WWT - Oles North, Central and South American, and Caribbean flights! [Concluded]

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

«««12345»»

WWT - Oles North, Central and South American,... Expand / Collapse
Author

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Leg 28:

TTPP (Piarco - Trinidad and Tobago) to TAPA (St. Johns - Antigua)

Only a quick glance at Trinidad, while the plane was being prepared for the nest flight,  and off we went again. North to St. Johns This would be quite a long flight in this small, slow machine, and while I hoped we could get out in time to make a safe landing in the wasting daylight, I was quite afraid that I would have to land i darkness again. Not at all my cup of tea, but I was hoping aginst hope...

Boy the humidity here was really bad. Bathtowels would just not dry.                                           Good thing we didnt go the the beach Smith.

I just got an idea. Ill be loaded Smith. Ill sell tumble dryers here. It´ll be the hit of the century.          You dont think so? Why not? no no Smith - an idea has to be born first...

Ah Smith, you are the master of screenshots. Straight A´s for that.                                               But this plane really is slow. Times flying faster than we are Smith.

Oh no - I knew it. Darn! Still a long way to go, and the sun it setting. Zero here I come.              Oh why did I leave my timemachine at home?

See Smith. Half an hour still, and its getting completly dark.                                                     Thank God, I see the runway. Now lets reeeeally concentrate.

Im sorry but the rest of the pics was so dark, that I was unable to see what was what. In short, we landed and that was that. Ill leave the rest to your evaluation Smith.

Landing Score:0,00 (Yep - as predicted. I´ll have to work on this issue)

Landing included the following problems:

• Distance from touchdown target (visual approach): 783 feet
  • Ballooning during landing - needs practice.

Flight Score:120,48 (But the highest flyingscore in this little baby - thats something)

Flight included the following problems:

• Airspeed too low - you are risking stalls.
  • Rapid descent - dangerous and uncomfortable.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3593
Posted Friday, March 27, 2009 2:14:53 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Leg 29:

TAPA (St. Johns - Antigua) to TNCM (St. Maarteen)

I drowned my sorrow in the only appropriate thing - Coca Cola Zeros, and plenty of them, then I cried a bit (but don´t tell anyone) and finally I slept the sleep of the innocent. Next morning thngs looked as bright as ever in the Caribbean, and my mood went skyhigh again. Off to St. Maarteen Smith, are you in or out?

Ok we have to wait for a little traffic here Smith. Smoke if you got it? Naa just kidding.                      Bug holy cow, a LOT of traffic is waiting behind us. I feel very important Smith - very!

We´re off to see the Wizard - the wonderful wizard of... St. Maarteen. oh well...                       I know I´ve said it before Smith, but why the heck don´t we live here? Its beautyful.

Whoa - this landscape could almost be from my homecountry Smith                                             Oh but this one couldn´t. Not even in my dreams.

So there is the runway to the famous St. Maarteen airport Smith. Be funny to try it out.                See the beach is just surrounding the final descend Smith. Look at all those spectators. Wave Smith

And another greeeeat landing Smith. You cannot set a finger on anything. I expect 150.            For the landing that is, the flightscore must be..... something like 135 or so. What do you say?

Landing Score:99,15 (Splendid landing again! And sub-one-hundrede? You are not my friend)

• A splendid landing!

Flight Score:101,16 (Nope Smith. We are done being friends)

• Nose held too high - spilt drinks and worried expressions.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3594
Posted Friday, March 27, 2009 2:47:18 AM

Leg 30:

TNCM (St. Maarteen) to TIST (Charlotte Amalie - St. Thomas)

Being a dane, this Island is one I just HAD to land in. The "Capitol" of the old Danish Colonies here in the Caribbean. We had St. Thomas, St. Croix, and St. Jan (John) for over 200 years, and ended up being the first to emancipate slaves in the region. In 1917 we sold the islands to the USA for pettycash - but I guess we needed the money. Today the islands are still full of danish signs.

Off we go to the spirits of my fellow Danes Smith. Please call ATC to get taxi clearence                      And ye-haaaar. Lovely place that St. Maarteen.

Take a Cessna - cross the water - Like to see Charlotte Amalie. Dosent rime huh Smith?            We should be getting close Smith. Very close.

Bingo. Charlotte Amalie airport is racing aginst us. Lets get down to greet her, shall we?                Now could we please please - for the love of God, have a good landingscore?

Still in the pipe. Lookin foxy Smith. I have an urge to scream "Bingo leader FOX TWO"                    I saw Indipendence day to many times I guess... Sorry about that Smith.

And dooooown we go. sigh - not a landing that will go down in history Im afraid.                               Anyway here we are Smith. Go look at all the Danish signs Smith. Take pictures....

- after you´ve given me my well deserved score.

Landing Score:89,75 (Of course nothing less, nothing more - Sheez)

• Good steering after landing.

• Too hard - may have damaged your landing gear.

