FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

12345»»»

FSFlyingSchool World Wide Tour (WWT) Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, July 31, 2008 7:37:55 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Attention all brave FSFS Pilots!

Ole and JoeMini have cooked up a cool way to get some FSFS air miles in...

They're flying around the world (WWT) with FSFS and would love to have you along for the ride.

The 3 pilots with the best average scores achieved during the WWT will win prizes from FSInventions, which have not yet been disclosed!

For details - see the communications on this site or make a post to Ole and JoeMini - it's their project!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #1690
Posted Thursday, July 31, 2008 8:06:27 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:31:09 AM
SquadronLeader (7/31/2008)
Attention all brave FSFS Pilots!

Ole and JoeMini have cooked up a cool way to get some FSFS air miles in...

They're flying around the world (WWT) with FSFS and would love to have you along for the ride.

The 3 pilots with the best average scores achieved during the WWT will win prizes from FSInventions, which have not yet been disclosed!

For details - see the communications on this site or make a post to Ole and JoeMini - it's their project!

And so it begins for this fearless "old geezer" pilot.  Kissing the wife and kids goodbye.  Having the last supper.  Heading out to the hanger tonight in Miami, to check over the planes, kick the tires, check fluid levels.  Making final flight preparations, loading up the planes full of Nacho chips, Salsa, Microwave popcorn (my Baron is equipped with a 1000W microwave), and case of Coke.  That should cover it for the next 8 months? 

Look for awesome coverage of this event historic event in the WWT-Joe_Mini flight reports!

Hope to see more aviators join up!  I'm looking forward to all of this...especially my new buddy Ole!

PS:
By the way, SL, I created a 2nd user account with WWT-Joe_Mini just for this occasion, and I can't seem to make changes to my signature, avatar,  or even respond to postings.  It looks like from "red" error messages that I'm having administrator rights...Is that something for you?

Joe Mini

President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC. 
"If we get you to your destination in one piece, it's a miracle"  

Post #1691
Posted Thursday, July 31, 2008 8:23:48 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Joe:

I will change those user rights - this is something we are working on - but for now I will just go in and set you up.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #1692
Posted Thursday, July 31, 2008 8:54:39 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Thank you very much Squadron Leader. We will all come to you for help, if we need it on our trip. No fuel, lack of fundings to airport fees, great hotels, food, and entertainment; we count on you for it all. Appriciate all your help and support!

Regarding what you wrote to Joe just above, well that goes for WWT-ole_andreasen too, I guess. so please make the same changes for me

Ole

Looking forward till tomorrow....

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #1693
Posted Thursday, July 31, 2008 8:58:11 AM

Last Login: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:31:09 AM
SquadronLeader (7/31/2008)
Joe:

I will change those user rights - this is something we are working on - but for now I will just go in and set you up.

Good deal SL!!! Thanks!

Joe Mini

President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC. 

Post #1694
Posted Thursday, July 31, 2008 4:43:05 PM

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM

The FSFlyingSchool - World Wide Tour!

Final set of rules!

This leisure-tour/competition is first of all made to make use of the FSFlyingSchool instructor/rating system, which will make anyone fly better. To learn and have fun, in other words. Please enter in that spirit. For anyone entering the FSFS - WWT, please make note of the following:

You must:

1)Make a new forum name for yourself. (and to upload scores to FSFS website) The name must be: WWT-yourpreferredname!
(mine is wwt-ole_andreasen) and make a pilotname (any name) in the FSFS pilots tab, to make the logbook be only for the
WWT.

2)See the route we have planned. CLICK HERE You fly the legs in the described order, starting and ending in Miami.

3)If you for some reason think that 122 legs are just too many, then exclude legs of your choice. Your final route must consist of a
minimum of 25 legs, including leg 1 (from Miami), leg 122 (to Miami) and as least two legs from each of the 10 segments we have
made.

4)You fly a plane(s) of your choice. It can be the same plane for the entire tour, or you can switch planes as you like. The plane(s)
MUST be in the FSFS hanger, and cannot be the LevelD Boeing 767, as it has features, not compatible with the competition.

5)You fly anytime of day, you like, any season, real time or not, real weather or not. Be aware that visibility and landing in crosswinds
will affect your score in FSFlyingSchool. You can get extra points if you land in high winds/low visibility.

