FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

12345»»»

WWT Joe Mini Log and Pictures Part 1: Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Sunday, August 03, 2008 6:03:02 PM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Saturday, September 06, 2008 7:02:33 PM
[Editor's note:  I wish not to offend anyone for my sense of humor, spelling, etc.  This is all for FUN, and I hope you all will enjoy my flight logbook and pictures.  I already will have many flying woes and I hope to have a little fun with the scenery, and of course flying.  Enjoy!

The scene:
{Joe Mini steps up to the podium at Miami, International....the crowds applaudes.  Clears throat, farts, and then belches}

"Thank you all for coming.  Today marks an epic journey for me.  This event would not be possible for the little people I stepped on to get here.  Gosh, where to begin.  Oh yes, I have a short list of people I wish to show my appreciation for...."

First of all, I'd like to thank Squadron Leader for giving me the software I'll be using to perfect my flying skills, and I would not be remissed not to mention his name, because if I had not purchased this fine, errr excellent software packagae, and finally getting it going with my computer, I would still to this day be flying by the seat of my pants...{clapping}.  And thank you for inventing Mr. Smith...What a pain in the azz."  {Cheers}

Secondly, I'd like to recognize Ole Andreason for starting a FSFS forum thread challenging the pilots to fly around the world.  Through our few short weeks of knowing him, combining our ideas, I think we've become good buddies.  Internet is great!  Thanks a bunch Ole, and I raise my beer in salute. {Clapping}

Third, I'd like to express my thanks to Flight Safety International.  I have been recognized for taking their simulators to a whole new level.  Even though I barely graduated with high D's, I know I will make them proud.  Learning 3 airplanes in 1 week probably violates all FAA regulations, but it pays to have money and overlook this situation. {silence}

Fourth, I'd like to recognize the fine people at Hawker Beech Aircraft for supplying me a Beech Baron 58.  To the fine people at Orbit Airlines for giving me, errr...leasing me both their Bombardier CRJ-700 and Boeing B737-800 series jets.  The corporate sponsorship they've shown me goes far beyond the trust they've shown me.  I apologize to Orbit Airlines training center for, shall I say, demolishing 3 CRJ-700's at the practice facility in Wichita, Kansas.  And for damaging 5 Boeing 737's of which 3 was not my fault.  I believe the 3 flight recorders which have not been found yet will show that I'll be exonnerated of all charges file against me. {a few claps}

Thank you to Pizza Hut, Quik Trip, Taco Bell, Dunkin' Donuts, Budweiser, Bob's Tire and Lube, Advil, Prep H, and Rest in Heaven Mortuaries for all there sponsorship and supplying much needed food, medical supplies, and passenger coffins for my trip {clapping}

And finally, who am I forgetting....oh yes....my wife, my 2 kids, my fish Pete for giving me the lifelong passion of mine to fly around the world.  {Raises arms in triumph}  Yes, I will be gone for 8 long months, but let's face it, who cares about your schedules, lives, and daily living?  Your life will just have to be put on hold.  It's my time and if you don't like it, well [Censored] {Huge Cheers and applause}  Sorry about that, I got carried away.  {Joe kisses wife and kid's and brushes back a tear}

Thank you all for coming, and without further ado, I will walk through this jetway, find my captain's chair in this beautifully restored B737-800 that was brought back to life from the good folks at Piece-of-Sheeet Aviation Salvage.  Thank you all.  {Waves to crowd and enters Jetway}

And so the journey begins:

Joe Mini
President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC
"If we get you to your destination in one piece, it's a miracle"

Mission Statement:

We ARE the youngest fleet of pilots in the world!  Our pilots average LESS than 10 hours of total flight experience.  No company in the world can offer this kind of flying security.  Fly with confidence knowing our pilots are there to make your flight one of the most memorable one ever!  Sit back and enjoy the ride.

“If we get you to your destination in one piece, it’s a miracle!” ™

Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC.

Post #1720
Posted Sunday, August 03, 2008 6:12:20 PM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

KMIA-KTPA  (August 1st)   (6:30'ish pm departure)

Departing Miami - Anxious moments.                                  Beautiful shot of downtown and cruise ships

Flying northwest over beautiful sunset                                 Taxing to gate in Tampa

Flying notes:  Landing Score: 75.63   Flight Score: 91.94
Landing included the following problems:

• Poor glideslope on ILS approach - you can do better.

Flight included the following problems:

• Dangerous taxiing turns - these cause discomfort and stress.

Trust me folks, you'll see a trend soon!

Joe Mini

Mission Statement:

We ARE the youngest fleet of pilots in the world!  Our pilots average LESS than 10 hours of total flight experience.  No company in the world can offer this kind of flying security.  Fly with confidence knowing our pilots are there to make your flight one of the most memorable one ever!  Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Post #1721
Posted Sunday, August 03, 2008 6:18:08 PM

FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Sunday, August 09, 2009 3:42:51 AM
Joe:

That is one heck of a startout. Great. Thanks for mentioning me. I will use theFSFlyingSchool World Wide Tour (WWT) thread Click HERE for all my flight posts. It´s easier to keep it in one place.

Ole

Chief Pilot/Chairman of the board/Sole owner of  

Zero-viZ - Perfect mix of Metalfatique and free coffee!

