JoeMini's WWT Part IV - North America, Mexico, Central America, South America, and Carribean

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

«««12345»»»

JoeMini's WWT Part IV - North America,... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, March 28, 2009 7:16:04 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:31:09 AM
SEQU to SPHI (Feb 22nd, 2009)  Quito, Ecuador to Chiclayo, Peru

Ok, so I went to a 3rd world Wal-mart and visited Dr. Roberto Santiago Viviando Papalando Rodriquez Hernandez eye doctor to see what he could figure out with my eyes.  According to the Doc, he said I was suffering from Quadruple Double Vision?  Say what?  Where did you get your liscense from?  Good news is Chiclayo is down hill....errr....down air, so it should be nothing but a descent.  We'll see.

High country airport in Quito at 9228 feet elevation.

gotiating over some mountain ranges.

Ok...let's see how the new glasses are working....Aye Carumba!  What the heck!  Way off the marks.  I'm going back for a refund. #!$!%$!%$

Landing Score:56.00        Flight Score:137.85

Joe Mini

President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC. 
"If we get you to your destination in one piece, it's a miracle"  

Post #3608
Posted Saturday, March 28, 2009 7:27:12 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

SPHI to SPIM (Feb 25th, 2009)  Chiclayo, Peru to Lima, Peru.

Well, obviously disappointed with my diagnosis with my eyes.  Seriously folks, I don't think that Doctor knew what he was talking about.  So I went to a local 3rd world Walgreen's and self diagnosised myself and purchased an off the counter eye glasses.  I look like a dork, but I can see only about 25 feet in front of me.  Yea that should do it.  Ok...off to the high country of Lima Peru.  Bad eyes, so what better plane to try to get a huge score....

Air New Zealand was back to help out JoeMini WWT's.

Check out the pyramids...are we in Egypt again.  Lining up nicely....boy these magnification glasses are gonna work.....NOT!!!!  Sheez.

Landing Score:57.60            Flight Score:164.18

Joe Mini

Post #3609
Posted Saturday, March 28, 2009 7:36:43 AM

SPIM to SLLP (Feb 26th, 2009)  Lima, Peru to La Paz, Chile

Clearly the new spectacles are not working.  What the heck is going on?  Guess I'm just going to have to work it out.  I ate a huge bowl of Lima beans.  I heard an ancient Lima remedy for eye problems.  Talk about your bland meal.  Good god....get me some water!  Off to the highest airport on my tour....La Paz at 13313 feet elevation - El Alto International.

A few LAN liveries and a 737 on final.  Waiting patiently.  Cool looking high country.

One of the highest lakes in the world - Lake Titcaca.  Oh crap....scraping the right side engines....Will Smitty notice?

Landing Score:36.70          Flight Score:152.98

Landing included the following problems: (Well what didn't Smitty miss?)

• Poor glideslope on ILS approach - you can do better.
  • Wings not level - danger of clipping the ground or damaging your gear.                    (Damn he caught it)
  • Glideslope lost before you touched down - not your best effort.
  • Not near the centre line - you can do better.
  • Without spoilers armed - arm them before landing.
  • Poor steering after landing - stay on the centre line.

Joe Mini

Post #3610
Posted Saturday, March 28, 2009 7:46:19 AM

SLLP to SCDA (March 1st, 2009)  La Paz, Chile to Iquique

Chile is so gosh darn long and skinny, that I'm breaking up the length with a couple short flights.  I'm deperate for a good landing score.  I'm trying anything at this point.  Changing up the sponsorship airplane.  UPS requested a pilot to fly a few containers of high altitude water to the low country and breed upper altitude fish water with low country water.
Say what?  LOL.  Hey I just fly the routes....

Can't really tell, but it's pouring down rain.  Snow capped mountains.

Banking onto final....cool looking mountains and waters.  Good God...Is it ever gonna get better?  Took up took much runway.  Thanks Smitty...way to ruin my spirits.

Landing Score:13.94          Flight Score:149.59  (Thank goodness for good flight scores)

Joe Mini

Post #3611
Posted Saturday, March 28, 2009 7:51:46 AM

SCDA to SCFA (March 1st, 2009)  Iquique, Chile to Antofagasta, Chile

Liked the name, so I decided to fly there.  Period.  Let's see....last three scores 57.60, 36.70, and 13.94.  Can it get any worse?  Errr....stay tuned.

Pulling out all strings now, backed off to a CRJ-700.  Surely I can land one of these things?