6)You can use autopilot if you like. Just note that autopilot will reduce your score in FSFlyingSchool, by 33%

7)You can request the entire flight list from worldwidetout@googlemail.com, (The spelling IS correct) or just ask by replying in this forum.
You can also request NON-ILS files kindly provided by Squadron Leader.

8)You must use FSFlyingSchool for all legs, and upload scores from all flights/landings.

9)Every Sunday, (or the Sundays we are available) we upload screenshots, stories about our flights, and logbooks to this forum, so we
can compare and have laughs with each other.

10)Please don’t cheat. One attempt per leg! Submit score no matter what they are. It´s for fun.

11)The FSFlyingSchool – World Wide Tour, starts on august 1. Pilots engaging in the entire list of legs, must have reached Heathrow,
London on October 1., Kathmandu-Nepal on December 1., Edmonton, Canada on February 1., and end the tour by landing in Miami
again, no later that April 1. 2009. For pilots making a smaller amount of flights, they must reach 25%, 50%, and 75% of their flights,
no later than the above scheduled dates, and end no later than April 1. 2009

12)On April 1. 2009 the average “Flight” and “Landing” scores from each pilot will be put together and divided by two. The highest
average combined score wins.

13)Prizes will be awarded by FSInventions to the first 3 pilots completing at least the minimum number of legs with the best average
scores. Prize to be determined by FSInventions

14)If there is any doubts about anything, we talk about it, and if a settlement cannot be reached, this was originally my idea,
so I (wwt-ole_andreasen) will eventually make the final decision!

I think that is it. Let’s fly and get some scores in FSFlyingSchool!

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #1695
Posted Thursday, July 31, 2008 4:55:09 PM

FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Sunday, August 09, 2009 3:42:51 AM
Okay. I hereby state myself ready for combat. Let the wild rumpus begin!

Regards

Ole Andreasen

Chief Pilot/Chairman of the board/Sole owner of  

Zero-viZ - Perfect mix of Metalfatique and free coffee!

Post #1696
Posted Friday, August 01, 2008 5:01:17 AM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Last Login: Saturday, September 06, 2008 7:02:33 PM
Best of Luck Ole!  I've been looking forward to this for some time now.  The planning is done.  All that's left to do is some flying now.  And fly.... And fly.

P.S.  Your signature banner is great!

Joe Mini
President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC

Mission Statement:

We ARE the youngest fleet of pilots in the world!  Our pilots average LESS than 10 hours of total flight experience.  No company in the world can offer this kind of flying security.  Fly with confidence knowing our pilots are there to make your flight one of the most memorable one ever!  Sit back and enjoy the ride.

“If we get you to your destination in one piece, it’s a miracle!” ™

Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC.

Post #1697
Posted Friday, August 01, 2008 2:24:44 PM

FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Well Thank you Joe. I kind of like yours as well, but I am having a tough time reading the stuff. Had to save the picture and then enlarge it to read it.

But for the important message of the day: We are away!

I sat at home very early this morning, and listened to the radio. They played Supertramp - Breakfast in America. They sang: "Take a Jumbo ´cross the water, like to see America" I thought about this trip starting today, and not 15 minutes later they played Electric Light Orchestra - Calling America, and there they sang "Cross the water on a seven-forty-seven"

I took it as a sign! I mean... Here am I, in Skælskør, Denmark, and I am about to fly round the world, starting in Miami. How could I do that? I had to get to Miami. So I made a decision. I embarked on this historical journey, by driving my virtuel car to Kastrup, and booked a ticket on a MSFS Boeing 747. I got seat 52C (nice window seat) and took off for Miami. I sweettalked my way out in the cockpit, despite all the safety regulations these days. I was able to take a few pictures of the flight, and I even got a friend in the RAF, who was flying over the atlantic ocean anyway, to take tome shots of the outside of the plane.

Started from Kastrup, and turning north, then west. The                     UK down below, so soon? - oh yes, it´s a 747

Water ahead - for 1000´s of miles                                                    Newfoundland, to the right, getting closer...

My plane seen from the outside. I love the 747!                                 Cloudy and quite windy.

Contact with Miami ATC                                                                   The Bahamas below me!

American soil ahead. A long flight almost over.                                  After going around, approaching runway 9

A little to the left of the centerline, but still. 4.300 NM is over.              Touchdown!to Miami. My prologue is at an end.

