FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

«««12345»»»

WWT Joe Mini Log and Pictures Part 1: Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Sunday, August 10, 2008 6:35:55 AM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Saturday, September 06, 2008 7:02:33 PM
SquadronLeader (8/10/2008)
Excellent - keep 'em comin' Joe!

That fire truck - an interesting snap shot.

Once I had a ground vehicle in FSX drive itself into the back of my parked 747, thereby ending my flight.

One thing that gets me more pissed than anything with FSX is the ground equipment trucks who think they have the right away.  Last time I checked a moving aircraft has precedence on a pickup truck flying across a runway and taxiway....go figure!

Say - you could make that into a mission - take off without getting rammed by the insane bagage truck driver!

A lot of times my own tug truck runs into me before I even get a chance to back up out of the jetway.

Joe Mini
President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC
"If we get you to your destination in one piece, it's a miracle"

Mission Statement:

We ARE the youngest fleet of pilots in the world!  Our pilots average LESS than 10 hours of total flight experience.  No company in the world can offer this kind of flying security.  Fly with confidence knowing our pilots are there to make your flight one of the most memorable one ever!  Sit back and enjoy the ride.

“If we get you to your destination in one piece, it’s a miracle!” ™

Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC.

Post #1784
Posted Sunday, August 10, 2008 6:57:19 AM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

KORF - KDCA  (August 5th)  Norfolk, VA to Washington, DC 

Does anybody know what happens to a young aspiring pilot who flies into restricted airspace around the Nations Capital in Washington, DC?  Well, I decided to see just for myself what would happen.  Routinely blocking out attempts by the USAF F-16's to immediately get out of airspace, I "blindly" flew past some our historic monuments and military buildings.  Needless to say, when my plane finally came to stop at Ronald Reagan National, I was held at gunpoint from every branch of the National Security.  I was hauled off to jail, and once they realized I was Joe Mini, and had been seen on TV, they backed off and apologized for the inconveniences they may have caused.  However, I'm not to happy about getting violated in DC prisoner holding facility....ouch!   Enjoy the pictures. 

This was kinda funny.  Who's first me or US Airways....well I guess it will be him first.

Leaving Norfolk in my mighty Beech Baron and flying over the Cheasapeake bay area...Lots of water.

Flying over Andrews, AFB home of AirForce1.  At this point, I believe National Security was notified.... RFK Stadium

Approaching the heavily guarded DC area.  Interesting I was getting SAM missle lock warnings.  Wonder Why?

I believe this is where I may have really gone wrong by flying over Pentagon.  Looking back at maybe a wrong choice.  Nah.

Pretty cool shot of Lincoln's Memorial and water....at this point, I'm a little stressed from USAF.  Can't they see I'm trying to land?

Flying notes:  Landing Score 83.25   Flying Score: 110.44
A splendid landing!

Flight included the following problems:

• Nose held too low - we're not in combat.

I believe this was caused by evasive manuevering dodging Surface-to-Air Missles?

Whew....well glad to be leaving, and had a nice chat with the Prez. Bush.  Told him a few things, and we'll see what happens.

Joe Mini

Mission Statement:

We ARE the youngest fleet of pilots in the world!  Our pilots average LESS than 10 hours of total flight experience.  No company in the world can offer this kind of flying security.  Fly with confidence knowing our pilots are there to make your flight one of the most memorable one ever!  Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Post #1785
Posted Sunday, August 10, 2008 7:06:08 AM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

KDCA - KPHL  (August 6th)  Washington, DC to Philadelphia, PA 

Needed some world famous Philly cheese steak sandwiches. 

Thankfully leaving DC....couple screenshots of KDCA airport.  My dad's ole' airlines he worked for until retiring.

Another cool shot leaving KDCA, and look, another sinister labaratory of FSFS?  Nuclear too boot!

Flying notes:  Landing Score 0.00   Flying Score: 131.44
Landing included the following problems:

• Poor glideslope on ILS approach - you can do better.
  • Poor alignment with runway on ILS approach - line up and stay there.
  • Too fast - you had to force the plane to stay down.
  • Nowhere near the centre line - get lined up and keep it that way.
  • Without spoilers armed - arm them before landing.
  • Touch down not aligned with the runway - let's point down the runway.

• Exceeding flap speeds - your flaps may be damaged: have them checked.
  • Poor steering during takeoff - stay in the centre of the runway.
  • Loss of altitude during takeoff - climb smoothly.

All kinds of issues with this flight....and I believe I was still flying under stress from the USAF military.  However, pilots, if you don't let your instructor know you are landing....you get "goose-egged".  Dang it!

Joe Mini

Mission Statement:

Post #1786
Posted Sunday, August 10, 2008 7:12:03 AM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

KPHL - KEWR  (August 6th)  Philadelphia, PA to Newark, NJ

Extremely busy airports in the area.  My poor computer was doing some heavy pounding trying to keep up with the AI traffic and scenery.

Final Approach on 4R, and a couple of big boy Continental 777's.  Love my AI traffic.

Flying notes:  Landing Score 52.00   Flying Score: 135.13

• Too hard - may have damaged your landing gear.
  • Not near the centre line - you can do better.

• Poor attention to taxi speed - dangerous to yourself and others.
  • Excessive speed at low altitude - several complaints have been filed.

Well, once again my passengers are just a bit touchy with "speed" taxiing and low aerial flying.

