FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

«««23456»»»

JoeMini WWT Part III - Australia, Far East,... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, January 01, 2009 7:43:46 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:31:09 AM
YBBN to YBRK (December 30th, 2008)  Brisbane, Australia to Rockhampton, Australia.

Short flight up north to another city on the ocean.  I tried to call Olivia from a airport pay phone, but she would not accept my collect phone call.  What the heck Olivia?  I think Smitty is still jealous as all get out.  Come on Smitty, we're still bud's aren't we?

Loading up passengers.  All kinds of Virgin Australia planes waiting for me to take off so the skies are clear.

Look at the view Mrs. Robinson.  Leaving the city.

Sunshine coming up.

Another Non-ILS runway, and I forgot to make my landing file, so I'll try the new way of hitting the edge of the runway....damn...I suck!

Landing Score:0.00  (Well I can tell you are back Smitty...still jealous and now you are going to punish me?  Real piece of work you are Smitty.)

Landing was successful in the following areas:

• Distance from touchdown target (visual approach): 1138 feet

Flight Score:139.77

Joe Mini

President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC. 
"If we get you to your destination in one piece, it's a miracle"  

Post #3155
Posted Friday, January 02, 2009 3:45:29 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Joe, Joe, Joe!

First af all, thank you for the wonderful pictures. Boy I cannot wait to be able to have such graphicssettings on my new computer, but only days now....

And to quote Griff from Back to the future part lll - "well I didn´t know you were the physical type" Fistfights with poor Mr.Smith  - and in public! Not good for your reputation Joe. Think of his age and cool down. I tend to get a little aggrivated myself from time to time, when it comes to Mr.Smith, but I always let the steam out by humming the theme from Bonanza. Always makes me giggle.

And you have your way with women there huh? Olivia Newton John - one of my youth-fantasy-loveaffairs. Wow did I sigh to "Hopelessly devoted to you"? And you had her on the plane? And what about Christmas? Where was she there? You wife know about this Joe. And anyway - it just tells me what a bad friend you are. I check my mail every day, and no sir, I havent seen an Olivia autograph there yet - we want it all for ourselves do we? 

I don´t think Mr.Smith is treating you badly, scorewise. I just think you keep your mind occupied elsewhere than on your flying young man. Leave the women alone, and concentrate on the competition. Just an advice.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3156
Posted Friday, January 02, 2009 6:13:41 AM

YBRK to YBCS (December 31th, 2008)  Rockhampton, Australia to Cairns, Australia

Olivia is still weighing heavily on my mind.  I just am not the same with her singing over the P.A. system of my plane.  Smitty although trying to say nice things that Olivia would do, saying things like "make better use of trimmers" and "you're flying to fast" just is not romantic at all.  Sigh...I plow on to Cairns, my last stop in the land down under.

Really neat looking terminal building.  Later Rockhampton.

Flying north up the eastern coast of Australia.  I really like flying eary in the morning.

Good looking shorelines.  Oh crap not again...what is it with the weather in Australia?

Crap!  Where's the freakin' airport in this mess?  Are those headlights coming at me?  Well by the time I figured out the runway....way too long again.

And to make matters worse, it was only a localizer frequency....zero visability....got the passengers down, and wham...give me the bad news Smitty....

Landing Score:0.00  (Smitty, maybe we should take some time off?)
Visibility: 3.73 Miles     Wind: 11 Knots

Landing was successful in the following areas:

• Distance from touchdown target (visual approach): 2346 feet

Flight Score:133.20 (Respectable)

Flight included the following problems:

• Exceeding flap speeds - your flaps may be damaged: have them checked.
  • Poor steering during takeoff - stay in the centre of the runway.
  • Rapid descent - dangerous and uncomfortable.

Joe Mini

Post #3161
Posted Friday, January 02, 2009 6:26:42 AM

YBCS to AYPY (December 31th, 2008)  Cairns, Australia to Port Moresby, Papa New Guinea

[Picture a stupid Tom Cruise movie, where he's sitting by a pay phone trying to find himself again]  I made one last ditch effort to get Olivia to make a flight of a lifetime.  She answered this time.  Oh my, what should I say?  I got so tongue tied.  But in her sweet Australian accent, she said this to me "No offense, but your track record is not the greatest, and I would like to live and sing another day, so I just can't go with you.  But I'll Fedex some of my greatest hits CD's and have the ready for you land in Port Moresby.  Good bye my Navigator."

And so it ends fans.  Crushed and deflated.  Come on Smitty.  I must move on.

Another cool little airport stuck in between some mountains and hillsides.  Sure would have been nice to see the runway on my last landing here.

I'll miss Australia and New Zealand, but we've got to plow on and finish this journey.

Closing in on Port Moresby.  ATC has my flying forever in the wrong direction so let's prolong this damn flight.  Ok...finally cleared to make base.

Lining up a little crooked, but I keep moving to the right....dang it...this is not gonna be good either....

Touch down....welcome to Papa New Guinea.  Where's Mama?  I need a good home cooked meal.

Landing Score:56.89  (Wow...at least you gave me some numbers this time)

Landing included the following problems:

• Not near the centre line - you can do better.
  • Poor steering after landing - stay on the centre line.

Flight Score:141.50

• Dangerous taxiing turns - these cause discomfort and stress.

Joe Mini

Post #3162
Posted Friday, January 02, 2009 6:35:30 AM

AYPY to WABB (January 1st, 2009)  Port Moresby, Papa New Guinea to Biak, Indonesia.

