FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

«««12345»»»

JoeMini WWT Part III - Australia, Far East,... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Sunday, December 14, 2008 4:23:19 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:31:09 AM
YPPH to YPAD (December 13th, 2008)  Perth Australia to Adalaide, Australia.

We got another long flight of 3+ hours, so I'm going against better judgement and loading up the Boeing 747.  All of my previous crashes I've had troubles with landings and stalls.  So I'm really going to concentrate on this. 

Lots of huge planes for Qantas.  Got my 747 all loaded up with fuel...my 10 passengers are on board althought the plane hold close to 500.  Damn people.

Beautiful take off.  Bustling city of Perth in the background.  Turn back east.

Last of western Australia.  Flying over the Great Australian Bight gulf.

Closing in on some land again.  A Virgin Australina underneath the lower left wing flying under me...

Flying over some land and water.

Ok...here's what hurts.  Smitty was quite the whole flight...I was doing everything perfectly.  Lined up great.  Had what I thought was the correct airspeed of 145 knots but just
when I was concentrating heavily on landing the bird, my airspeed yet once again I failed to watch my airspeed.  #$!%$!$!$  Dang it!  Waste of 3 hours of waiting and flying...

Landing Score: 0.00   Flight Score: 0.00

Joe Mini

President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC. 
"If we get you to your destination in one piece, it's a miracle"  

Post #3031
Posted Thursday, January 01, 2009 2:38:18 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

YPAD to YMML (December 14th, 2008)  Adalaide, Australia to Melbourne, Australia

Man, I'm really down with this 747 accident after accident.  Back to ol' trusty B737-800 and get a good score for a change.  Been invited to play a tennis benefit match at Melbourne National Tennis Center with some of my early tennis days.  Playing doubles with Bjorn Borg, Ivan Lendl, and John McEnroe.  I bet there will be some racket throwing in this match especially from me.  What do you mean that call was out?  A you crazy Ref?

Getting a push back, now get the hell out of my way.  Following this Virgin Australian 737 the whole way.

Come on, pour the coals to the engines let's go.  Looking back at Adalaide. Lot's of clouds unfortunately the whole time so far in Australlia.

Oh crap...looks like a storm is brewing...cool picture flying through the rain clouds. 

Battling some good crosswinds but we're bringing her in nicely.

Come on slide over plane and let's hit the center stripe...Check out the Antanov huge freighter...what the heck are you doing down here?  Bringing back some sunshine?

Landing Score:149.84  (Hey we're back in the game with this score)

A splendid landing!

Flight Score:140.18 (Not bad either)

Flight included the following problems:

• Dangerous taxiing turns - these cause discomfort and stress.

Joe Mini

Post #3145
Posted Thursday, January 01, 2009 2:50:21 PM

YMML to YMHB (December 17th, 2008)  Melbourne, Australia to Hobart, Tasmania

What a tennis match.  Myself and John McEnroe had a heated battle with Bjorn Borg and Ivan Lendl.  I'm proud to say not only did we kick there butts in straight sets, we thought we heard quiet Bjorn mutter something about our tennis attire, so me and Johnny jumped the nets, and laid into my childhood idles and put them into the hospital.  Well while smacking Ivan, I pulled a hamstring, cracked a rib, and had 47 stitches.  I'm not sure I'm wanted in Melbourne any more so I'll be exiting stage left quickly.

What a beauty of a plane!  A New Zealander 777.  What the hell?  I had the right away and this piece of crap just cut in front of me!  Another new livery - Jet Star of Australia.

Waiting patiently while 777 takes off!  Man the skyline just went to clouds.  Dang it!  Melbourne looks like a great city to visit.

Overcast skies...dang it.

Flying over the northern part of Tasmania.  Another beautiful island from the air.

Coming in over a bay, this will be a cool landing.

Looking really good!  Yea baby....

Landing Score:131.34 (You've got to be kidding me Smith...)

Flight Score:132.07 (Well you robbed me on my landing, might as well rob me of a good flight score.)

Joe Mini

Post #3146
Posted Thursday, January 01, 2009 3:01:21 PM

YMHB to NZQN (December 18th, 2008)  Hobart, Tasmania to Queenstown, Tasmania.

