FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

12345»»»

JoeMini WWT Part III - Australia, Far East,... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, December 13, 2008 9:47:31 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:31:09 AM
Scene: Kathmandu, Nepal Airport (December 1st, 2008)

A small crowd at 5:30am has gathered at Tribhuvan International airport. Over 5,000 VIP only tickets were passed out the night before to the citizens of Kathmandu but it looks like from the turnstile numbers being reported, it looks like 47 people have shown up.  Small cheers, jeers, some boo's, and a few claps have come from the crowd.  JoeMini, Chief Executive, Chief Pilot, Chief Mechanic, Chief Steward, and Chief Company Spokesman takes to the podium.  As usual, JoeMini clears his throat, coughs, belches up last night's dinner, and on cue...rips a tear jerker flatulance explosion.  Of the 20 people who were patiently waiting the arrival, have soon passed out from the smell and are being treated for eye and nose irratations.

JoeMini takes the mic: "Wow, we are half way done.  Hard to imagine a dream of mine to fly around the world is half way complete.  I certainly could not be here today if it wasn't for the tremendous response from sponsors who made this event such a huge success.  Thank you to Delta Airlines for providing the "many" 737's used in part II.  Corporate sponsorship at it's finest. We suffered great hardship on this part of the leg.  We lost 4 planes to crashes, and I am pleased to announce that all crashes were the responsibility of JoeMini WWT Tour, LLC.  We are taking the right steps to correct our mishaps, and we intend as our goal for Part III is not not endure one fatality.  [Crowd in somewhat shock and silence, claps rather quietly]

"We take our customer service at JoeMini WWT Tours very seriously.  I'd like to share a few letters we've received at our award winning customer service department just recently.  I would like to also point out, these flying customers are actually in the crowd with us today, as you can see over there in the VIP wheelchairs, gurney, and holy cow!  Is that you Mrs. Robinson.  Fantastic your bandages are off your face now.  Hardly recognize all the stitches now.  Great to see you here today."

"Our 1st letter comes from none other than Mrs. Robinson herself.  Let's see....yada yada yada....oh yes....here we go.  She writes "after surviving over 10 crashes, and although my head hurts so bad right now that I only have feeling on the right side of my face, I am so pissed off at your flight attendants.  You would think after 5 crashes I could at least be bumped up to 1st class and enjoy a free beverage or two.  You would think senior citizens would get better treatment....  The letter goes on to say...."oooh...not sure we can say that right at the moment.  Thank you Mrs. Robinson for those nice kind words..."

"Another letter comes to us from passenger - Geoff Piston a fine englishman from London England.  Geoff writes...."ah yes...you piece of crap airline.  How many more fargin' times are you going to lose my luggage?  I fully expect a refund for all my lost baggage, clothes, and personal belongings.  Your company sucks!  Who in the hell voted you #1 Tour airlines is beyond my wildest comprehension. This is an outrage! ..... he goes on to say some more fine words....Thanks Geoff!"

"Wow all these great letters.  Let me share one more with you all.  This one comes from Olig VonDer Dreezan of Denmark.  He writes "never have I seen such an incompetent airline such as yours.  I have witnessed major flying violations since your 4th crash.  This airline should be grounded forever.  How you stay in business is a crime."

Great stuff there.  This just goes to show you we take all our flying patrons very seriously.  So that's why I am announcing right now, that Mrs. Robinson, Geoff, and Olig come on up to the stage and receive your full upgrade passes to 1st class for the remainder of this tour.  We like to let bygones by bygones, and let's settle this out of court, and accept this gesture as good faith and your strong belief in our company.  Please come on up!

[Wheelchairs being pushed up to stage.  Clapping can be heard.]  Come on people, let's hear it for our 3 finest paying customers JoeMini WWT Tours has.

A small feable man in the crowd screams "Are you freakin' nutz to fly again with that airline?  Haven't you learned your lesson by now?"

Joe Mini - "Let's go out to our Beech Baron had head off into our next flying adventure.  Thanks all, and will see you all in Canada in 2 months."

Joe Mini

President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC. 
"If we get you to your destination in one piece, it's a miracle"  

Post #3007
Posted Saturday, December 13, 2008 10:00:37 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

VNKT to VNLK (December 1st, 2008)  Kathmandu, Nepal to Lukla, Nepal

Well after that fine gathering this morning to wish our fearless pilot a "get the hell out of our country", our 3 paying passengers head down the jetway to the newly refurbished Beech Baron.  There's a website out there called Simtours.net which listed trying to make a challenging landing at Lukla, Nepal. Never letting a challenge go by the wayside, our kick-azz pilot is up to the challenge.  Lukla is way up in the Himilaya's.  Who in there right might would put such an airport up in the middle of nowhere is my guess, but that's what I'm all about....a challenge.

Whoa...what was that?  A hand held rocket launcher missile...Damn these people are pizzed.  Let's just get up and outta here. 

Oh man, my extra addon on mesh scenery is paying off...Check out the mountains!

I've got my GPS on and this place is a booger to find....who in the hell put an airport up here.

Ahh, there it is...only a mere 10,000 feet up here.  Dang it...better slow down and get her down...

Holy crap, I made it.  This was cool.  Highly recommend trying it.  And that score below....I'll take it!

