WWT Joe Mini Log and Pictures Part 1:

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

WWT Joe Mini Log and Pictures Part 1: Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Wednesday, October 08, 2008 4:37:33 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:31:09 AM
EDDF to EDDB (October 5th)  Frankfort, Germany to Berlin, Germany

Well fans, I found an airport that literally brings my computer to it's knees.  I ran out of memory 3 time prior to making it off the ground, so this was extremely frustrating departure.  Get me out of this city. Sorry for no pictures but here's the results.

Landing Score:125.90

Landing included the following problems:

• Throttle(s) forward - should be idle.

Flight Score:131.15

Flight included the following problems:

• Exceeding flap speeds - your flaps may be damaged: have them checked.
  • Airspeed too low - you are risking stalls.
  • Poorly trimmed aircraft - trimmers are there to help: use them.

Joe Mini

President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC. 
"If we get you to your destination in one piece, it's a miracle"  

Post #2563
Posted Wednesday, October 08, 2008 6:43:57 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

EDDB to EKCH (October 5th)  Berlin, Germany to Copehagen, Denmark

I finally made it out of Germany and headed to my new buddies country of Denmark.  Head is spinning from all the malt, hops, and barley consumed.  Perhaps I can spend the night at Ole's house and figure out how to beat Mr. Smith.

Flying over the northern part of Germany and over the Baltic Sea.  FSX ATC had me fly way north and back down south.

Coming in over some land, then some more over the sea, and finally down at Kastrup.  Better not come up short.  All the lights look good!

Check out all the wind generators of the right side of plane.  A wind powered city.  Hello Denmark!  Glad to finally meet up with you Ole!  Virtually that is.

Landing Score:120.65  (Damn another landing gear...I'm definitely going to work on this for part II.

• Poor glideslope on ILS approach - you can do better.
  • Too hard - may have damaged your landing gear.

Flight Score:136.38

Joe Mini

Post #2564
Posted Wednesday, October 08, 2008 7:01:40 PM

EKCH to EHAM (October 7th)  Copehagen, Denmark to Amsterdam, Netherlands

Tough leaving a good friend, all good things must come to an end.  Said our goodbyes, but I'll still be flying along side Ole as we plow on to London.  My computer is really starting to act up on me, and I actually ran out of computer memory again.  4G and I'm still running out!  Normally that would mean my computer would just lock up, but this one was wierd.  I got a error message box saying I've ran out of memory, but I still managed to get the plane down.  Must have been divine intervention or it was the cussing I was doing?

Loading up, and wait a minute you blasted British plane, I've got the right away.  See ya Denmark!  Had a nice time visiting.

Cool pic looking back and check out the suspension bridges on the next two pictures...Cool!

Last of Denmark, flew over a little Germany and on down into the Netherlands.

Approaching Schipohl and then my computer ran out of gas, as you can tell by the grey plane.  I've got to figure out what's going on with this....Pizzing me off!

Landing Score:142.40  (Have to check records, but this may be my highest point total so far)

Landing included the following problems: (Even with errors, I can still score!)

Flight Score:136.43 (This might be first flight that I had a higher landing score than flight score...wow go figure!

Joe Mini

Post #2565
Posted Wednesday, October 08, 2008 7:14:25 PM

EHAM to EBBR (October 7th)  Amsterdam, Netherlands to Brussels, Belgium

Really short flight.  Gonna try to nail another landing, and get my confidence brewing.

Sure would like to learn how to land one of those big Beasts!  Mayben in Part II?  Glad we can fit under the 747, cause my tug was a little drunk.

Ok...the wonderful FSX ATC decided I must needed to be de-iced in the fall, or maybe they wanted to practice on me.  Cool pic's of airport and downtown Amsterdam.

Flying under some nasty clouds, and check out the centerline action.  No way you can gig me this time Mr. Smith.

Landing Score:124.75  (Ah come on dude!  You're killing me...#$!$%!$!)  I swear he hates me!

A splendid landing!

Flight Score:130.02  (Now I just think you are picking on me? What did I say to piss you off?)

• Narrowly missed obstacles - plan your safety altitudes.

