JoeMini's WWT Part IV - North America, Mexico, Central America, South America, and Carribean

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

«««12345»»

JoeMini's WWT Part IV - North America,... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, March 28, 2009 8:45:56 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:31:09 AM
SBGL to SBBR (March 21st, 2009)  Brasilia, Brazil to Terasina, Brazil

Early morning flight to the northern city of Terasina.  Looks like a great morning to fly.

Sun coming up. Neat looking picture of Brasilia and the river.

Smooth skies in the morning.

Check out these buildings to go over.  Let's see.  Why don't we put a building right here...Sheez.

Landing Score:23.64           Flight Score:142.93

Landing was successful in the following areas:

• Distance from touchdown target (visual approach): 431 feet   (Come on Smitty...cut me some slack after going over the building.....sheeez)

Joe Mini

President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC. 
"If we get you to your destination in one piece, it's a miracle"  

Post #3618
Posted Saturday, March 28, 2009 10:12:09 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

SBBR to SOCA (March 21st, 2009)  Terasina, Brazil to Cayenne, French Guianna

Well I'm drawing closer to the end of my tour.  I have about 2 weeks to finish, and I have planned a huge number of extra flights, but I think at this point I've just got to finish before the mandatory deadline of April 1st.  So I'm going to skip a bunch of stops and do nothing but the mandatories as time permints. 

Hey look, an old 727 jet...one of my favorites growing up.  A small "Puma" commuter airliner.

Final is laced with huge amount of trees....

I think I just flew threw that last tree....Wonder if Smitty caught it.   Crap wind is getting me...off again.

Landing Score:102.95          Flight Score:147.26

Joe Mini

Post #3620
Posted Saturday, March 28, 2009 10:25:00 AM

SOCA to SVMI (March 22nd, 2009)  Cayenne, French Guianna to Caracas, Venezuela

I hear the snorkling is awesome up in the Venezuela area.  Just rented me some equipment and hope to see the world underwater.  Off to Caracas.

Revin' up and takeoff....banking left and heading west to Caracas.

Check out all the rivers....and marshlands.  Closing in on the coast of Venezuela.

Flying down the coastline....there's the airport off the left wing.

Flying over the city limits and buildings....dang it...floating down the runway again....

Landing Score:53.25           Flight Score:156.18

Joe Mini

Post #3621
Posted Saturday, March 28, 2009 10:33:16 AM

SVMI to SVMG (March 22nd, 2009)  Caracas, Venezuela to Isle de Margarita

What a name of an island.  Wonder what I'll be hoisting?  Oh yea...Margarita's and heavily! 

Wow...what a surprise this is.  Air Jamaica is donating a 737 customized with a complete party room.  We be jammon' .... ya mon!

Old paint scheme, but wild colors.  If you notice in the right seat...Smitty is now sporting dread locks.  Why Smitty...what's that funny smell up here?

Pulling back on the yoke hard....cool shot.  Made a great landing...but I don't get it...guess to far down the runway.

Landing Score:0.00                Flight Score:144.62

• Distance from touchdown target (visual approach): 511 feet

Joe Mini

Post #3622
Posted Saturday, March 28, 2009 11:04:21 AM

SVMG to TTPP (March 22nd, 2009)  Isle de Margarita to Port of Spain, Trinidad

Oh man do I have a hangover.  I'm not feeling all that great after that party.  But I've got to press on and make it to Miami soon.  All these resort islands in the carribean is getting my juices going again about when this thing is over, taking a cruise again. 

Oh....don't pull back that hard...I...I...don't feel good....Where's the barf bag?  Too late...sorry about getting chunkage in your dreds Mr. Smith.

Crap...off again...what is wrong with me?  Welcome to Trinidad.

Landing Score:118.70             Flight Score:136.64

Joe Mini

Post #3623
Posted Saturday, March 28, 2009 11:16:26 AM

TTPP to TNCM (March 22nd, 2009)  Port of Spain, Trinidad to St. Maarten.