Happy New Year everyone!  Went to sleep and thought about it all night.  Gonna try this year to not let the landing bother me anymore.  I've got plenty more landings to figure Smitty out, so let's make the best of it.  Couple of stops before hitting the Orient, so off we go to a small little island in the middle of nowhere.  Come on ol' pal for now...Smitty? 

Air Nuigini...new livery...cool!  What the hell is this...an 6000' foot grass runway strip, or is this a mess up?  That would be awesome to have a house overlooking the water.

Mountains, marshlands, mountains....water....

Closing in on Biak.  Making right turns to final.

Crap...way off again....man I can't stink any worse can I? 

Landing Score:104.40  (Ok...start the year off with a triple digit number...it's a start)

• Not near the centre line - you can do better.

Flight Score:144.21

Joe Mini

Post #3163
Posted Friday, January 02, 2009 6:47:37 AM

WABB to WAMM (January 1st, 2009)  Biak, Indonesia to Manado, Indonesia.

JoeMini, Prez and Chief Pilot to the podium.  "Ladies and Gentlemen, what a treat it is today to announce that UPS freight has asked yours truly to fly a 747 cargo plane to provide Pizza Hut pizza to the city of Manado.  The city is doing a taste test for pizza research, and UPS has ran out of pilots, so they have asked me to make a run for them.  I'm honored to have this priveledge.  Please, I know, I know, my track record is not great with 747's, but I did land one last time in Sydney, so I have the confidence I will do the same today.  Thanks UPS!"

Man, I don't know if I can turn this beast around at the end of the runway....slow and easy...lift off....what a neat little country.

Oh man, the smell of fresh made pizzas.  We've equipped this 747 with state of the art pizza ovens.  Two hours from now, there will be one heck of a pizza party.

Making left turn to final.....airport is off to the left...I made my non-ILS runway files...lining up nicely....oh crap.  Not again....Stall...Stall....pull up.  What the ________! !$!#$!$!% I swore I was going to take it easy....$!$#!%!$!$# Houston we have a problem.  We've got pizza everywhere. Please get on the courtesy bus at Gate 5, 6, and 7 for a short trip out to Runway 18.  The plane is still in tact, but please ignore the jet fume smells. Please no smoking at this time.  Man, I stink!  That's it...It's me or the 747....I've had it.

Landing Score: 0.00   Flight Score: 0.00

Joe Mini

Post #3164
Posted Saturday, January 03, 2009 9:41:42 AM

WAMM to RPMD (January 2nd, 2009)  Manado, Indonesia to Davao, Indonesia.

What a mess we had with my UPS 747 and the pizzas everywhere.  Here's a city minding it's own business, and a recklass aviator trying to land a 747 with non-ILS conditions.  JoeMini could not be reached for comments, but rumor is he was found eating box after box of NY style cheese pizza and hoisting some beers in the cockpit afraid to come out and meet the media.  I had to spend the night in my 747, but first thing in the morning I got a shuttle over to my my Delta 737 which was flown in early that morning and was waiting for me at the gates.  I need to make a quick exit stage left.

Lion Airlines - probably will see lots of new airlines in the orient.  What a cool airport...surrounded by trees and mountains.

Early morning overlooking the wing.  Lots of small islands everywhere.

Got my ILS frequency loaded, but something is wrong again....Needles are pointing way to the left....freakin' runway is hosed up again...

I refuse to land on grass to get a score...so as usually i make a great landing for a zero!  Yea buddy!

Landing Score:0.00  (not my fault, but that what you can get with FSX at times)

• Poor glideslope on ILS approach - you can do better.
  • Poor alignment with runway on ILS approach - line up and stay there.
  • Nowhere near the centre line - get lined up and keep it that way.
  • Without spoilers armed - arm them before landing.

Flight Score:129.05

• Rapid descent - dangerous and uncomfortable.
  • Poorly trimmed aircraft - trimmers are there to help: use them.

Joe Mini

Post #3172
Posted Saturday, January 03, 2009 9:55:40 AM

RPMD to RPLL (January 2nd, 2009)  Davao, Indonesia to Manila, Phillipines.

Kinda looking forward to flying over a lot of Indonesian island up to Manila.  Weather today looks really good so should produced some good pictures today.

Looking down the runway...Ready to go Captain?  That would be me...

Lots of islands and water to take a look at.

Getting all lined up over the Phillipines....looks like another tropical paradise?

Airport straight ahead....lined up nicely.  Oh man...this could be a big number Smitty?

Holy crap....dead center and smoking the tires.  Air Phillipines and CEBU Pacific airliners...

Landing Score:150.80  (How about that a landing score higher than a flight Score)

A splendid landing!

Flight Score:133.81

• Poorly trimmed aircraft - trimmers are there to help: use them.

Joe Mini

Post #3173
Posted Saturday, January 03, 2009 11:00:15 AM

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Holy Tuxedo! You cracked the 150 point line for landings too. Great! Congratulations man. Now we both aim for 200. Right?

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3174
Posted Sunday, January 25, 2009 3:54:38 PM

RPLL to RCKH (January 3rd, 2009)  Manila, Phillipines to Kaosiung, Taiwan

Making my way up to China, but making a few stops along the way.

Busy airport at Manila.

Plenty of jets waiting takeoff.

Little haze trying to land but I think we'll manage.

Hey, what's this....centerlining the runway.

Landing Score:143.40

A splendid landing!

Flight Score:127.27

Joe Mini

Post #3252
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

«««23456»»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 11:57pm