella, cool and delicious. To Smith it looked as comforting as an incestrial home.
And in the middle of it who came in the door? Jeff Piston. He took a Bud, and then we talked a lot. I told him I thought I heard the Learjet landing. No mistaking the sound of that rusty ball-bearing. I just had to get out and sit in it for a while. It has so much asmosphere, compared to the big hunk of metal I currently fly. I was so tempted to take the Lear on the next flight, but ended up deciding against it. Another one in the 737 it would be.

Who would have thought that this ugly building was so nice inside.....?                                    well better room to turn the bird here. Thank you for that.

Not as great a ascend as in Derby, but you can´t win´em all...                                                 Looks like that river dried up juuuust before hitting the coast. Bummer!

But a very short flight  - still got us into the evening. Love the color of evening.                       Runway dead ahead. Checklist please Smith!

Humpty doody - down we go. See Smith - very close to the edge.                                             And taxiing to gates. Can you see anything? Me neither...

Ok final bit. Looks like there´s a parking space open over there. See it? Good.                               I´m bushed now - and you look really shitty too Smith. What do you say we call it a day? Thanks!

Only... - give me the verdict before you fall asleep.

Landing Score:120,65 (More wants more - I should be jumping for joy, but I want more now.... )

Flight Score:136,84 (and here also... Juuuust a little better would be nice - still an average of about 129 - that´s good enough)

• Nose held too high - spilt drinks and worried expressions.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3002
Posted Friday, December 12, 2008 5:24:04 PM

Leg 9f:

YPLM (Learmont) to YCAR (Carnavougn)

A short night, and off we went while the moon was setting. Sunup soon, so we should have a blast going to Carnavougn.

The bigger the moon, the bigger the man - my father always said. What a crock.                  Lights on so we don´t get hit by a deer or something.

Damn. It took forever to get take-off clearence. It´s day now.                                                So Smith - talked with Ms.Aviatrix lately? Been quiet about her.

Well the AP is taking care of the plane. Lets talk about Ms.Aviatrix Smith.                                   Is everything alright between you two? oh good to hear.

Let me just make this right turn - and why dont you use my cell and call her up?                           Quick Smith - take a picture when we cross the river - Runway in sight.

Gonna make it, gonna make it.... Will be my mantra from now on. Gonna make it...                     Bang! a little to the left, but fair enough. Fair enough Smith - you hear me?

Hey look to the right. You think JoeMini got here before us. He drives such a plane Smith.            The building to the left looks like a shelf of ringbinders. awesome man.

Well Smith. Lets get right to it. Numbers please!

Landing Score:113,75 (*sigh* pointcurve is descending - Come on man, you can do better - you CAN!)

• Ballooning during landing - needs practice.

Flight Score:129,98 (And flight straight you doggon you - that would be me for a change)

• Dangerous taxiing turns - these cause discomfort and stress.
  • Throttle and brakes during taxi - bad for many systems.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3003
Posted Friday, December 26, 2008 3:38:35 PM

Leg 9g

YCAR (Carnavough) to YGEL (Geraldton)

Heading further down the westcoast of Australia searching for Perth.

Look Smith that little plane there, cute isnt it? Boy I feel big in comparison                                  Well off we go. Look Geraldton up on the Google will you Smith?

The GPS is out again - can we just follow the river Smith?                                                       Whoooo what a river, do I go left or right?  - I need an answer - now!

Left! Great. ok I see it                                                                                                     Hey you were right again. runway dead ahead.

What the .......? Look at those trees - who planted those there? We are going to clip a wing.         Boy we made it, just barely. Hand me the complaint paper Smith. And hand me the verdict too please! 

Landing Score:112,65 (Darn - I gotta up that)

Definite room for improvement...

Flight Score:151,89 (But this one is great! Thank you man)

A smooth flight!

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3118
Posted Friday, December 26, 2008 3:50:54 PM

Leg 9h:

YGEL (Geraldton) to YPPH (Perth)

Back to ILS landings That will be great for once. Not many of those in Australia.

Looks good from here, but remember that those pretty trees grew right before the runway....           OK looks clear from here. Lets rock Smith. Hey Ho Silver - awaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

A small oasis in a sandy desert-looking area. Lets get the beep out.                                    South Smith - South, see the map - Perth.

Look Smith. More green spots on the ground. Must be an airport.                                            Hey now we´re talking, civilazation to the right.

OK we are about to land. Looking good there Smith - NO not the picture, look out the window.    Bingo man, Right on the line. Ye-haaaaaar!

Nice looking terminal. Did you see that movie "The Terminal" with Tom Hanks?  No? well never mind. just rate me - high!

Landing Score:123,65 (well 120+ better, not good but better)

• Not near the centre line - you can do better.

Flight Score:137,50 (and lower - but still decent)

• Wings not level near ground - danger of clipping a wing.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3119
Posted Friday, December 26, 2008 4:02:52 PM

Leg 10a:

YPPH (Perth) to YPKG (Calgoolie)

Calgoolie! sounds like toothpaste, but ok it´s my next stop. lets get on with it Smith - shall we?

Well Smith. It is one beautyful airport we are leaving.  Lets taxi out to gate 21.                            One strange start of a runway, but okay nice wide taxiway.

And now dead east Smith.                                                                                                      No not that much east. A little to the north, keep on dry land. Calgoolie is inland.

Nice waterways everywhere. I didnt know that about Australia, did you Smith?                             OK Calgoolie ahead. Gear down Smith - if you please!

Good touchdown there. On the mark again. I am getting good at this.                                      And another bunker for terminal. Those Australians are one strange bunch.

The rating please, and then a Forster - what do you say?

Landing Score:109,95 (Aaarh rats man. what am I doing wrong here?)

Flight Score:132,66 (Getting sloppy here I recon - buck up man!)

• Exceeding flap speeds - your flaps may be damaged: have them checked.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3120
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

«««12345»»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 10:21pm