Flying south down the coastline of Chile, turning nicely, come on Smitty....bring it on....

Landing Score:0.00          Flight Score:125.42                 (JoeMini sits silently dejected in cockpit...where's that steak knife I saw?)

Landing was successful in the following areas:

• Distance from touchdown target (visual approach): 843 feet

Joe Mini

Post #3612
Posted Saturday, March 28, 2009 8:03:56 AM

SCFA to SCEL (March 3rd, 2009)  Antofagasta, Chile to Santiago, Chile

Took off a few days to recover from a steak knife incident.  Turns out Antofagasta turned out to be a nice little beach area where I drowned my sorrows with huge amounts of tequila.  But to my surprise, yet another airline has decided to provide airplanes for my tour.  Please welcome Varig Brasil to the podium.  President Ruldopho of Varig is a little concerned because my bloodshot eyes doesn't look good, but I passed my sobriety test prior to take off and it looks like we are good to go.

So after faking...errr passing, I took off to the nations capital of Santiago. 

New look livery, and look mom....I can pop a wheely with this plane.  Good looking plane against the clouds.

High country with a ton of clouds.

Crap...off again....Give me a bad score....what?  What is this....a huge number!  Thanks Smitty.

Landing Score:142.65           Flight Score:147.71

Joe Mini

Post #3613
Posted Saturday, March 28, 2009 8:10:11 AM

SCEL to SABE (March 10th, 2009)  Santiago, Chile to Buenos Aires, Argentina

Well real world stuff came about this week, so I had to take a week off before heading to my next destination - Buenos Aires.  Still feeling a little cocky about my last score, I decided to break out the 747 and go for huge numbers.  Prolly will be a mistake, but will see.

Lot's of LAN's in the backdrop, and the mountain ranges look awesome.

Once I made it over the mountains, nothing but flat lands.

Sheez, talk about negotiating between the buildings...Suppose the people living there just love the noise?  Sheez.  And as usual, way off the marks again, but thank goodness for flight scores....

Landing Score:53.00            Flight Score:161.32

Joe Mini

Post #3614
Posted Saturday, March 28, 2009 8:20:30 AM

SABE to SBGR (March 10th, 2009)  Buenos Aires, Argentina to Sao Paulo, Brazil

Ladies and Gentleman....JoeMiniWWT is proud to announce another celebrity is trying his luck with our tour.  I'm please to say Pele, a futbol icon, has decided to take a 1st class trip with us.  Buckle up Pele, weather reports are not good.  Rough weather in Sao Paulo is forecasted.

What bad weather?  Lokks great here.  Gonna wake up those people at the end of the runway again.

Water and land...and here comes the weather...ok Pele?  Dang...weather is getting worse.

Whew..there's the runway lights....hey....not bad at all.

Landing Score:119.65           Flight Score:142.77

Shoot....come on Smitty.  We had Pele on board....can't you make an exception?

Joe Mini

Post #3615
Posted Saturday, March 28, 2009 8:28:57 AM

SBGR to SBGL (March 13th, 2009)  Sao Paulo, Brazil to Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

Well the weather was crappy so my time spent in Sao Paulo was cut short...I need sunshine and I need to try on my new swimming suit on the beaches or Rio...so off we go.

Varig Log - The official Logging airliner of the woods?  I hear they haul logs?  Small Embraer commuter landing.

Later crappy weather, hello Rio

Look at those blue waters...dang...off again.  What's with all these ticket booths?  Yes I'd like a ticket to gate A-13.

Landing Score:120.65         Flight Score:145.22

Joe Mini

Post #3616
Posted Saturday, March 28, 2009 8:35:14 AM

SBGL to SBBR (March 18th, 2009)  Rio De Janeiro, Brazil to Brasilia, Brazil

Well was I the hit of the party in Rio.  Sporting my new thong speedo's, I was stared at by all.  Unfortunately, I didn't realize I was wearing them backwards...oops.  Did I say too much?  Had a fantastic time and will miss all the babes hanging on me.  Almost felt like a rock star.  My speedo's will be available on E-bay soon!

Looking back at Rio.  Look at those water colors.

I don't get it.  Smitty talked to me the whole time...had ILS...yet I think the software hiccuped.  Ruined a good Flight Score.  What's another zero?

Landing Score:0.00          Flight Score:166.72

Joe Mini

Post #3617
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

«««12345»»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 1:09am