Looking very forward to landing at Princess Julianna airport in St. Maarten.  Do a you-tube search on it and check out the 747 landing on a non-ILS runways.  You land practically on the beach....Cool!  I had planned on stopping at about 15 more airports before St. Maarten, but time is running out..and I want to finish...so I'll save it for another tour.

Ground crew has finished there service.  Good looking takeoff.  Banking left and heading up the islands.

Turning right onto final.  Beach umbrella's out on the beach.  Looks like a great day to spend suntanning.

Cool looking hotels, cruise ships, and fun times ahead.  Look at that...nailed the line and everything...yet...Dang....i hate you Smitty!

Landing Score:118.30               Flight Score:147.47

Distance from touchdown target (visual approach): 198 feet 

A splendid landing!

Joe Mini

Post #3624
Posted Saturday, March 28, 2009 11:28:09 AM

TNCM to TJSJ (March 22nd, 2009)  St. Maarten to Puerto Rico

What a day I had messing around St. Maarten.  Shopped and spent a boatload of money on presents for the wife and kids as I haven't seen them in a long 8 months.  Only 5 more destinations to go before the whole crazy thing is done.  I can almost see the finish line.

Boats and planes...Huge A340 plane in the background...and my Hotel room off in the distance.  Dang it...I left my beech towel hangin' on the railing...

Cruise ship and off into the wild blue yonder....

Closing in on Puerto Rico.  Making left turn onto runway 8.

Over the city skyline....centerline....come on Smitty...how about a good number?

Landing Score:126.90              Flight Score:133.98            A splendid landing!

Joe Mini

Post #3625
Posted Saturday, March 28, 2009 11:39:03 AM

TJSJ to MKJS (March 22nd, 2009)  Puerto Rico to Montego Bay, Jamaica

Well Smitty....it's about time you make it to the promise land of Jamaica?  Ready to show off the dreads?  Off to another popular touristy spot. 

Loading up with passengers.  An American heavy 767 on final. 

Banking back to the west....last of Puerto Rico...

Making my way over to the bay area....banking left....

A birdy told me the ILS was messed up so I'll try an Non-ILS instead....Oh come on Smitty....cut me a break?

Landing Score:0.00               Flight Score:149.71

• Good glideslope on visual approach.
  • Good alignment with runway on visual approach.
  • Gentle touchdown.
  • Good landing speed - not too fast.
  • Wings were level.
  • Distance from touchdown target (visual approach): 954 feet

Joe Mini

Post #3626
Posted Saturday, March 28, 2009 11:48:36 AM

MKJS to MUHA (March 23rd, 2009)  Montego Bay, Jamaica to Havana, Cuba

Well Cuba and Jamaica asked me to transport cases of Rum for Cigars....This plane is so over loaded I hope I can get off the ground.  UPS is back to give a helping hand and supplied me yet again with a 747 freighter.  Looks like weather will be getting rough...the tiny ship was tossed...if not for the fearless crew the minnow would be lost....errr...oops...Gilligan's Island.

Loaded up and ready to make North to Cuba...Havana....

Oh crap....can't see a shitten thing....not a bad landing...but we'll see what Smitty's got to say....

Landing Score:148.55              Flight Score:170.73  (<-- Check out the numbers....oooohhhhh weeee!!!)

Joe Mini

Post #3627
Posted Saturday, March 28, 2009 11:59:23 AM

MUHA to MYNN (March 24th, 2009)  Havana, Cuba to Nassau, Bahamas

Just 2 flights left....Nassua and Miami.  Tears are starting to well up as 8 months of flying is coming to an end.  I can almost smell south beach Miami, but first Nassau.  It's been a great ride as I reflect on flying.  And I keep thinking to myself...what in the heck am I gonna do next to top this?  Thoughts coming up on that...

Overcast skies by I hear the weather is great in Nassau.

Flying over Grand Bahamas....lining up nicely.  Little crosswind is messing with me...

Trying to correct it...come on a little more....dang landed to hard.  Welcome to Nassau...I guess the only plane here is an Air Canada....

Landing Score:146.55               Flight Score:136.77

Joe Mini

Post #3628
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

«««12345»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 8:59pm