FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

«««34567»»»

WWT Joe Mini Log and Pictures Part 1: Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, August 23, 2008 12:00:11 PM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Saturday, September 06, 2008 7:02:33 PM
FSFlying School Audience.

JoeMini WWT tours is pleased to announce that we will be providing even better pictures as my software comes in from Flight1.  Soon I will have 3 upgrades to my scenery software which I hope my pictures will come alive.  The following pictures have new SceneryTech Landclass scenery pictures.  Coming soon in the mail I'll be adding Ultimate Terrain and Ultimate Ground scenery....Enjoy the Pict's.

Joe Mini
President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC
"If we get you to your destination in one piece, it's a miracle"

Mission Statement:

We ARE the youngest fleet of pilots in the world!  Our pilots average LESS than 10 hours of total flight experience.  No company in the world can offer this kind of flying security.  Fly with confidence knowing our pilots are there to make your flight one of the most memorable one ever!  Sit back and enjoy the ride.

“If we get you to your destination in one piece, it’s a miracle!” ™

Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC.

Post #1887
Posted Saturday, August 23, 2008 12:06:04 PM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

KBTV - CYUL (August 21)   Burlington, VT to Montreal, Canada

Took the ol' Baron out again for a nice short flight over to Montreal.  Took in a Canadian pre-season hockey game and some downtown music.  Oh Canada!

Taxing out to outbound runway, and nice shot of leaving Burlington.  Had a nice visit.

Approaching Montreal over the water....look at all my ground clutter now.... I like it!

Flying notes:  Landing Score 70.75   Flying Score: 112.42

Landing included the following problems:

• Too hard - may have damaged your landing gear.
  • Not near the centre line - you can do better.

A smooth flight!

Joe Mini

Mission Statement:

We ARE the youngest fleet of pilots in the world!  Our pilots average LESS than 10 hours of total flight experience.  No company in the world can offer this kind of flying security.  Fly with confidence knowing our pilots are there to make your flight one of the most memorable one ever!  Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Post #1888
Posted Saturday, August 23, 2008 12:14:24 PM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

CYUL - KBGR (August 21)   Montreal, Canada to Bangor, ME

Starting to head east and make my way up through Canada and on over to Greenland.  But amazed with this new scenery I'm getting now...Enjoy.  My B737-800 has been fixed and will back into fleet...for how long?  That's a mystery.

Qantas back in operation...Transat Airlines just landing and exiting runway.

Cool shot of Montreal...see ya!  Wing shot of countryside.

Lots of water and land up in Maine.  Really neat.  Final approach...two white and two red...that's good!

Not sure how I managed to get this one, but this turned out really cool from Tower.  Oh look, an empty airport.

• Too fast - you had to force the plane to stay down.
  • Without spoilers armed - arm them before landing.

Flight included the following problems:

• Late rotation - when Vr is reached - take off.
  • Nose held too low - we're not in combat.

Joe Mini

Mission Statement:

Post #1889
Posted Sunday, August 24, 2008 6:10:51 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 3:40:27 AM
Joe:

Great pix and interesting story - good to see you're making good progress!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #1890
Posted Sunday, August 24, 2008 7:21:36 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Last Login: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:31:09 AM
KBGR - CYUL (August 23)   Banger, ME to Halifax, Nova Scotia

Leaving the good ol' U.S. of A behind for the long journey up the coast of eastern Canada and over into Europe. 

Tower View of my Jet and WWT-JoeMini leaving the USA for a long time....Be back in about 6 months.

Approaching the west coast of Nova Scotia, and final approach at Halifax.

Using AutoPilot for the Altitude holds....dang I'm getting robbed.

Flying notes:  Landing Score 81.04   Flying Score: 86.73

A splendid landing!

• Exceeding flap speeds - your flaps may be damaged: have them checked.

This is a little under protest with the exceeding flaps, but yes I had them down too long on takeoff and my speed was getting up there....dang it! 

Joe Mini

President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC. 

Post #1891
Posted Sunday, August 24, 2008 8:30:34 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

CYHZ - CYYT (August 23)   Halifax, Nova Scotia to St. John's, New Foundland

This is the part of the journey I'm looking forward to the most.  With all my travels mostly in the states, all the travel now should be brand new to me....so hopefully my scenery will come through in flying colors.  Just when I thought there wasn't much to look at, off the coast of New Foundland, I got a shot of some cool rocky bluffs off the ocean.  Cool!