I'm already dreading this flight because I decided to fly this one as an IFR flight, and FSX ATC sucks when it comes to mountains and flight plans.  So I'm expecting to be moved all around, up and down, plus this will be a difficult landing with a non-ILS landing.  So you got it....another crappy score expected. 

What the hell is the deal with airports where you have to taxi down the active runway to turn around...I just don't get it.  What a view on lift off...

What a nice country....water...land...and mountains.  Ok...here we go...a long flight over the water to New Zealand.

Another cool country with it's mountains right up to the ocean.  Snow? 

Ok...here we go...up and down...and all over the place.  S.O.B.  Gonna bank to the right here and head to that water...Crap...starting to be all over the place.

Battling a wind from the left...damn...hang on...don't go to far to the right.

Landing Score:0.00  (Gosh dang it Smitty...let's go, me and you out on the tarmac.  I've had it with you!)

Landing was successful in the following areas:

• Distance from touchdown target (visual approach): 762 feet

Flight Score:132.86

Joe Mini

Post #3147
Posted Thursday, January 01, 2009 3:12:02 PM

NZQN to NZDN (December 20th, 2008)  Queenstown, New Zealand to Dunedin, New Zealand

Well, it was an ugly fight on the ramp of Queenstown.  I took quite a few people to pull us apart.  Smitty got his good shots in and I responded with a few punches myself. But just like hockey players who kick the crap out of each other, we shook hands, smirked a little, exchanges some "man that was good punch" and "nice kick in the Kahonies", etc... We had to take an extra day to mend our wounds and recover. 

What a cool airport.  Huge mountains and valleys.  Have to negotiate the mountains to get up and over these babies.

What a view!  Off to the south to a small southern city of Dunedin.  Great day to be flying although I'm not trusting Smitty right now.  He's sitting there quietly.

Smitty is just taking small notes.  Hope they are good this time Smitty.  I notice you are sweating a little bit.

A little high, but gosh dang it...all this runway width and I can hit the side of New Zealand....I suck....you're right Smitty.  Just shut the heck up!

Landing Score:86.65

Flight Score:106.96

Joe Mini

Post #3148
Posted Thursday, January 01, 2009 3:21:26 PM

NZDN to NZCH (December 20th, 2008)  Dunedin, New Zealand to Christchurch, New Zealand

Well, maybe I need to go to church and pray for good scores?  What better name than this city to try that theory out on?  So, I'll kneel in front of the main landing gear of the B737, and pray.  "Dear big guy upstairs, please, please, help me get a good score from this pain in the butt next to me.  Can you see to it?"

Ladies and Gentlemen, I proud to annouce that Air New Zealand has agreed to lease a brand new 737-800 for us.  Another proud sponsor.  I hope I don't disappoint him on my maiden voyage with there new plane.

Why's there a fire truck already?  You smell fuel or something Smitty?

Flying over the southern part of New Zealand....

Gear down...flaps down...liner up JoeMini.

Well, all we need to do is land her centerline?  Dang it...off again.

Landing Score:120.65

Flight Score:130.50

Joe Mini

Post #3149
Posted Thursday, January 01, 2009 3:30:44 PM

NZCH to NZWN (December 20th, 2008)  Christchurch, New Zealand to Wellington, New Zealand

Well the praying didn't help one bit.  Nobody cares about me...(self pity is kicking in. Is it working with any of my fan club?) Off to the capital city of Wellington.  Short 165 nm flight over to the next island of New Zealand.  What a pretty country I must say.  I think when I am independently weathy which will be never, I'll make a true life trip over to New Zealand and Australia.

Damn...raining cats and dogs. 

Flying up the coastline....get out of here clouds.

Oh, this is just great.  Where's the damn runway in this mess?

Extremely low clouds...finally the runway...oh crap am I off.  So much for using the gauges.

Landing Score:0.00  (Thanks Smitty, I really hate you!)

Flight Score:145.48

Joe Mini

Post #3150
Posted Thursday, January 01, 2009 4:21:29 PM

NZWN to NZAA (December 21th, 2008)  Wellington, New Zealand to Auckland, New Zealand

The weather was perfect....so I took way to many pictures, and they were all good ones, so sitback and enjoy the shots.  Well, me and Smitty have been quietly flying side by side, and although we haven't talked much, he still seems to enjoy my piloting skills or he scared as shit of me?  Most of my scars have healed, and I just have a few left to pull out some day. 

