WWT - Oles North, Central and South American, and Caribbean flights! [Concluded]

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

««12345»»»

WWT - Oles North, Central and South American,... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Friday, February 27, 2009 3:16:42 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Leg 11:

MGGT (Guatemala City - Guatemala) to MNMG (Managua - Nicaragua)

I have a friend who, when she was young, went to south America for about a year. She send me rapports of how life was in the different places, and even if its over 20 years ago, I still remember Managua the most. Dosent matter what she wrote me, but the thought of heading to Managua, kind of exites me, so this is a flight that I have been looking forward to. Smith - lets hit it.

Adios Guatemala. Hello Nicaragua. Jamie Oliver once cooked here I believe                       .       Cool looking part of middle America. Lets just proceed Smith.

Could you turn off the landinglights Smith? I think I have strained my wrist...                                  Thank you! Now only one way to go - south.

Coastline again. I think I have a tendency to follow coastlines when I make the flight plans.          But its kind of reassuring to have the water to look at, and land to land on...

OK Flight 2 heavy, coming in - ready or not.                                                                                     Think we can stop before that first exit Smith? Wanna try?

AAARH - almost Smith - Almost! he he. now lets get serious. Tower - taxiinstructions please.            Well that´s that Smith. Im off to explore Managua - see you later.

What? Numbers? Oh yes - right! Lets hear it.

Landing Score:122,65 (one-two-two point six-five AGAIN? you just making it up Smith?)

Landing included the following problems:

• Too hard - may have damaged your landing gear.

Definite room for improvement...

Flight Score:138,95 (And this one is okay for now - Thx Smith)

Flight included the following problems:

• Airspeed too low - you are risking stalls.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3459
Posted Friday, February 27, 2009 3:22:45 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Ole:

As always - a great story and great pictures!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #3460
Posted Friday, February 27, 2009 3:33:29 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Leg 12:

MNMG (Managua - Nicaragua) to MROC (San Jose - Costa Rica)

20 years is a long time. Nothing much to remind me of anything. Just a hype. Jamie Oliver went upstate and me - I´ll just head south. to Costa Rica.

Everything is manana here. the plane beside us, was still there when we took off next day.                 Smith made friends with a tower woman again - and got this shot faxed out.

Airborne! Look Smith that plane is taking off too. Following us you think? CIA maybe?                        Well lets see if they can catch us. Flight 2 heavy on the run.

Lots of diverse scenery here. Oceans lakes, hillsides, farmland....                                                   never ending great looking ground. Makes me glad to live on Earth.

San Jose ladies and.... well just lady.                                                                                             Made it before darkness. Thank God Smith. I hate dark landings.

Yaaaaawn. Well Smith. I dont know about you, but I´m pooped. Need a rest.                                  See you tommorow. Ill just sleep right here in the pilots seat.

- after the points of course.

Landing Score:112,65 (*sigh* once again! Will I ever learn?)

• Poor glideslope on ILS approach - you can do better.

Flight Score:137,22 (Thank you Smith - Thank you)

• Steep banking - save your aerobatic flying for some other time.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3461
Posted Friday, February 27, 2009 2:09:27 PM

Leg 13:

MROC (San Jose - Costa Rica) to MPTO (Panama City - Panama)

Further down to Panama. Hope to get a glimpse of the Panama Canal. I have read about it, but not seen it ever, so It will be cool to spot.

Hey Smith. See that little house to the left? Maybe I should buy that and live here.                                 Naa wont work. The commute would kill me. Lets hit it.

Turn off the light Smith. You dont pay the electric bill around here do you?                                     Thanks. Just kidding. See that town there? Looks like Australia upside down!

Alright Panama must be very close now. You look left and me right, to see the Canal.                        THERE IT IS! Whoo Smith Awesome! Handmade a hundred years ago. Cool beanz.

And the runway in sight. Dont know why, but I get nervous on every landing these days.                   NO Smith. It wasent a tailstrike. Only close. Dont say it was.

Good that we called in early for a parking space. Place looks quite crowded.                                            But here we are. Lets get a closer look at that Panama Canal. Wanna come Smith?

Of course - after the score. Remember NO tailstrike. OK I´m ready

Landing Score:110,00 (Not near the centerline? I must disagree Smith. Its all a matter of perspective)

• Not near the centre line - you can do better.

Flight Score:135,67 (When will this improve? It really is frustrating)

• Rapid descent - dangerous and uncomfortable.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3465
Posted Friday, February 27, 2009 2:36:43 PM

Leg 14:

MPTO (Panama City - Panama) to SKBO (Bogota - Colombia)

Panama Canal was really interesting to watch. A few hours there and loads of Coffee, and finally Im ready to move on to a challenge. Bogota. the highest landing in the WWT. Or that was the case, until Joe and I decided that we would include La Paz a little later, and that one is considerably higher. But apart from that, its the highest. 8360 feet ASL. And to think that the highest spot in Denmark is about 168 feet. Or meters.... Whatever - not much compared.

Hey nice airport. I like those gates with planes all around. Looks cool and works great.                           And one hundred miles of taxiways. Why dont we just drive the entire way?

