FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

«««56789»»

S&S Tour - Team Fenric's Race to the Bottom Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Sunday, January 31, 2010 11:06:52 PM
FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, September 23, 2010 9:11:34 AM

"Crikeys, Smitty.  Dashed lucky there's no tower nor automated weather reporting system around to call out low visibility, else we'd be legally unable to land here and we'd forfeit Phase II.  Excuse me as I plant the Skyhawk firmly on the runway edge there.  Don't mind the bang.  Good chap...."

"Visibility at that end of the runway appears nil.  Down here, fair-to-MVFR.  Let's chock and block and settle in till it clears a bit."

-----
FS2 v3.0 w/172 Detail - FSX SP2 - CH yoke & pedals - GoFlight / Saitek / MPanel - TrackIR 3 w/VE
i7-920 airclocked to 166, Vista 64 Prem, GTX 260, 9GB 1300 DRAM, 1TB OS / 200GB s/s FSX drive

"Geronimo"

Post #6756
Posted Monday, February 01, 2010 1:56:16 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Last Login: Monday, January 17, 2011 6:45:44 AM
.Time to take Rex walkies - He/She is obviously trying to tell you something

Biggles

Post #6757
Posted Thursday, February 04, 2010 10:17:02 PM

Looks like the lovely Lady Fenric and yours truly will be guests of the Sultan for a few short days as it's anniversary time.  Smitty's already bought chocolates... and left the better ones untouched!  The old softie....

Then it'll be back to the flightlines as we approach Singapore....

-----
FS2 v3.0 w/172 Detail - FSX SP2 - CH yoke & pedals - GoFlight / Saitek / MPanel - TrackIR 3 w/VE
i7-920 airclocked to 166, Vista 64 Prem, GTX 260, 9GB 1300 DRAM, 1TB OS / 200GB s/s FSX drive

"Geronimo"

Post #6786
Posted Sunday, February 07, 2010 2:29:28 AM

Quick bump to redate the thread.

Got to make it over to Dabo Pete's in about 10 hours for the Super Bowl party... I'm sure they have Dabo girls there....

-----

"Geronimo"

Post #6793
Posted Sunday, February 07, 2010 10:26:15 PM

And another bump....

-----

"Geronimo"

Post #6799
Posted Monday, February 08, 2010 2:39:56 AM

Fenric (2/7/2010)
Quick bump to redate the thread.

Got to make it over to Dabo Pete's in about 10 hours for the Super Bowl party... I'm sure they have Dabo girls there....

Gee I have the mother of all hangovers after celebrating my teams SuperBowl win.

Go Saints

Biggles

Post #6800
Posted Tuesday, February 09, 2010 11:27:35 PM

Bruce E (2/8/2010)
Gee I have the mother of all hangovers after celebrating my teams SuperBowl win.

Go Saints

Biggles

All of Team Fenric - including our mascot, Smitty - were equally overjoyed, if not inebriated.  Sadly, our team is not likely to return to the Super Bowl for another 40-odd years or so.

Speaking of Ol' Scratch, it was about 0800 today when he knocked on the door.  "Boss, we've got problems."  He always calls me boss whenever things are going Tango Uniform.  It must be his way of saying, "Dude, I've got nothing but bad options, so this time it's your choice."

Turns out there's massive lightning storms all over the area.    A veritable Reximus Maximus of thunderstorm cells.  (Reximus Maximii??)

End result, lots of bangs and flashes. Nary a bump in the routes, and a steady breeze straight down the runways.  Quite a silver lining for these clouds...

We vectored ourselves into the noontime airliner arrivals at WSSS 2C, Jiminy Smits had a blast calling out all the traffic - "12 o'clock. 12 o'clock. 12 o'clock."  (Like a bl**dy stopped clock trying to prove himself right a half-dozen times in a row, if you ask me.)

Then came the fun part - maneuvering ourselves around the Singapore airspace, keeping ourselves below training areas, spotting for golf courses, flying above danger zones, then settling down underneath the Tengah Corridor, and dropping like a feather onto runway 36.

Mr. Bruce, we'll see you in the bar - cold drinks, tall tales to order.

This is Team Fenric, closing Sweet and Sour flight plan #74.

-----

"Geronimo"

Post #6807
Posted Wednesday, February 10, 2010 9:17:04 AM

Congratulations Team Fenric.

If you go to the entrance to the base a "pick up taxi" (a shared cab that will stop for anybody who hails it, (including mamas with chickens going to market) Tell the driver to drop you off at Tiger Lils on Denghy Road. I'll see you there

Great flying, a man to beat obviously. Hope you enjoyed the tour!

Biggles

Post #6811
Posted Friday, February 12, 2010 4:29:35 PM

Biggles,

Part I was simply beautiful while part II was well devious in places.  Congrats to you and Ms H!!

-----

"Geronimo"

Post #6829
Posted Saturday, February 13, 2010 3:47:07 AM

Fenric (2/12/2010)
Biggles,

Part I was simply beautiful while part II was well devious in places.  Congrats to you and Ms H!!

"Why thank you kind Sir" stutters Biggles as he is overcome with unusual modesty not often seen in this heroic aviator.

"The dashing scenery is of course thanks to those Australian leg draggers (too many months attached to ball & chain during their free ship passage from Blighty to Oz all those years ago) FTX Orbx & OZx & I guess the pepper pots were all down to MS Flt Sim + various meshes"

At this point Biggles is overcome by a fit of hic ups, "Exc hic se me hic"

Takes mouthful of the amber nectar Tiger award winning lager & promptly chokes as he hic ups again.Biggles resumes his normal composure.

"One must not forget FSFlyingSchool must one, for without them this tour would not have happened. The S/L spends many hours prodding tweaking and moulding Smithy & Co into shape so that they would pour the right amount of scorn on you poor struggling aviators".

"So congratulations S/L"

Biggles turns to Ginger his trusty mechanic & dipso fac totem to remind him to get the Certificates posted  together with full results.

"Wilco" replies Ginger

"Where to next I wonder?" Biggles scratches chin with thoughtful look & gazes into the cloudless sky.

Post #6830
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

«««56789»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 1:47pm