FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

«««1112131415»»»

WWT Joe Mini Log and Pictures Part 1: Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Monday, September 29, 2008 1:36:15 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:31:09 AM
LGMK to LGSR (September 21)  Mikonos, Greece to Santorini, Greece

Some more low and slow and enjoying the Greek Isles.  Next stop Santorini, Greece.  Just another beautiful stop in the world.  Short flight of only 63 nm so we'll be there in a jiffy.

Takeoff from Mikonos...off to Santorini.   Few hotels at the end of the runway, and heading southwest to Santorini.

Water colors look that way in real life...Flying downwind and making right traffic for another non-ILS landing.

Wonders of Scenery.  Check out the waterfall in front of a runway...hummm?  An Aegean 737 parked...

Landing Score:78.75     Flight Score:104.28

Landing included the following problems:

• Poor glideslope on visual approach - you can do better.
  • Poor alignment with runway on visual approach - line up and stay there.
  • Too hard - may have damaged your landing gear.
  • Distance from runway numbers (visual approach): 62 feet
  • Flight included the following problems:

• Rapid descent - dangerous and uncomfortable.
    • Flaps not down on time - plan your landing next time.

Joe Mini

President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC. 
    "If we get you to your destination in one piece, it's a miracle"  

Post #2405
    Posted Monday, September 29, 2008 1:52:12 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

LGSR to LGIR (September 21)  Santorini, Greece to Irakion, Crete

Flying some more south to the Island of Crete.  You know fans, one of the things I'm amazed about with JoeMini WWT is the ability for a jet to just show up and ready for me to fly.  What do you know, a CRJ-700 waiting for me to fly.  Nice job people!

Aegean airliner seems to be following me?  Taxiing out to 27, but the scenery is just amazing...

Banking south just after takeoff, and we have Irakion in our sites...should be down soon.

Everything is fine, except we have another scenery problem....Yet another creative waterfall....

What the hell?  I really believe this cost me another good landing...I can't explain it...but a big zero for the landing.

Landing Score:0.00      Flight Score:124.78

• Too fast - you had to force the plane to stay down.
    • Distance from runway numbers (visual approach): 1246 feet  (Maybe this was it...but I thought I did better than that?)

Flight included the following problems:

• Late rotation - when Vr is reached - take off.
    • Nose held too low - we're not in combat.
    • Narrowly missed obstacles - plan your safety altitudes.  (Hummm???)

Joe Mini

Post #2406
    Posted Monday, September 29, 2008 2:05:44 PM

LGIR to LMML (September 21)  Irakion, Crete to Luqa, Malta.

Fly west young aviators to the small Island of Malta.  Lot of water and better hope I have enough fuel this time.  Flew past the southern part of Italy, but we'll be hitting that country real soon.

Wonders of addon scenery...got cars running through my plane....but just a great looking take off with mountains in back.

Just leaving tip of Crete, heading west to Malta.  Making right turn on base to final...Gears down.

Lining up nicely...2 whites/2 red....no way I'm screwing this one up...Oh yea Mr. Smith is with me..

View from tower...and once again I'm off but apparently all that smoke off of wheels isn't good....Maintenance to Gate4.

Landing Score:56.00         Flight Score:147.90

Landing included the following problems: (Damn Mr. Smith...It wasn't that bad...)

• Not near the centre line - you can do better.
    • Poor steering after landing - stay on the centre line.

A smooth flight!

Joe Mini

Post #2407
    Posted Monday, September 29, 2008 2:37:42 PM

LMML to LCIP (September 24)  Luqa, Malta to Palermo, Sicaly

Leaving the nice island of Malta, and now heading north to Sicaly to Boccadifalco AFB.  What an interesting flight, and I'm glad I did this one VFR because of the amount of jet jockeying I had to do.  What a cool entrance I made and I believe one of my higher if not highest non-ILS approach with a big jet to date.  Enjoy the pictures...

Some kind of hotel in background?  Nice shot looking back at city of Luqa.

Leaving the Malta Island and off to Sicaly.  Neat approach as I funneled my way through the valley here and out to the Sea.

Then I flew around the mountain bluff on the right...then fly in-between so more mountains....Who picked this one?  LOL.

Flew over the city....and gosh don't go down early now...flying as slow as I can to make this non-ILS landing...

Landing Score:108.09         Flight Score:122.45  (I consider this a victory...)

• Distance from runway numbers (visual approach): 212 feet

Flight included the following problems: (all considering the airport...i'll take it...shut up people!)

• Wings not level near ground - danger of clipping a wing.
    • Narrowly missed tail strike - watch your pitch: this could have been bad.

Joe Mini

Post #2408
    Posted Monday, September 29, 2008 2:49:35 PM

LCIP to LIRN (September 24)  Palermo, Sicaly to Naples, Italy.

Looking forward to this part of the trip as well.  Italy has lots of water, mountains, and hopefully some cool scenery.  First stop in Italy is Naples where I - Joe Minellono - will definitely participate in some Italian cruisine.  First meal, will be a huge bowl of spagetti.

Very short runway...so full rev before brakes released...Hang on people.  Closing in on Naples...flying past some cool land formations.

