Features I'd like to see added to FSFS2009
Poll ResultsVotes
Support for WideFS

1.95%
Support for helicopters

6.17%
Support for gliders

2.92%
Support for multiple sound cards (Added in FSFlyingSchool 2009)

1.62%
Instructors are too demanding - make it easier

1.3%
Instructors are too relaxed - make it harder

2.27%
Instructor watches and comments on other traffic

8.44%
More event driven (not random) talk from instructor even when nothing is going wrong

9.74%
More spoken helpful hints from instructors

9.74%
Option for instructors to tell you what failed when something fails

8.77%
Even if you crash - perform analysis of flight and of crash (Added in FSFlyingSchool 2009)

7.47%
Option to automatically submit scores to web site

2.92%
Optional monitoring of propeller pitch

8.44%
Optional monitoring of fuel management

9.09%
More types of airmanship tests

8.77%
More instructors

4.55%
Non-English speaking instructors - tell us what language you'd like to hear

3.25%
Other - please write a forum post or email us - info@FSFlyingSchool.com

2.6%
Member Votes: 66, Anonymous Votes: 0. You don't have permission to vote within this poll.
Author

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 4:09:25 AM
Please vote in our poll if you have not yet done so. This is a great, clear way to let us know what you want to see in FSFS2009!

We do act on your input - the last 2 free updates to FSFS2009 have contained several items from the poll:

Crash data and data on flight so far
Support of Multiple Sound Cards
Option for Instructor to Report Failures

We listen and we act on your suggestions.

Please keep 'em comin'!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #4068
Posted Thursday, August 27, 2009 3:14:19 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, January 17, 2011 6:45:44 AM
. ''Option to automatically submit scores to web site. 

Good idea as sometimes I forget in my haste to see how well/badly I've scored

Biggles

Post #4849
Posted Thursday, August 27, 2009 3:24:51 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Last Login: Monday, January 17, 2011 6:45:44 AM
rhalko (1/9/2009)
How about monitoring of correct ATC communications and responses.

This would be interesting. When creating r/w files your chosen r/w to land on would have to overide that chosen by FSX. Thinking of larger fields with parallel r/w's & or chosenn r/w direction in calm conditions ie you could opt for rw27 with your rw file & FSX has chosen rw09

Optional monitoring of propeller pitch -- good idea. Not sure about the "optional" bit -- just do it.  Would increase profesionalism of fsfs

Biggles

Post #4850
Posted Monday, October 12, 2009 12:47:19 AM

Last Login: Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:11:34 AM
In my first "Gee I'd like to learn to fly" flight many years ago, the instructor let me take off from KSQL and fly over the Golden Gate bridge.  The two things he drummed into me that afternoon were: 1) keep my hand on the throttle knob during altitude changes.  2) keep my eyes moving; always scan for traffic.

Would it be possible for FSFS instructors to also remind us when we haven't looked left and right - and maybe towards our six - often enough?

Bonus points if the instructors could be ai traffic aware, and so could point out situations such as "do you see that aircraft at 10 o'clock high?"

Thx.

-----
FS2 v3.0 w/172 Detail - FSX SP2 - CH yoke & pedals - GoFlight / Saitek / MPanel - TrackIR 3 w/VE
i7-920 airclocked to 166, Vista 64 Prem, GTX 260, 9GB 1300 DRAM, 1TB OS / 200GB s/s FSX drive

"Geronimo"

Post #5274
Posted Tuesday, October 13, 2009 1:40:36 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Fenric:

Thanks for your input. We've are looking at the possibility of the instructor monitoring whether the pilot is looking left and right etc (changing the FS pilot view direction) in order to comment on the pilot's awareness of his/her airspace, but have not implemented this yet. We will keep everyone posted.

We are also looking at making the instructor aware of other traffic and have conducted some interesting tests in this area. It could certainly bring a lot of extra atmosphere to the simulation.

Thanks for the ideas - keep 'em comin'!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #5285
Posted Tuesday, October 13, 2009 6:14:03 PM

S/l,

Not that FSFS should turn into a chatty checklist, but maybe a note (and a demerit) if the baro isn't set properly just after takeoff and within a minute or two after entering landing mode.

One bit of dirty pool that another instructor liked to play on me was to force me to retune the comms - once as I was finishing up S-turns and preparing to return to our controlled airport, he de-tuned COM1 and asked, "What was the tower frequency again?"  I had it on my legboard, so no problem.  A few lessons later - on a busy day for ATC - as I was getting landing clearance, he reached over and de-tuned again.  "Are you sure that was the right controller?" he chuckled.

