FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

«««56789»»»

S&S Tour - Team Fenric's Race to the Bottom Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Sunday, January 24, 2010 12:37:57 AM
FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:11:34 AM
Been busy of late, so little time to chat.  Hope to meet Biggles on time - with his aqua pantaloons or something - and to knock off the next 20 legs before the 11th.

WARR is a nice stock airport - took the long ils approach and literally snoozed in to parking.  Look over to the right and you'll see a river running between the runway and parking.  The airport manager's here and there's an extra set of tackle in the back.  Looks like Team Fenric will be dining on fresh catch this evening....

-----
FS2 v3.0 w/172 Detail - FSX SP2 - CH yoke & pedals - GoFlight / Saitek / MPanel - TrackIR 3 w/VE
i7-920 airclocked to 166, Vista 64 Prem, GTX 260, 9GB 1300 DRAM, 1TB OS / 200GB s/s FSX drive

"Geronimo"

Post #6715
Posted Sunday, January 24, 2010 9:14:55 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Last Login: Monday, January 17, 2011 6:45:44 AM
[quote]Fenric (1/24/2010)
Been busy of late, so little time to chat.  Hope to meet Biggles on time - with his aqua pantaloons or something - and to knock off the next 20 legs before the 11th.

quote]

Have to be "something"  

Pantaloons faded in the wash

"Borrowed" copy of Rex2 from prison library. Governor thought it was DVD about dogs!

Gotta go

Bye

PS I read that 49ers playing Wembley London in October. Hope I make it back in time!

Post #6716
Posted Sunday, January 24, 2010 10:52:49 AM

Rgr, be on lookout for pantsless Biggles in prison yard.

Good luck with Rex II....

And never fear, ye shall be back in Merry Ole Whatsername in time for the Cup Final, even.

-----
FS2 v3.0 w/172 Detail - FSX SP2 - CH yoke & pedals - GoFlight / Saitek / MPanel - TrackIR 3 w/VE
i7-920 airclocked to 166, Vista 64 Prem, GTX 260, 9GB 1300 DRAM, 1TB OS / 200GB s/s FSX drive

"Geronimo"

Post #6717
Posted Sunday, January 24, 2010 11:25:13 PM

What's more insidious than the dreaded Royal Australian Aerodrome Adjunct Obstacle Planning Commission??  Why, none other than the Indonesian Instrument Landing Localizer Nudging Workgroup!!   Add WARQ and WARJ to that list of "look before you blindly follow the needles down cock-eyed with Smitty shouting at you" fields.  Corrected BGLs available on request.

-----

"Geronimo"

Post #6718
Posted Monday, January 25, 2010 2:31:55 AM

Fenric (1/24/2010)
What's more insidious than the dreaded Royal Australian Aerodrome Adjunct Obstacle Planning Commission??  Why, none other than the Indonesian Instrument Landing Localizer Nudging Workgroup!!   Add WARQ and WARJ to that list of "look before you blindly follow the needles down cock-eyed with Smitty shouting at you" fields.  Corrected BGLs available on request.

Yes please.............anything to relieve the boredom in between beanz & rice!

Borrowed some commando combat shorts so modesty should be intact

Prison Governor says I can take Rex for a walk this afternoon (?) as long as I take poo bags with me just in case! If op arises I shall leg it.

"Yes Governor, I've nearly finished polishing your keyboard oh illustrious one"

Bye

Post #6726
Posted Tuesday, January 26, 2010 1:43:12 AM

Biggsie,

We've just landed in one of the pleasant suburbs of Cerebellum, or something like that. Smitty was on the phone first thing and spoke with his balloon pilot, Lucky Pierre.  Everything is set to occur at your noontime tomorrow.  Pierre will be the one in the bright multicolored balloon overhead.

In the jaw-droppingly unlikely event that there happens to be more than one balloon overhead at noon, Lucky Pierre will be the gentleman with the eyepatch, claw-shaped prosthetic hand, and wooden leg.

Know that if you do ask him why he's called "Lucky" Pierre, you'll probably get the same as I did.  "You shoulda seen what was left of my partner!"