Post #1722
Posted Sunday, August 03, 2008 6:22:45 PM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

KTPA-KPNS  (August 2st)   (6:30'ish am departure)  Tampa to Pensacola, FL

Morning on the ramp in Tampa                                           Southwest airlines taking off

Morning coming up over wing                                             Another wakeup morning sun

Holy crap, haven't practiced much zero visablity yet.               Raining like hell, and I'm coming in hot!

Flying Notes:  Landing score: 0.00 (yikes)  Flight Score: 89.05

• Too fast - you had to force the plane to stay down.

• Exceeding flap speeds - your flaps may be damaged: have them checked.

See a trend yet?

Joe Mini

Mission Statement:

Post #1723
Posted Sunday, August 03, 2008 6:31:44 PM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

KPNS-KMSY  (August 2st)   (2:00'ish pm departure)  Pensacola, FL to New Orleans, LA

After long repairs to damaged flaps, my bird was ready to fly again.  Thanks Pensacola Aviation!

Holy crap, just got it fixed and damn near wrecked it.             Flying over Pensacola bay

Arriving Mississippi Delta area                                                       Coming in around downtown city

Flying Notes:  Landing Score: 92.03  Flying Score: 91.69

• Poor glideslope on ILS approach - you can do better.

Dear passengers, I'm sorry for not having enough vomit bags on board.  Will correct problem soon!

Joe Mini

Mission Statement:

Post #1724
Posted Sunday, August 03, 2008 6:43:27 PM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

KMSY-KJAN  (August 2st)   (3:38'ish pm departure)  New Orleans, LA to Jackson, MS

Had a great night on the town on Bourban Street...little woozy but I'm a pilot.
Feeling pretty good about myself finally with the B737, that I decided to take the Beech out for a spin.

Loading up...and hey maybe I should fly a GulfStream?            Look, everyone left when they heard I'm flying a Beech?

Waiting departure...incoming Continental 737                               Leaving New Orleans....cool backdrop of city and airport

Looking back at Lake Ponchetrain (sp?)                                       Afternoon storm constantly brewing in Summer and the South

Getting lined up with runway                                                  Dang it...way off.  Still made a good landing.

Flying Notes:  Landing Score: 87.45  Flying Score: 103.10  (first triple digit score, yea baby!)
A splendid landing!

• Poor attention to taxi speed - dangerous to yourself and others.
  • Loss of altitude during takeoff - climb smoothly.

I guess it doesn't matter what plane I'm in, my taxiing sucks.  At this point, me and Mr. Smith are having some rather unpleasant conversations.

Joe Mini

Mission Statement:

Post #1725
Posted Sunday, August 03, 2008 6:50:32 PM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

KJAN-KMEM  (August 2st)   (5:00'ish pm departure)  Jackson, MS to Memphis, TN

Had to make a quick stop at FedEx hub.  The contracted out to me to fly some supplies from Jackson to Memphis for a Joe Mini WWT charity event to be held later.

Talk about your smoggy late evening haze                              Landing just a bit off, but close....eh  SL?

Dropping off some supplies, and also met Tom Hanks personally to tell him outside of the crash scene in Castaway, the movie dragged on forever.  He told me to piss off, gosh I'm hurt.

Flying Notes:  Landing Score: 81.14  Flight Score: 89.77

• Throttle(s) forward - should be idle.

Gosh dang it...I'm starting to get peeved with my taxiing....honestly, what the hell is wrong with these passengers?

Joe Mini

Mission Statement:

Post #1726
Posted Sunday, August 03, 2008 7:10:35 PM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

KMEM-KBNA  (August 2st)   (6:30'ish pm departure)  Memphis, TN to Nashville, TN

Thanks to FedEx for fixing the damaged flaps again.  Off to see so live Country music, and to see the Mountains of Dolly Parton.

Tower view...taxiing slowly!....                               Crap!  Are you sure we won't hit any airplanes with this traffic?

Leaving Memphis, International                   Check out the cool looking pilot...and oh yea...Mr. Smith....notice the scar on his face?

On final runway 31....                                                             Check out the smokin' tires....too fast?

Flying Notes:  Landing score: 6.20 (S.O.B)       Flight Score: 90.03

• No glideslope information was available on visual approach.
  • No runway alignment information was available on visual approach.
  • No glideslope - could not compare flare to glideslope.
  • Not near the centre line - you can do better.
  • Touch down not aligned with the runway - let's point down the runway.
  • Throttle(s) forward - should be idle.

• Rapid descent - dangerous and uncomfortable.

This flight is under total protest!  The idiot behind the Captains chair forgot to tell Mr. Smith I was landing.  Remember people, you have to tell your instructor your landing, or it's all for not.

And by the way, those mountains are majestic at Dollyworld!

Joe Mini

Mission Statement:

Post #1727
Posted Sunday, August 03, 2008 11:02:47 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
JoeMini:

You´ve really come around with this screens posting. Fantastic storytelling, pics and talk. Great.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #1728
Posted Wednesday, August 06, 2008 7:26:58 PM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

KBNA - KCHA  (August 3rd)   (7:00'ish am departure)  Nashville, TN to Chattanooga, TN

Well folks, I had some great pictures of the river and mountain valley of Tennessee, but we was having power outages, and I had tried twice to post some pictures, then when I came back to do it the next day, I accidently deleted the pictures....Doh!

So all I can report is scoring:

Flying notes:  Landing Score 87.97   Flying Score: 90.25

Damaged the damn flaps again...Repair Depot!

Joe Mini

Mission Statement:

Post #1743
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12345»»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 9:16am