Joe Mini

Post #2566
Posted Wednesday, October 08, 2008 7:32:20 PM

EBBR to EGLL (October 8th)  Brussels, Belgium to London, England

JoeMini, President of WWT, LLC steps up to the make shift podium in Brussels National airport.  Clears throat, and as usual, rips wind so bad that smoke and gas detectors set off alarms.  "Thank you all for coming for my last leg of Part I FSFS WWT tour.  This will be leg #90, and incredible accomplishment.  I am pleased to announce that the Queen of England will be flying on our flight this afternoon.  We have assured the country, that our pilots now have 89 flights, and we are fully prepared to bring the old lady back to England in one piece.  Thank you."

A really cool paint job on the Thomas Cook airliner...too bad my picture sucks!  Leaving Belgium and there's good ol England!

Actually flew over Gatwick, and headed back east for Heathrow.  Can't tell but that some fancy building on left, and ready to land.  Keep your shirt on Queen.  Buckle up!  I made it finally.  I'm going to take a much needed break before heading off to Part II. 

Landing Score:127.35  (No breaks for having the Queen on my flight?)

Flight Score:129.58

• Exceeding flap speeds - your flaps may be damaged: have them checked.

Joe Mini

Post #2567
Posted Wednesday, October 08, 2008 11:52:51 PM

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Joe:

It´s fantastic. Congratulations on hitting the English Capitol. 92 flights as far as I can tell. You´re simply amazing. And I can see that you are getting a little too comfortable up there, for my good that is, according to the incredible scores you have to show. I´m sure that the Queen was very satisfied with your performance.

And the screens. Gosh I look forward to having a new computer, so I can post equally great pictures. You do great in all departments. Well done Dude.

I am planning a lawsuit against you though. Might be tomorrow or this afternoon even, as I find the competition waaaay to heavy. I plan to ask the judge, to have you fly the Ultralight trike, for the reminder of the FSFlyingSchool World Wide Tour, so that I have a chance. You will be called in. You stay at the Astoria, yes?

And after the first quarter of the WWT I must put a big thank you to FSFlyingSchool, making all this possible. The program never cease to amaze me. Have done more for my flying over the last 6 months, than the last 5-6 years of random, and aimlessly flying around mostly from Kastrup to Roskilde and back, as anything longer, seemed too long. FSFlyingscool have changed all that, and really put perspective in my flying, and opped my skills.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #2568
Posted Thursday, October 09, 2008 5:56:06 AM

Ole,

oleandreasen (10/8/2008)
Joe:

It´s fantastic. Congratulations on hitting the English Capitol. 92 flights as far as I can tell. You´re simply amazing. And I can see that you are getting a little too comfortable up there, for my good that is, according to the incredible scores you have to show. I´m sure that the Queen was very satisfied with your performance.

Thanks Dude!  Still having a blast!

And the screens. Gosh I look forward to having a new computer, so I can post equally great pictures. You do great in all departments. Well done Dude.

Yea, I've got to find something better than MS Paint to do my pictures.  My pictures do absolutely no justice to the one's I'm looking at home. 

I am planning a lawsuit against you though. Might be tomorrow or this afternoon even, as I find the competition waaaay to heavy. I plan to ask the judge, to have you fly the Ultralight trike, for the reminder of the FSFlyingSchool World Wide Tour, so that I have a chance. You will be called in. You stay at the Astoria, yes?

Lawsuit, why?  Step up to the plate and maybe fly a bigger plane?  Come on, give it a try!

And after the first quarter of the WWT I must put a big thank you to FSFlyingSchool, making all this possible. The program never cease to amaze me. Have done more for my flying over the last 6 months, than the last 5-6 years of random, and aimlessly flying around mostly from Kastrup to Roskilde and back, as anything longer, seemed too long. FSFlyingscool have changed all that, and really put perspective in my flying, and opped my skills.

Absolutely couldn't agree more!    My exact feelings.  Much more thought into my flying than I ever did before.  Just wait until Part II starts up!  I'm ready.  Thinking about incorporating the B747 into the mix as well. 

Joe Mini

Post #2571
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 6:55am