FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

«««1213141516»»»

WWT Joe Mini Log and Pictures Part 1: Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Monday, September 29, 2008 4:11:46 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:31:09 AM
LIPZ (September 27)  Venice, Italy to Ljubljana, Slovenia

Had a fantastic time in Italy so all good things must come to an end.  Gotta get going on making it to London, so a few more countries to hit before.  Took the Beech out for a few short flights...

Flew a little around the area to see if I could get some better pictures....Cruise ship in harbor.

City life but still not what I was looking for, so off to Slovenia. 

Flying downwind of airport, and lining up nicely yet once again for a sure failure....we'll see.

Landing Score:86.75             Flight Score:109.28

A splendid landing!

Flight included the following problems:

• Narrowly missed obstacles - plan your safety altitudes.   (Say what Mr. Smith...had a little too much wine last night?)

Joe Mini

President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC. 
"If we get you to your destination in one piece, it's a miracle"  

Post #2415
Posted Monday, September 29, 2008 4:18:03 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

LJLJ to LDZA (September 27)  Ljubljana, Slovenia to Zagreb, Croatia

Another short flight to Zagreb.

Adria Airlines...cool paint scheme with there jets...Beauty of mountains and rural areas.

Closing in on Zagreb, and a little low right now...pull up Maverick...

Landing Score:76.54             Flight Score:112.64

Landing included the following problems:

• Poor steering after landing - stay on the centre line.

A smooth flight!

Joe Mini

Post #2416
Posted Tuesday, September 30, 2008 12:14:38 AM

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Joe: When you post, you post. Boy a lot of flights! Love to read and watch every one of them. See that you tried "my" plane. And did fairly good too. Must be a better pilot than I am, but what the heck...

And I see that you have exactly the same problem as I have. Getting left of the centerline. 99% of my landings off centerline, is to the left. It that a common problem? or is it just us, I wonder?

I seem to fall behind again, and better hurry up in the air to get on, if I am going to make in to London on the 10´th! Damn, always in a hurry.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #2419
Posted Tuesday, September 30, 2008 1:49:36 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 3:40:27 AM
Once again Joe - an amazing piece of work. Lots of great pictures and insights in the the wild and whacky world of FS and FSFS. 

Loved the waterfall at the end of the runway...

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #2421
Posted Tuesday, September 30, 2008 6:26:38 AM

oleandreasen (9/30/2008)

And I see that you have exactly the same problem as I have. Getting left of the centerline. 99% of my landings off centerline, is to the left. It that a common problem? or is it just us, I wonder?

Ole...i tell you what...I swear I'm lined up fairly descent most time...I'm looking further down the runway instead of fixating on the numbers, etc, but I must just be the way it's being shown on the screen.  I mean I'm 99% left of center every time.  Just once, I'm gonna hit the centerline and make mental notes of where it's at inside the cockpit for reference.  I can't figure it out..."

[Edit] Plus trying to take last minute pictures prolly doesn't help either...

Joe Mini

Post #2440
Posted Tuesday, September 30, 2008 6:46:27 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Could it be that as the captain sits left of the center of the aircraft, the pilot 'expects' to be left of center and perhaps is too far left?

Do you generally land in 3D (VC) mode or 2D mode?

Are you using a Track IR device?

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #2441
Posted Tuesday, September 30, 2008 7:17:57 AM

SL: It could very well be that. I use VC always, and sometimes slip out to locked spot mode and then back again to VC. Never 2D cockpit, I don´t like that at all. I used to use the TrackIR but since my comp went sloooooooow I disconnected it, and just need to bring it back up from the shelf. Will do tonight - that I promise myself.

Joe: I have a solution for your picture taking. You take all the pictures you need on the route, and then when you need to concentrate on landing, do that... NO screens. Then after landing, sitting on the runway. pause the thing, and do your submitting of scores, and come back to FS. Use options and select "instant replay" choose something like 180 seconds (three minuts) and go. then you get the entire landing in replay, just at you did it. You can even change the view, and take all the lovely screenshots you like, from any angle, and not get stressed.

Now that´s cool, or what? And it does not interfere with the flight or FSFS at all.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #2443
Posted Tuesday, September 30, 2008 7:42:23 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Ole's suggestion is an excellent way to get pictures at your own pace by taking them during a replay. Heck if the replay is really cool, fire up Fraps or similar and record a movie of the darned thing!

NOTE - Fraps and FSFS do not get along - known issues. Fraps is great, we own it, but please don't run it at the same time as FSFS.

Technical note about replays - during a replay FS is, as I like to see it, 're-enacting' your flight. It is not merely playing a movie of it. It is using the data it recorded to reconstruct your flight mathematically. As a result, a landing (for example) will not necessarily be exactly the same as when it occurred in real time. The further back you start the replay, the better, as it gives FS time to get the plane back into the right speed, pitch, etc.

Post #2445
Posted Tuesday, September 30, 2008 9:16:59 AM

oleandreasen (9/30/2008)

Joe: I have a solution for your picture taking. You take all the pictures you need on the route, and then when you need to concentrate on landing, do that... NO screens. Then after landing, sitting on the runway. pause the thing, and do your submitting of scores, and come back to FS. Use options and select "instant replay" choose something like 180 seconds (three minuts) and go. then you get the entire landing in replay, just at you did it. You can even change the view, and take all the lovely screenshots you like, from any angle, and not get stressed.

Now that´s cool, or what? And it does not interfere with the flight or FSFS at all.

Well shoot....amazing what you can learn just from you Ole....I'll have to get that a try!

You know...I'm almost always landing now in VC mode...really like it much better.  As you know when I taxi all these different airplanes, I'll sit there and try to find good reference points on the "dashboard", look outside and see where the front wheels are, go back and say....ok that's dead center.  Yet when landing, it might just be the way it's coming on the screen, or I have just got to get out of my head to have my "reference" point just a tad bit more right, and go with it...I mean it can't hurt with 99% of me always being left.  I want people to enjoy the pictures and I'm prolly making more out of it, but I think most enjoy it.  Who wants to see pictures at 25K, when all the action is on taxi, takeoff, and landings...

Joe Mini

Post #2447
Posted Tuesday, September 30, 2008 9:45:25 AM

You DO know that in VC you can "raise" in your seat, yes? you press "shift-Enter" as many times at you want to lower the dashboard but not the horizon, as if you raised in your seat. I think you go back to default by pressing space, but you can see that in FS options, keypresses or what it´s called, where you map keystrokes.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #2449
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

«««1213141516»»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 9:39pm