Smitty and I will be the ones circling everything in my trusty Skyhawk.  If in the lets-pretend-this-won't-ever-happen event that you see a door of the aircraft open, or a window shatter, and a hand emerge to point comically-yet-alarmingly in a given direction run away from that direction

Good luck....

Oh and Smitty congratulates you on your choice of Pangandaran (Indonesian I believe for "runway end eaten by the tide.")  I think old Beanie's picking up a little Buddhism - I kept hearing him chant on approach. "dontlandshort dontlandshort dontlandshort dontlandshort dontlandshort."  Splendid chap.

I'll zip the bgls and post tomorrow after the, um, chance encounter....

Yours faithfully, Fenric, of Team Fenric

-----

"Geronimo"

Post #6731
Posted Tuesday, January 26, 2010 9:09:25 AM

Took Rex for a walk this am.  On my return I found myself locked out

So Rex & I went to the local internet cafe to decide on best course of action & discovered that my mate the Prison Gov. has been a bad boy.

Have decided to scarper pdq taking Rex with me............aahhhh. I've fallen for his CuNm character and turbulent style.

I'll wait for you at the Chop House on the corner of Tunku Abdul Rachman II & Serdang St. Suggest you attach large basket to end of  rope attached to balloon

Biggles & Rex

Indonesian govt sacks Jakarta prison head

Salim Osman
The Straits Times
Publication Date: 13-01-2010

The head of a Jakarta prison was removed yesterday (January 12) after revelations that some high-profile inmates were enjoying lives of luxury behind bars.

The government also ordered an investigation into prison wardens across the country, as Justice and Human Rights Minister Patrialis Akbar promised to punish officers found guilty of providing special privileges to prisoners.

"Many of the officers have worked at the same prisons for five years and even 10 years," he said. "We have to move them to prevent them from building their own little kingdoms in prison."

Pondok Bambu prison's director Sarju Wibowo was sacked following public outrage that he put rich inmates in luxurious rooms with LCD flat-screen TV sets, spring mattresses, air-conditioners, karaoke sets and more.

A presidential task force uncovered the scandal during a surprise inspection of the prison on Sunday. It found at least two inmates - businesswoman Artalyta Suryani, who is in for bribery, and drug offender Liem Marita - living in luxury......................

Post #6735
Posted Tuesday, January 26, 2010 4:15:58 PM

Great Scott; that's wonderful news!  "Luxury" eh?  Oh you did mention beans and rice.  It's the Life of Reilly for some....

Lucky Pierre has just taken off so he could test the currents and meet up at the appropriate location.  Smitty is on the walkie talkie giving Pierre new instructions.

The missus and I will work off the early morning chill that followed us from the hills this am.  Spectacular sunrise....

I think we have a pack of kibbles for Rex - who may not be anyone's lawyer as we understand things....

-----

"Geronimo"

Post #6739
Posted Thursday, January 28, 2010 11:27:51 PM

Pierre de Luck on time, a little strange for a Frenchman. Rex thought the balloon was a gas.

Pierre even manged to deliver both of us on time to our desired destination which was upwind of hte pickup--quite a neat trick.

So it's onwards & upwards with the only downwards being deliberate--Bugis St & Bedok Corner await. Biggles is a coming

Biggles

Post #6748
Posted Saturday, January 30, 2010 6:04:51 PM

"Smitty, remind me to tell you again to stop getting our METARs from Wake Up with Jakarta Al."

"Right, boss."

Luckily there was an NDB and VOR at the airport... which was about 1000 feet offset from where The Great Google Eye put it.

Luckily the FSX runway team gave our runway a MALS and VASI2... although they put everything into another 600ft deep punch bowl.

NOTFSXAM for all runways WICT - Takeoff minimums 800-1 with minimum climb of 862' per NM to 1700 for climb in visual conditions.  Otherwise, prepare to eat all tree bark entering a/c windshield.

-----

"Geronimo"

Post #6754
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

«««56789»»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 9:59pm