Battling the winds, slightly crooked, but the rudder will pull it around for me....welcome to Auckland! 

Landing Score:148.65 (Guess we are buddies again?)

Flight Score:145.92

Joe Mini

Post #3151
Posted Thursday, January 01, 2009 7:19:45 PM

NZAA to YSSY (December 28th, 2008)  Auckland, New Zealand to Sydney, Australia.

Auckland Intl Airport:  JoeMini steps up to the podium:
"I'm excited today that the President of Air New Zealand has granted my the keys to a brand new B747-400.  However, conditions to this contract, I must land this airplane without crashing this plane, or else I will have to drop myself from this competition.  Huh...a challenge.  I like challenges.  I gladly accept."

Breaking News:  Olivia Newton John just finishing her New Zealand Tour Concert has tried to get herself taking off this flight, but she can't find a different flight, so she's going to have to fly on my flight.  Oh, my....I so giddy right now.  Not only to I have a total fox of her time on my flight, but I also have to land the 747.  Oh man, do I have pressure.

Well, once again, this is not looking good for the kid.  Raining cats and dogs.  Hopefully it's raining here and not Sydney.

Olivia?  Are you ok?  Need another drink?  What's that?  You need a bottle of Gin?  What a busy airport here in Auckland.

Full throttle!  Nice lift off.  How are you doing Olivia?  I'd love to have your autograph if I may....

Looks like the weather is cleaning up....little foggy, but I think I can finally land a 747 under pressure.

Oh my....way overshot the runway....come on baby...I want to sing songs with Olivia.  Please let me land it.

Wooohoooo!  I'll take any number Smitty.  How about a kiss for that cute pilot Olivia?  Oh my....you want me to come over for an evening cocktail?  Yes mam, I'll be there!

Landing Score:41.00
Landing included the following problems:

• Poor glideslope on ILS approach - you can do better.
  • Too hard - may have damaged your landing gear.
  • Glideslope lost before you touched down - not your best effort.
  • Not near the centre line - you can do better.

Definite room for improvement...

Flight Score:156.70  (Holy smack Batman....think that's my highest total?)
Flight included the following problems:

• Exceeding flap speeds - your flaps may be damaged: have them checked.
  • Dangerous taxiing turns - these cause discomfort and stress.
  • Late rotation - when Vr is reached - take off.
  • Rapid descent - dangerous and uncomfortable.
  • Poorly trimmed aircraft - trimmers are there to help: use them.

Joe Mini

Post #3153
Posted Thursday, January 01, 2009 7:35:08 PM

YSSY to YBBN (December 29th, 2008)  Sydney, Australia to Brisbane, Australia.

Wow.  What a night.  I went to a benefit concert put on by Olivia at the Sydney opera house.  Afterwards, Me and Olivia stayed up all night reminising about her 1st flight with JoeMini WWT.  I begged her to take the place of Smitty, but for some reason she kept giving me more drinks to forget about my offer.  Not sure how I made it back to the airport the next day, but I made it.  I think Smitty was definitely a little jealous of me.  He can give me crappy scores from now on, who cares...I got a goodbye kiss from Olivia.  Oh, I may never be the same again.

What a huge and busy airport.  Lot's of 747's all over the place, but here I am in my old trusty 737.  What the hell is this...perhaps this house is a little out of place?

Cool view of the harbor where sailboats line up to get a glimpse of the new star - Me?  An Airbus A330 taking off.  Olympic village off in the distance.

Downtown Sydney.  Oh I'll never forget walking hand in hand with you Olivia [For the record - this never happened....just a pipe dream]  Didn't we kiss on the step of the opera house?

Flying north up to Brisbane, another bustling city.

Up in the distance, downtown Brisbane.

Oh crap....what is going on with me....man I couldn't hit the side of Australia with my landings....dang it....off again.

Landing Score:46.14  (Well, who could fly after the night I had?  Evidently, not me)

Flight Score:138.47

Joe Mini

Post #3154
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

«««12345»»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 9:45pm