Joe Mini

Mission Statement:

Post #1787
Posted Sunday, August 10, 2008 7:22:48 AM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

KEWR - KLGA  (August 7th)  Newark, NJ to New York City, NY

Computer was really taking a pounding but got some good picks of NYC.  Enjoy!

Coming in from East, and coming upon Statue of Liberty.  I went over to Staten Island to check some family records.  Yep,
we came over on the boats from Germany and Italy.

Caught a broadway show, a Yankee's game, and even considered taking a cruise...might be more relaxing....Nah!

Flying notes:  Landing Score 52.10   Flying Score: 111.95

• Poor steering after landing - stay on the centre line.

A smooth flight!  Off to Pittsburgh, PA after I visit the Empire State Building.

Joe Mini

Mission Statement:

Post #1788
Posted Sunday, August 10, 2008 7:29:51 AM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

KLGA - KPIT  (August 8th)  LaGuardia to Pittsburgh, PA

No Pictures for this flight....

Flying notes:  Landing Score 59.04   Flying Score: 140.22

• Glideslope lost before you touched down - not your best effort.

• Dangerous taxiing turns - these cause discomfort and stress.

Never really got all my trimmers set up well....and landing score showed....darn.  And I've just about had it with Mrs. Robinson in Seat 4A.  If she complains one more time...she might be not on the next flight.

Joe Mini

Mission Statement:

Post #1789
Posted Sunday, August 10, 2008 7:35:31 AM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

KPIT - KCLE  (August 9th)  Pittsburgh, PA to Cleveland, OH

Went to check out the Rock-n-Roll hall of fame in Cleveland.  Really cool pic's again.

Exactly, how many sinister labs are in the US?  Notice this plant had at least 5?  Approaching Lake Erie from South

Really cool shot of Downtown Cleveland Airport, Skyline, and football stadium.  And if this damn Northwest Airlink would get
out of my way, I can get to my gate.

Flying notes:  Landing Score 55.89   Flying Score: 138.53

• Throttle(s) forward - should be idle.

• Loss of altitude during takeoff - climb smoothly.

Getting good flying scores, but my landings are still off center....gotta work on it!

Joe Mini

Mission Statement:

Post #1790
Posted Sunday, August 10, 2008 7:42:21 AM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

KCLE - KFWA  (August 9th)  Cleveland, OH to Fort Wayne, IN

Short hop...nothing to write up about....

Good looking stud pilot again...and just slightly low and straightening it out. 

Flying notes:  Landing Score 31.54   Flying Score: 90.96

• Too fast - you had to force the plane to stay down.

• Wings not level near ground - danger of clipping a wing.

Not a good flight, and used A/P for altitude hold during cruising....man do you get robbed of points.  And oh yea...no biggie, almost took a wing off.   And what the hell with all the passengers screaming "It's the big one...."  Sheez.

Joe Mini

Mission Statement:

Post #1791
Posted Sunday, August 10, 2008 7:52:17 AM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

KFWA - KORD  (August 9th)  Fort Wayne, IN to Chicago, IL

"My kinda town, as I heard landing."  Went to check out the 1st place Cubbies, did some shopping downtown, and enjoyed Lake Michigan.

Coming in from East and preparing to land on 27L.  A lot of AI traffic so I was working hard to snap pictures and land.

You suppose I get the right away?  Hell yea!  I'm Joe Mini.  Nice looking United 777 and 744.  Love my AI traffic?  Did I
mention that yet?

Flying notes:  Landing Score 119.84   Flying Score: 128.53
A splendid landing!

• Narrowly missed tail strike - watch your pitch: this could have been bad.
  • Nose held too low - we're not in combat.

Dang it...Plane just wanted to leap into air on takeoff, and I wasn't watching and, well, the old plane was on a serious dive for
a second or two?  Sheez...calm down people.  Still, got pretty good numbers for a change.

Captain Joe Mini

Joe Mini

Mission Statement:

Post #1792
Posted Sunday, August 10, 2008 8:08:49 AM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

Chicago - Chicago Sun Times
Frank Dropaload - Beat Writer Sun Times

8/9/2008 - While at a press conference at O'hare International airport, Joe Mini, President, CEO, and Main Flight Dude, announced that Qantas Airlines has donated a B737 to fly on epic journey.  Ian St. Pierre, a spokes person for Qantas told a few spectators, "We have seen Joe's flying skills improve slightly over the first 20 flights, and while at first we was skeptical, we now see he's really trying hard.  Qantas, is glad to donate a refurbished 737-800 series plane that recently was recover from the bottom of the Tasmaian Sea.  Most of water had been removed, but we are not 100% sure about rust and structure damage."  Good luck flying Joe!

KORD - KDTW  (August 9th)  Chicago, IL to Detroit, MI

Extremely poor visabilty.  Rain and Lightening.  Whew, pleased to make it down considering I was flying with no A/P, and I was in clouds for most of Detroit area.  Screaming was at a minimum.  Most people threw themselves on floor at my feet, as I said in the classic Saturday Night Live skit....."Bye-Bye....Ba...bye"

Cool United 777 landing, and looking out Mr. Smith's side of Ohare as we bank east to Detroit and Lake Michigan

Shitty visability, raining, people screaming "Armaggedon", what is wrong with these people?

Flying notes:  Landing Score 50.50   Flying Score: 136.88

• Throttle(s) forward - should be idle.

• Poorly trimmed aircraft - trimmers are there to help: use them.

All considering....I was happy to get this one down.  That's all for this week.

Joe Mini

Mission Statement:

Post #1793
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

«««12345»»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 9:39pm