In Miami I went to my hangerspace to find my old KingAir 350, only to find that the FAA had gounded it, due to severe Metalfatigue.Luckily I have a good friend who made me a great deal on an ageing LearJet 45. So this is what I will be flying all the way instead of the ´350.

Post #1698
Posted Friday, August 01, 2008 6:39:11 PM

FSFlyingSchool Pilot

LEG 1: Goodbye Miami.

I filled the Learjet up with fuel, Coca-Cola and a pepperoni pizza. Then filed a flightplan to Armstrong New Orleans. Weather was great. The Learjet did not at all feel like my old ´350, but come on man, gotta move on.

We (Ms.A and I) got set, and took off. Wohoou, it kicks some, compared to KingAir 350. Hammered up to rotationspeed, and went in the air.

I realized then, that I probably should have testflown the ´45 some. You just don´t go from prop, to jet, and think you will get to where you wanna go, just faster. Oh yes you do, but it´s a little harder to control too. Ms.Aviatrix (for it is she who kindly accepted to join me all around the world - Mr.Smith said that he was busy flying with Joe) was not happy. She told me off, ever so cooly and smilingly, but I saw her knuckels turn white, grabbing on to the instrument panel. But when things leveled out up there, and I got some hang of the ´45, she was very cheerful again, and even accepted a Coca-Cola from my portable fridge.

Not the best start, pointwise, but rules say, one attempt per leg, so I sumbitted my scores. (unfortunatly I made a mistake uploading, due to the fact that I use two browsers, and the keep messing each other up.This time it was Firefox who was set as standardbrowser, and here Iuseautologin to FSFlyinsSchools forum, under the name oleandreasen, so my scores got sumbitted onder oleandreasen, and not WWT-ole_andreasen.That´ll teach me!)

After landing in New Orleans, I taxied to the gate, and now I wanna go listen to some Jazz!

Screens:

All lined up for takeoff in Miami. (isn´t my Learjet nice?)                    My friend took a pic from the tower.

Up to 22.000 feet in no time. It´s a fast machine.                              Weather still nice.

But approaching New Orleans, clouds began to build.                          Had to go down to 11.000 feet before I could see anything.

Airport in sight.                                                                               And then, just before landing, the rain started to pour down on me.

Okay. No more for today. Now Jazz, and sleep.

- And I never even got time to eat the pizza! Sleep tight Ms. A!

Some stats from FSFlyingSchool, about my (first) flight: Keywords: Definite room for improvement...

Landing Score:33,29 (Pathetic)

Landing was successful in the following areas:

• Good alignment with runway on ILS approach.
  • Gentle touchdown.
  • Good landing speed - not too fast.
  • Wings were level.
  • Glideslope held until flare.
  • Good pitch control after touchdown.
  • Good pitch at landing.
  • With flaps - good job.
  • With spoilers armed.
  • Heading aligned with runway.
  • Throttle(s) idle.
  • Good steering after landing.

Landing included the following problems:

• Poor glideslope on ILS approach - you can do better.
  • Not near the centre line - you can do better.
  • Ballooning during landing - needs practice.

Definite room for improvement...

Flight Score:102,03

Flight commended in the following areas:

• Smooth turns.
  • Nice banking.
  • Gear deployment at safe speed.
  • Flown within aircraft's maximum speed limit.
  • Gentle taxi turns.
  • Good take off steering.
  • Rotation was not late.
  • Appropriate position of flaps during taxi.
  • Safe taxi speed.
  • Smooth braking during taxi.
  • Smooth climb during takeoff.
  • Well coordinated turns.
  • No stalls.
  • No flying dangerously close to stall speed.
  • Flaps down on time.
  • Approach speed not too fast.
  • Low altitude speeds not too fast.
  • Good clearance of obstacles.

Flight included the following problems:

• Exceeding flap speeds - your flaps may be damaged: have them checked.
  • Sickening G forces - your passengers feel rather unwell.
  • Rough pitch control - that flight felt like a rollercoaster.
  • Wings not level near ground - danger of clipping a wing.
  • Rapid descent - dangerous and uncomfortable.
  • Nose held too high - spilt drinks and worried expressions.
  • Nose held too low - we're not in combat.

Post #1699
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12345»»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 7:31pm