Not sure if you can tell, but some kind of overhead railway or roads just above plane. Making left approach.

Looking good...little high and just a little overspeed...but we'll see.  Luftansa regional jet...must be getting close to Germany.

Landing Score:117.34       Flight Score:131.59

• Poor glideslope on ILS approach - you can do better.
    • Glideslope lost before you touched down - not your best effort.

Joe Mini

Post #2409
    Posted Monday, September 29, 2008 3:02:42 PM

LIRN to LIRA (September 24)  Naples, Italy to Rome, Italy (Campedichino)

Heading up to some beautiful architecture and check out Rome for a few stops.  Tonight, I will feast on more pasta and wine.  Oh yea and one other thing...I flame FSX ATC control for that wonderful up and down navigation over mountains... (censored)  Can't you just keep me at an altitude that is above it all until we need to drop?  For crying out loud....

Couple new planes...and a shot from the tower.

Leaving Naples and on up for a short flight to Rome.  Here's the start of my up and down venture....

A little snow up in the high country, once again barely flying over some mountains....sheez.

Landing Score:50.00            Flight Score:132.77   (Just a terrible landing by my standards lately)

• No glideslope information was available on visual approach.
    • No runway alignment information was available on visual approach.
    • No glideslope - could not compare flare to glideslope.

• Narrowly missed obstacles - plan your safety altitudes.
    • Poorly trimmed aircraft - trimmers are there to help: use them.

Joe Mini

Post #2410
    Posted Monday, September 29, 2008 3:28:27 PM

LIRA to LIRF (September 26)  Rome, Italy (Campedichino) to Rome, Italy

Wanted to see a little more of Italy, so took the ol' Beech out for a short flight over to Rome, International, but took some nice shots of the city of Rome...Enjoy!  Sat down and prayed with the Popeness.  He said I was a sinner but not to give up and things will all work out.  Pope did say my flying sucks at times, which kinda shocked me a little.  Come on Pope...be nice!

Me or you big boy...that's what I thought...Me.  Closing in on Vatican City and the Popeness.

Flying over the old coliseum and another closeup of Vatican City. 

Flew over a nice Futbol stadium...and closing in on Rome International....

Landing Score:76.95         Flight Score:111.61

A splendid landing!

A smooth flight!

All that and those small scores?  Come on Mr. Smith...cut me some slack...

Joe Mini

Post #2411
    Posted Monday, September 29, 2008 3:38:28 PM

LIRF to LIPE (September 26)  Rome, Italy to Bologna, Italy

My Bologna has a 1st name....it's O-S-C-A-R....my bologna has a 2nd name...it's M-E-Y-E-R....just had to do it.   Nice little flight up the western coast of Italy up into Bologna.  Think I'll have a couple sandwiches.

Hey look...it's another Delta plane.  It just got clearance to Atlanta, Georgia.  Quite a few Cathay Pacific planes in Italy.

Had a great time in Rome...and I'll do as the Romans do....Nice beach, land, and mountains in the distance...

Well I'll be....I'm right of center line...this is a first people!  Bunch of the big boys...British Airways and Air France.

Landing Score:83.95           Flight Score:90.59

Autopilot used.

• Poor glideslope on ILS approach - you can do better.

• Exceeding flap speeds - your flaps may be damaged: have them checked.

Joe Mini

Post #2412
    Posted Monday, September 29, 2008 3:49:36 PM

LIPE to LIML (September 26)  Bologna, Italy to Milan, Italy.

Heading Northwest to Milan to check on my ancestery.  Surely there would be somebody there who would recognize my name, but I'm afraid not.  Must have been on the side of the tree that didn't have a lot of branches....

Decided also that if Ole can post some good scores with the ol Learjet...so can Joe Mini.  Well having never flown the plane, and considering wasn't too familiar with it, I think I'll be giving this plane a go every once in a while to keep Ole on his toes.

Good looking little pocket rocket...

Pictures aren't really doing any justice...nice scenery here.  Gear down and approach is near...

Looking pretty good for 1st time landing the beast....and well back to same ol same ol...left of center.

Landing Score:53.70     Flight Score:116.04  (All in all....you might get some competition soon)

• Too fast - you had to force the plane to stay down.

Definite room for improvement...

• Poorly trimmed aircraft - trimmers are there to help: use them.

Joe Mini

Post #2413
    Posted Monday, September 29, 2008 4:01:04 PM

LIML to LIPZ (September 27)  Milan, Italy to Venice, Italy

Well I was hoping to see something out of the movie the "Italian Job" with my scenery.  Little disappointed, but maybe I just was flying to high or I was in the wrong spot for the city life.  None-the-less, enjoyed my stay in Venice, and took a few boat rides and sang some italian songs to the people who wanted to listen.

TNT freighter...and some serious pitch up with this takeoff...few barf bags deployed.

Nice shot of mountains and lake.  Approaching Venice.

A little high and a little off.   Here's a new plane from Spain - Iberia Airlines.

Landing Score:112.44          Flight Score:128.00

• Not near the centre line - you can do better.  (nothing new there)

Joe Mini

Post #2414
    « Prev Topic | Next Topic »

«««1112131415»»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 9:13pm