Landing Score: 16.30   Flight Score: 99.15

Joe Mini

Post #3008
Posted Saturday, December 13, 2008 10:09:32 AM

VNLK to VGZR (December 1st, 2008)  Lukla, Nepal to Dhaka, Bangladesh

Could take off with the Boeing 737, so we had a competent pilot bring us a Learjet.  Heading south to Bangladesh for a 303 nm flight.  Very tricky take off as I have to get up quickly and avoid mountain sides.  Let's see our we do...

Got that puppy all the way backed up to the edges.  Got the brakes on....Full throttle.  Looks like an aircraft carrier takeoff.  Damn...narrowly missed that mountain.  Sorry people!

Well going from one extreme to another.  Mountains to flatlands and water.

Coming in over a nice river.

Lining up nicely...how bad can it be?  This is easy.

Landing Score: 2.89   Flight Score: 108.23

This is a new low as a pilot outside of a freakin zero!  Thank you...Thank you!!!

Joe Mini

Post #3009
Posted Saturday, December 13, 2008 10:49:09 AM

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Joe. My deepest condolencies to your onlucky passengers. I really love the dane. Mr. Olig. Apart from the fact that noone at all in my contry, would have such a name, the name ring such a bell in my head, that I really had to laugh.

And Mr. Piston. Amazing that he has a name sooo close to my empty-flight-pilot mr. Jeff Piston. If you read my postings you will find him even before I reached Nepal.

Your airline have had some very unlycky mishaps during the first half. I wish you all the best and safe flights, and -landings, in the second half.

May the FlFlyingSchool 2009 be with you....

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3010
Posted Sunday, December 14, 2008 12:20:58 PM

VGZR to VYSW (December 5th, 2008)  Dhaka, Bangladesh to Sittwe, Myanmar (Burma)

Short flight down the Bay of Bengal to Sittwe, Burma.  So far I stinking up the joint with flights, so let's get it back together.

3rd different plane already.  CRJ-700 loading up with my 3 passengers.  Sorta wasting seat space, but we are all about comfort.

Nice looking land and water shots.

Closing in on Sittwe...A non-ILS landing, so you know a bad score is a coming.

Looking good but a little to the right and past the landing spot....dang it!

Landing Score: 38.00  Flight Score:129.15

Joe Mini

Post #3012
Posted Sunday, December 14, 2008 12:28:27 PM

VYSW to VYYY (December 5th, 2008)  Sittwe, Myanmar (Burma) to Yangoon, Burma

Another relatively short flight of 268 nm to Yangoon, Burma.  Went shopping for a Burmise Tiger for a pet.  But after an unfortunate biting at the pet shop, I decided the paying customers wouldn't appreciate a tiger roaming the aisle way.

Neat looking shot at end of runway.  Water and land shots.

Closing in on Yangoon.

Come on...straighten it out...looking good.  Crap...another pitiful landing score.  Pilot is losing his confidence.

Landing Score: 44.00   Flight Score:145.57

Joe Mini

Post #3013
Posted Sunday, December 14, 2008 12:43:32 PM

VYYY to VLVT (December 6th, 2008)  Yangoon, Burma to Vientiane, Laos

Continuing my complete WWT coverage...off to the romote city of Vientiane, Laos.  375 nm flight back inland. 

A new airliner - Silk Air.  I hear all there seats are silk?  Now look at this.  Nice placement of electrical equipment.  Gotta veer to the left...sheez.

Liftoff...over looking downtown Yangoon.

Flying over hilly country and meandering rivers.

Descending down.

Well once again looking good.  Will see....Now that's better.

Landing Score: 124.10   Flight Score: 137.39

Joe Mini

Post #3014
Posted Sunday, December 14, 2008 1:54:24 PM

VLVT to VTBD (December 6th, 2008)  Vientiane, Laos to Bangkok, Thailand

Bangkok...oriental city...got that stupid song in my head now.  One night in Bangkok.

Tower:  "I need clearance to Bangkok...oriental city.."  Neat looking shot of city.

Boy am I getting off on my alignment....this will be ugly...

Correcting...correcting....not close...but got it down...Air France in Bangkok...

Landing Score: 108.65   Flight Score: 145.69

Joe Mini

Post #3018
Posted Sunday, December 14, 2008 2:06:04 PM

VTBD to VDPP (December 6th, 2008)  Bangkok, Thailand to Phnom Pehn, Cambodia

Did some shopping found some good deals on 3rd run audio equipment.  Gonna sell them out of the back of my car trunk when I get back in 5 months.

Crazy looking airliner called Nok Airlines.  Followed him out to takeoff.

Another wild paint scheme - Bangkok Airlines.  Damn another ugly landing.

Landing Score: 31.51   Flight Score: 88.34  (Also screwed up the autopilot feature)

Joe Mini

Post #3019
Posted Sunday, December 14, 2008 2:10:10 PM

VDDP to VVTS (December 6th, 2008)  Phnom Pehn, Cambodia to Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam

Headed to Nam...short flight of 114 nm to better my last landing score...

Bangkok Airlines still there. 

City off to the left....never got it lined up right....new airliner....Eva Air.

Landing Score: 31.15   Flight Score: 88.26  (Sheez.  I stink)

Joe Mini

Post #3020
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12345»»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 2:18pm