Flight Score:105,92 (Sheeeeeeez Smith - Shame on you)

• Rough turns - your passengers spilt their drinks and have a pain in their necks.
  • Nose held too high - spilt drinks and worried expressions. (Then quit drinking Smith)

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3595
Posted Friday, March 27, 2009 3:03:12 AM

Leg 31:

TIST (Charlotte Amalie - St. Thomas) to TJSJ (San Juan - Puerto Rico)

Just a little hop to the next destination. San Juan in Puerto Rico. I have plundered this town a LOT in Sid Meiers "Pirates" back when I was young. The town was spanish, and I loved to plunder the Spanyards... but this time Ill just pop in as a visitor, and behave myself...

Goodbye Danish ex-colony. It was really nice to be here. I swear that I´ll come back.                            Little hop, as I said, to San Juan.

Puerto Rico Smith, but not the correct airport. Lets continue.                                                          A little more height here, than for a long time now. Nice to see.

- and the town surrounding the airport. Can you see the runway Smith? NO well then put that book down.    There it it! Oh we are a little askew here. Lets line up with the runway.

- thats more like it Smith. Waldorf Astoria for tonight Smith? My final treat!                                         - if you give me a fair treatment that is.

OK I did the flying, I did the landing, I did the taxiing. All you gotta do it rate me HIGH. Pleeeeeeeeease!

Landing Score:79,75 (I´ll pay you a thousand Dollars Smith - for having that exchanged with a 129.75)

• Poor glideslope on ILS approach - you can do better.

Flight Score:95,16 (Well goodbye Waldorf Astoria Smith. Have fun at the Y)

• Poor elevator control during taxi in wind - danger of flipping.
  • Poor aileron control during taxi in wind - danger of flipping.
  • Nose held too low - we're not in combat.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3596
Posted Friday, March 27, 2009 3:39:31 AM

Leg 32:

TJSJ (San Juan - Puerto Rico) to MKJS (Montego Bay - Jamaica)

The air outside our little plane was very hot, but the temperature in the cockpit was extremly low. I felt like a thousand miles was between Smith and me. The silence was so thick, you could carve it with a knife. I knew deep down inside that he was only rating me fairly, according to my flying, but still - it felt so unfair that I couldent bring myself to smile. Unfair!

But Got hates a coward, so I bravely offered Smith half of my cucomber sandwich, and to my surprise, he accepted. That kind of broke the ice, and we ended the flight by actually cracking jokes and laughing.

San Juan was a very busy place. We waited for over an hour to get clearence                                But finally we were sent on to jamaica. Looking back at the place, I once again wondered if I shouldnt have just stayed....

But the entire Island had its hights, its lows, lakes and rivers, waterfalls and all.                              Maybe its good that I dont live here, There are so many beautyful spots, so where would HERE be?

And we still had places to go, and things to do. Montego Bay was dead ahead, and I was ready.         Landinglights on, checked! flaps down checked! gear... well no gear, but I was coming in for a kill.

Touchdown. on the spot. Unfortunately I think I might have used the autopilot a little too long.         I taxiied in to a pallette of colors. Planes in all kinds of colorful paintings. You gotta love that.

Just had to throw in a couple of examples of the fantastic liveries the planes came in.                       right down to the local Air Jamaica. 

Jamaica maaan. I put on my fake rasta hair and rolled a fake joint - flipped Smith the V sign and he promptly responded by pulling his own fake rasta hair out. I guess we had shopped in the same shop in San Juan. We laughed our asses off.

But the verdict Smith. I know it was worse than bad this time. Question is - How bad?

Landing Score:23,36 (Auch - that bad. Well noone to blame but the pilot.)
Autopilot used.

• Poor alignment with runway on ILS approach - line up and stay there.
  • Not near the centre line - you can do better.

Definite room for improvement...

Flight Score:70,91 (add 50% for the AP, and we are right back where we used to be....)
Autopilot used.

• Flaps not down on time - plan your landing next time.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3597
Posted Friday, March 27, 2009 4:09:11 AM

Leg 33:

MKJS (Montego Bay - Jamaica) to MUHA (Havana - Cuba)

Only three flights now, and it will be all over. Good thing. I feel metalfatigue in every bone of my body now. A Cuban cigar, bought locally, might add some strengh to me, but what I really need now, it to get to Miami and then home to Denmark. I wanna sleep beside my wife for a long time. Havana here we come.

For some reason leaving this place was hard. I felt love and joy all around me -                           only one thing missing - my family, and that got me into the plane once again.

Over water, over land, over cities, and over countryside. All things great. I love life Smith. Love it.             And now see. Cuban airspace all around us.

Man Cuba is a long Island. But the longer we get to the west, the closer we are to Florida afterwards.          Havana ahead. keep a lookout for the airport Smith.

There! Oh yes I got it. Now I gotta make one damn good landing before this is over. Please.                 Still looking great. Threatboard totally green. It will be good. I can FEEL it.

Bang. A little hard, but still right on the marks. NOT BAD i can hear you think Smith.                          And the second parking in this plane. Hit me Smith.

I can take it. I want it.

