Features I'd like to see added to FSFS2009
Poll ResultsVotes
Support for WideFS

1.95%
Support for helicopters

6.17%
Support for gliders

2.92%
Support for multiple sound cards (Added in FSFlyingSchool 2009)

1.62%
Instructors are too demanding - make it easier

1.3%
Instructors are too relaxed - make it harder

2.27%
Instructor watches and comments on other traffic

8.44%
More event driven (not random) talk from instructor even when nothing is going wrong

9.74%
More spoken helpful hints from instructors

9.74%
Option for instructors to tell you what failed when something fails

8.77%
Even if you crash - perform analysis of flight and of crash (Added in FSFlyingSchool 2009)

7.47%
Option to automatically submit scores to web site

2.92%
Optional monitoring of propeller pitch

8.44%
Optional monitoring of fuel management

9.09%
More types of airmanship tests

8.77%
More instructors

4.55%
Non-English speaking instructors - tell us what language you'd like to hear

3.25%
Other - please write a forum post or email us - info@FSFlyingSchool.com

2.6%
Member Votes: 66, Anonymous Votes: 0. You don't have permission to vote within this poll.
Author
Posted Wednesday, November 18, 2009 1:52:11 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 4:09:25 AM
These are some great ideas folks and a very well explained and much appreciated!

We are beavering away right now on some very exciting features and will look at working in some of those being mentioned here - there are some real gems!

Many thanks.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #5856
Posted Wednesday, November 18, 2009 2:20:12 PM
FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:11:34 AM
S/L,

Tread with caution; talk like that is only going to encourage me.    You're about >< this close to reading my thoughts on how only one additional optional parameter in the nonILS filenames could allow instructors to deduce that a pilot landed in a displaced threshold.

And we all know how much Smitty likes handing out zeros....

-----
FS2 v3.0 w/172 Detail - FSX SP2 - CH yoke & pedals - GoFlight / Saitek / MPanel - TrackIR 3 w/VE
i7-920 airclocked to 166, Vista 64 Prem, GTX 260, 9GB 1300 DRAM, 1TB OS / 200GB s/s FSX drive

"Geronimo"

Post #5874
Posted Thursday, November 19, 2009 3:15:59 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 4:09:25 AM
Hi -

I am not sure if I know what you mean but - here are some thoughts...

The problem is that there are loads of runways in FS that have data in FS which says where the runway actually begins (as opposed to where the physical landing strip begins) BUT they have no graphical representation of this fact at all on the runway as it appears in FS.

If we shift the landing point to the "start" of the runway as indicated by FS data, the pilot will often find himself being required to land on a spot that has no visual cue at all.

It is a puzzle... 

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #5887
Posted Thursday, November 19, 2009 11:16:46 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

S/L,

That bit of info is discouraging.  Still, puzzles can be great fun to solve....

So am I correct that for a visual approach if a nonILS file is not generated for a given runway, that pilots are expected to aim for the "end of the runway" which may - or may not - be graphically represented properly?

Or in that case do you apply some "wiggle room" to account for that....

-----
FS2 v3.0 w/172 Detail - FSX SP2 - CH yoke & pedals - GoFlight / Saitek / MPanel - TrackIR 3 w/VE
i7-920 airclocked to 166, Vista 64 Prem, GTX 260, 9GB 1300 DRAM, 1TB OS / 200GB s/s FSX drive

"Geronimo"

Post #5899
Posted Thursday, November 19, 2009 1:02:01 PM

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Fenric (11/19/2009)
S/L,

That bit of info is discouraging. Still, puzzles can be great fun to solve....

So am I correct that for a visual approach if a nonILS file is not generated for a given runway, that pilots are expected to aim for the "end of the runway" which may - or may not - be graphically represented properly?

Fenric.

The system is that you land at the very start of the visual piece of runway/startup strip, anything that shows the start of the runway visually. THIS is your landing point, if you dont have your own rwy file made. Its a drag sometimes to land on that point, but what I suggest is, (if you are to fly from A to B), that you always go to the destination airport and look at the rwys. IF they look fine, then you can be lazy and use the start of the rwy, but if you are in any doubt where the start is, or if you have a tree, or a house in front, then just make a rwy file that you can reach, flying over those obstacles.

Its simple and it works. And no darn talk about turning off collisions!!!!! Never!

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #5906
Posted Thursday, November 19, 2009 1:58:39 PM

oleandreasen (11/19/2009)
Fenric (11/19/2009)
S/L,

That bit of info is discouraging. Still, puzzles can be great fun to solve....

Fenric.

The system is that you land at the very start of the visual piece of runway/startup strip, anything that shows the start of the runway visually. THIS is your landing point, if you dont have your own rwy file made. Its a drag sometimes to land on that point, but what I suggest is, (if you are to fly from A to B), that you always go to the destination airport and look at the rwys. IF they look fine, then you can be lazy and use the start of the rwy, but if you are in any doubt where the start is, or if you have a tree, or a house in front, then just make a rwy file that you can reach, flying over those obstacles.

Its simple and it works. And no darn talk about turning off collisions!!!!! Never!

Rge, Ole.  That's how I used to fly - aim for the end of the runway.  Then I got caught at Hamilton Island 14 which has an apron extension - http://www.fsflyingschool.com/forum/Topic5788-8-1.aspx.  No more.

Since then, I've been a nonILS-file convert with my own humble checklist - http://www.fsflyingschool.com/forum/Topic5758-8-2.aspx#bm5821.  As you can tell, my "still fresh" annoyances eagerness now has me brimming with lots of ideas.

Just wait till I ask how does Smitty, et al, handle water landings.

Collisions? Bring em on.

-----

"Geronimo"

Post #5909
Posted Thursday, November 19, 2009 2:03:12 PM

Fenric (11/19/2009)
[quote]oleandreasen (11/19/2009)
[quote]Fenric (11/19/2009)
S/L,

Well Fenric. Smith does handle water landings, just fine. You can land on a water runway if you have the aircraft to land on water, and get evaluated just as on a land-based runways. Smith and his friends are COOL!

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #5910
Posted Sunday, November 22, 2009 9:16:09 AM

Last Login: Monday, January 17, 2011 6:45:44 AM
Fenric (11/19/2009)
S/L,

Well Fenric. Smith does handle water landings, just fine. You can land on a water runway if you have the aircraft to land on water, and get evaluated just as on a land-based runways. Smith and his friends are COOL!

Eerrr, how do you keep the seagull from flying off when you have so carefully chosen your landing spot?

Biggles 

Post #5958
Posted Sunday, November 22, 2009 11:11:45 AM

Bruce E (11/22/2009)
Fenric (11/19/2009)
S/L,

Eerrr, how do you keep the seagull from flying off when you have so carefully chosen your landing spot?

Biggles

When you make your water rwy file, you just poison the gull, then tie a string to its leg, with a heavy object in the end. That´ll teach the darn bird.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #5961
Posted Monday, November 23, 2009 3:21:16 PM

Oh, I need a water runway!  I tried a random landing in a river mid-fight once and Smitty was none to happy about that.  I'd assumed he wasn't a water person....

Now I've got to go and think up other new features, dagnabbit....

-----

"Geronimo"

Post #5973
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

«««23456»»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 12:17pm