I'm gonna try to make more postings after flights, because when I seem to wait for a week, I'll forget things, so I'm gona give it a try.  Not sure if it will work, but I'll give it a go.  Keep trying to think of different shots to show off, but when I try to capture the landing ones, too much stuff is going on that I'll mess up the landing.

Qantas 737-800 back in service for WWT-JoeMini.  Glad plane is operational again. 

Passing the tip of Nova Scotia and on to New Foundland.  Nearing the St. John's area. Just south of airport.

Really cool bluff picture.  Wish I would have gotten closer with picture...and as usual, all lined up and something goes wrong.

Flying notes:  Landing Score 78.67   Flying Score: 85.77

• Poor glideslope on ILS approach - you can do better.

• Late rotation - when Vr is reached - take off.
  • Poor attention to taxi speed - dangerous to yourself and others.
  • Rapid descent - dangerous and uncomfortable.
  • Narrowly missed obstacles - plan your safety altitudes.
  • Poorly trimmed aircraft - trimmers are there to help: use them.

Jet Jockey at it's best, although I don't recall the Narrowly missing obstacles?  I'm drawing a blank on this one....

Joe Mini

Post #1892
Posted Sunday, August 24, 2008 11:53:47 AM

CYYT - CYYR (August 24)   St. John's, New Foundland to Goose Bay, New Foundland

St. John's, New Foundland - AP press
JoeMini WWT president, Joe Mini Chief pilot is pleased to announce once again, Delta Airlines is donating another jet to the fleet.  Delta, a proud sponsor of the WWT, is happy to lease a new B737-800 jet.  Hopefully we can get a landing down before repairs will have to be made?   We are proud to say, a good landing was made.  This trip however wasn't originally planned, so I forgot to get the Non-ILS runways made up, so when FSX-ATC control said to land on 26 visual...I said oh crap.  However, I changed to runway 08 so I could make an ILS landing, however it meant landing downwind with winds at 26 knots.  Needless to say, I didn't get the glideslope correctly as I over shot it just just a tad bit, however it was a great landing if I do say so myself.  I think Mr. Smith robbed me because I was past the judgement area, but can't he give me a break?  Hell no.....

New Delta jet announced at press conference.  Leaving the St. John's area.

Cool looking vapor trail.  Just passing over the Gulf of St. Lawrence heading north up to Goose Bay.

Absolutely nothing, but if you can make it out, we are about 100 nm out.  Damn ATC barely over land...Sheez

Lined up good, good speed on 1st picture.  Got speed a tad bit low, but got it back together.  Close to stalling.  Yikes!

Flying Notes:  Landing Score: 75.70  Flight Score: 92.20   (A/P used)

• Poor glideslope on ILS approach - you can do better.
  • Glideslope lost before you touched down - not your best effort.
  • Ballooning during landing - needs practice.

• Airspeed too low - you are risking stalls.

Joe Mini

Post #1894
Posted Sunday, August 24, 2008 11:57:44 AM

FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, February 27, 2009 5:12:56 PM
Joe Mini:

I hope one day to be as accomplished at (both) flying and picture posting, as yourself.

Awesome all the way round.

And I know why "Mr Smith" is such a pain. He is the SAME Mr Smith from "THE MATRIX" !!

Regards
Biggles
"Biggles Airline and Computer Company"
To us; "Crash" is a way of life.
Post #1895
Posted Sunday, August 24, 2008 1:42:55 PM

Well the flying part I've been doing forever...just not very good by Mr. Smith's standards.

Mr. Ole has helped me with the screen postings help.  I'm getting better at them, except I'm trying to find new ways to have different looks.  It gets boring at 35000 feet, so most of the good pictures are close to the airports.  Hope everyone is enjoying the pict's and my sense of humor.  I'm trying to capture landing shots, but there's so much going on, I usually mess up a good approach.

Thanks Biggles.

Joe Mini

Post #1896
Posted Sunday, August 24, 2008 2:07:36 PM

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Biggles

And I know why "Mr Smith" is such a pain. He is the SAME Mr Smith from "THE MATRIX" !!

You could be absolutly right. I always thought I knew the voice from somewhere! Thank God I fly with MsAviatrix...

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #1897
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

«««34567»»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 9:13pm