Landing Score:101,25 (YES. Im dancing on the ceiling now.)

Flight Score:121,66 (And this one too. There really IS a beating heart in there Smith. come here and give me a kiss)

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3598
Posted Friday, March 27, 2009 4:38:47 AM

Leg 34:

MUHA (Havana - Cuba) to MYNN (Nassau - Bahamas)

Sick to the stomac of waaay to many cubans. And I dont even smoke. Still it was happy tears that sprayed out my eyes, when Smith and I crawled in to the cockpit of the Cessna 208 for the very last time. we had spent a couple of hours smoking and choking and laughing. Lots of looks we attracted, but we didnt care. Two more flights and it showed. We were lightheaded and couldent stop laughing.

Off to the Bahamas.

No Fidel or Raul in sight, but lots of others. Another crowded place, that we sneaked out of.              North for the very last time. Off to Nassau, Bahamas. As I once told you Smith. I read a book once by Desmond Bagley, called Bahama Crysis. Very very recommendable.

Cuban soil                                                                                                                                 and then water.

And before we knew it, the Bahama Islands began to creep up below us. Awesome sights               But the one we wanted was Grand Bahama - and Nassau. And here it is.

Are we a little high Smith. We might be, but dont worry, Ill get us down.                                              See, Nothing to it. Here we are.

And for once we were lucky. Daylights wasting again. Its okay though, we are safely down.               So the last night together we are going to spend here. I just need to find Robert Ichmann Smith. He is here somewhere.

Oh - could I have the scores first? Thanks.

Landing Score:79,75 (Ha! Nothing is given away for free huh Smith? never mind, its almost over)

• Too hard - may have damaged your landing gear

Flight Score:98,29 (Look at all those not-so-goods. 98 actually IS kind Smith)

• Flaps not down on time - plan your landing next time.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3599
Posted Friday, March 27, 2009 4:56:06 AM

Leg 35:

MYNN (Nassau - Bahamas) to KMIA (Miami - USA)

And so this is it. My heart feels like its going to burst. I cannot determine if I am more glad than ever in my life, being so close to finishing, or sad being so close to finishing. Bit of both I imagine. Anyway this is it. Robert Ichmann was here, along with Jeff Piston, the pilot, and they flew off  - to Miami - in the C208, and Smith and I was left with - the original plane, the one we started out with- the LearJet 45. Boy if only I can remember how to fly it. We deserted it somewhere in asia I believe. And I have no time to practise. Just get on with it said Smith. He has Ms. Aviatrix waiting in Miami, and I  - well I have the family waiting in Copenhagen later. LETS GO Smith.

One purple morning two men set out on a journey. A quest. A flight from Nassau to Miami                     Smith and I hadn´t slept much last night, so we felt as purple as the weather seemed to.

As the day came upon us, we wiped our brows and cracked a bottle of  - Coke.                                         The champagne had to wait, but it was ready.

One short flight and Miami was in sight. First time in 8 months. It was an incredible feeling.             ATC had us go around once, just for fun I believe, but it wrecked my concentration. I expect nothing less than a landingscore of 8 points

The towerpeople had heard of us, and took pictures too. We got hold of this one.                         And the very last landing is now concluded. Lets taxi her home Smith.

Parked besides an Alitalia. The perfect ending I think, flying with JoeMini, with Italian ancesters. Perfect Smith.

And the final score? will that be perfect too? I guess not.

Landing Score:53,89 (Well I guess not, but never mind. Its over - its finally done)

Flight Score:106,76 ( and at least I finished with a 100+ score - thank you Smith)

• Exceeding flap speeds - your flaps may be damaged: have them checked.
  • Sickening G forces - your passengers feel rather unwell.

And after this flight there was much rejoycing. Smith and Ms.Aviatrix saw each other when Smith was getting off the plane. They ran towards each other like Cathy and Heathcliff, and met in the middle in a kiss like in the movies. It was great. I couldnt stop seeing Aviatrix falling a pace before they met and breaking Smiths nose with her forehead, spraying blood all over, but luckily she didnt. It was very romantic, and I longed for my family even more.

Tommorow Ill take a 747 home to Denmark, and be with them.... so thats all folks.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3600
Posted Friday, March 27, 2009 5:17:32 AM

So Ladies and Gentlemen. That was that.

It was easy huh?

NO it wasent. it was long, it was hard, sometimes I was on the verge of giving up, but now that its done, its just an incredible feeling. I have flown around the globe. something a lot of flightsimmers want to do, but not many get around to doing I think. But Joe and I did it.

Final scoringtable and last summery will appear her tonight. Thanks for watching.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3602
Posted Friday, March 27, 2009 5:18:22 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 3:40:27 AM
Ole:

You did it! My goodness - this is amazing.

Such dedication - such relentless maintenance of aim...

Are you ready for the next mission where you fly, in real-time, a modified Apollo 8 mission and orbit Mars?

Finally - all I can say, on behalf of Mr Smith and the team is, without doubt:
"No room for improvement".

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #3603
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

«««12345»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 9:44pm