By the time I tuned back in, the controller was busting my chops for wasting everyone's time.   It turned out later that it was all a set-up to see how I'd react.  I had been properly deferent to the Lord of the Local Airlanes, so I passed that mini-test.

-----
FS2 v3.0 w/172 Detail - FSX SP2 - CH yoke & pedals - GoFlight / Saitek / MPanel - TrackIR 3 w/VE
i7-920 airclocked to 166, Vista 64 Prem, GTX 260, 9GB 1300 DRAM, 1TB OS / 200GB s/s FSX drive

"Geronimo"

Post #5301
Posted Wednesday, October 14, 2009 1:46:37 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Fenric:

I take your point about the altimeter. We have had a problem with that in FSFS as the data we receive from FS gets hijacked by some of the add-on weather products. This results in FSFS constantly telling the pilot to reset the altimeter to the correct setting, when it is already correct.

We had it working fine with no add-on weather, or most add-on weather, but some of the popular add-on weather products caused the problem and so we had to drop the instructor's monitoring of the setting of the altimeter.

I guess we could still have a "Check your altimeter..." phrase fire off at a few appropriate times, but this is a delicate design decision to make. Some folks will say "Why does he always ask me to check it - it's already correct!" , and we'll have to reply "Because it's part of the checklist!" or "Because it makes good pilots!"

As to retuning your radios - this is interesting as it gets into an area in which we have not deployed a lot of features to date (although we are testing some...   )

The area being... the simulation of the kind of things that an instructor does to test/train the pilot, such as simulated engine failures or simulated equipment failures or just playing games (as it were) with the pilot to test their knowledge and awareness of their situation.

This sort of thing could be an optional checkbox in FSFS which if the user turns on means that the instructor will be doing all kinds of devious things to keep the pilot on his/her toes.

Of course - in a way - this is already simulated to an extent by the aircraft failures which can occur in FSFS , but of course they cause, for example, 'real' engine fires as opposed to an instructor who is saying "Let's imagine that the engine is on fire..."

I still like the idea of the radios needing to be re-tuned. We could incorporate that into failures. Now some folks will say "A radio doesn't 'fail' that way...", but I would explain that what we are simulating is that the radio, for whatever reason, "was not tuned correctly" and that is what we are simulating. 

Hmmmm - we could do this will all kinds of other things...

Thanks again for the ideas! More of 'em please!

Post #5311
Posted Thursday, October 15, 2009 3:27:38 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Last Login: Thursday, December 23, 2010 11:16:00 AM
Hi again

I've filled in the questionnaire, but as I get more familiar with FSFS, some points that I'd like:

1. When you enter your registration number, a box should come up to say "Registration accepted" or something like that.  The numbers just go grey, which probably denotes acceptance, but when you're installing for the first time and are not used to the program, this would help.

2. I would definitely like some more background humor.  It makes it so much more realistic.

3. If you've deselected the automatic cruise/landikng detection, it would be nice if, say after rotation, the instructor mentions that you should remember to tell him when you're in cruise mode.  I often forget to shift to cruise mode, and only realize this when the instructor starts criticizing my take-off or saying that I shouldn't be descending.

I'll add any more points as they occur to me.

Thanks again for this super product.

Stan

Post #5346
Posted Saturday, November 14, 2009 4:00:29 PM

Hi again, 2 voice file requests....

First, when the visual approach is not 3 degrees, could the instructor call out the expected angle?  Perhaps something on the order of "I'm expecting a 3.5 degree glide path on approach."

Then for nonILS-file approaches, could we have a voice file similar to GlideslopeNotAlive but which would indicate that the instructor is expecting a "custom visual approach"?  (Custom how would require an additional nonILS parameter, but just noting a custom approach is active would be a reminder that we're not aiming for the end of the runway.)

--Fenric

-----

"Geronimo"

Post #5803
Posted Tuesday, November 17, 2009 10:09:06 PM

1. While in takeoff mode, could the instructor call out when we've passed 1000ft AGL - which is the level I assume that's safe to move into cruise mode?

2. While performing a visual landing could the instructor indicate when we're on the glide path... in addition to the AboveGlideslope and BelowGlideslope call outs?  I'm thinking of something like GlideslopeCapture, but the term "Capture" feels as if it's ILS dependant.

3. Could the data in the "Name" field of a nonILS file be displayed in the "Display Data" area - the transparent green / red text.  Combined with one of my last suggestions, this would go a long way towards reminding a pilot what visual cue the landing point is set to - AIMING_POINT, TOUCHDOWN_ZONE, DESIGNATOR or even SKIDMARKS.

-----

"Geronimo"

Post #5851
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

«««12345»»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 10:52am