And only one runway. Well what the heck - it works! Where are we going now Smith?                       Thats right - Bogota! Highway to.. oh sorry. didnt mean to swear.

Whoo Smith. Look at that plateau! What a sighting for an airport. Bugger off Kastrup. This rocks.                    God damn man. Wish the descent could last forever. Hope you are taking some good pics man.

Now if only I could make this a good score as well, then I would have had the perfect day.                       Looking good so far. Lets keep this up Ole.

Im sure this will grant me the first plus one-forty landing Score Smith. Do your math.                              See? Still level and straight. I am telling you...

Hey you big chunk! Stay out of the way. My space here.                                                               Lets mingle Smith. Strawberry Daiquiri Smith?

Verdict?

Landing Score:116,65 (#&¤&%#?#¤#"&¤%#)

Flight Score:133,45 (you too)

• Narrowly missed tail strike - watch your pitch: this could have been bad.
  • Nose held too low - we're not in combat.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3466
Posted Saturday, February 28, 2009 6:20:24 AM

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:31:09 AM
Awesome stories Ole....

Your wit and humor crack me up.  My posts will be coming soon!

Joe Mini

President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC. 
"If we get you to your destination in one piece, it's a miracle"  

Post #3467
Posted Monday, March 02, 2009 4:23:30 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
I agree with Joe - great stories and funny too. Ole should have his own TV channel...

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #3515
Posted Monday, March 23, 2009 2:57:50 PM

Leg 15:

SKBO (Bogota - Colombia) to SPIM (Lima - Peru)

Well. Smith and I had a few Strawberry Daiquiris last night, and counted hours ´till we were able to fly again. And now we head on south again, to Peru. Reminds me of Tintin and the suntemple. I like the Tintin albums and -cartoons. Great fun. But for now its just me and Smitty. Shall we Smith?

Hey look Smith! Iberia airways. and that yellow one in the back. diversity´s the game here.      But lets get underway. We need to get south, so we can get north again...

Man they have cities here that makes Copenhagen seem like a small town.... Rats man.                 and see Smith. Another coastline for me to follow.

What was that Smith? Sorry I was just chatting with a nice lady on the ATC. Landings just ahead.       There´s the runway. Lets get down there.

And BAM! Right on the spot - or almost atleast. Quit looking at me like that Smith.                         Darn guy thinks he´s right all the time... Sheez

Ok time for dinner. God Im starving. You with me Smith? Just take her to B5                                Its right there to the left. yes there...

Smith my main man. Give me your best...

Landing Score:118,85 (Sigh! new controls just killing me)

Flight Score:149,02 (Well - at least thats ok. Thank you Smith)

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3578
Posted Monday, March 23, 2009 3:44:12 PM

Leg 16:

SPIM (Lima - Peru) to SLLP (La Paz - Bolivia)

So its another record ahead. We are now heading for La Paz. the highest airport in the entire WWT. Located at more than 13.000 feet, it will be a difficult landing, as the air is a lot thinner, making the lift worse and the break power also. But God hates a coward, so lets get up there...

Will you call ATC for taxi clearence Smith? Thanks. Lets get up to La Paz.                                  OK We are cleared for take-off. Should we Smith? or just park here and block the place?

Beautyful airport. I like that Smith. You? NO? why not? Oh - I see. of course - sorry.                 But this looks great. quiet and nice. Take a snap Smith.

Oh rats Smith. Bad weather. Clouds and fog ahead.                                                            Good thing we have our fog-headlights on. I see the runway clearly.

Coming straight in. Looking foxy. Get the speed down now - Not an easy task up here.                And just down now. We are in the pipe.

Nice landing huh Smith? I really think thats worth a point or two.                                                   Hey see that? twin planes! LOL

But no more fun Smith. I want a good one - I deserve it in these conditions. 13.000 feet Smith.

Landing Score:130,84 (I know I should be sorry, but Im actually quite happy for that one)

Flight Score:141,35 (and another 140+ - (sigh of relief))

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3579
Posted Monday, March 23, 2009 4:05:31 PM

Leg 17:

SLLP (La Paz - Bolivia) to SCEL (Santiago - Chile)

OK Smith. We made it to the top of the WWT. But I hear that the take offs in thin air, is much harder than the landings, so I dredd this one. Why dont we just get it overwith, and get to Chili - no sorry - Chile?

LAB? what is that airline Smith? Dont know? well find out please.  Now lets get out of here.      Uuuuuuuup and awaaaaaaaay - whoa its hard to get in the air.....

And bad viz too. Darn                                                                                                                     But nice mountains. Smith? SMITH? where the beep is my coffee mug? - WHAT? A spider?

I would have kicked you Smith, but Santiago is ahead, so youre off this time.                               See the runway Smith. Now get the spider out of my mug and bring me coffee.

Looking very very good Smith. I have a good feeling about this.                                                   LAN? Lets have a LAN party in there Smith! ROFL

Hit me Smith. Hard!

Landing Score:134,80 (So give me points that show it - please)

A splendid landing!

Flight Score:141,77 (another 140 plus - I like it)

• Narrowly missed tail strike - watch your pitch: this could have been bad.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3580
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

««12345»»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 4:18am