WWT - Oles North, Central and South American, and Caribbean flights! [Concluded]

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

«««12345»»»

WWT - Oles North, Central and South American,... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, March 24, 2009 2:52:05 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Leg 18:

SCEL (Santiago - Chile) to SFAL (Stanley - Falkland Islands)

Whoa Smith. What a ride! La Paz was just a tad to high for me. Almost made a tailstrike, cause I had to pitch up to much in order to get up - but ok we made it, and now we head on the most south we are going to now, To the Falkland Islands - just to see it. Come on Smith. Its time for a long haul.

So here we are Smith. All fuelled up, and ready to go. After this flight its north again - for the last time.   Tower! We are ready. Can we please go now?

Yessiree. Way to go Ole. Smooth take off. Lets keep it that way.                                                  See Smith - no not the window. The drawing I made of you. Hilarious isnt it?

South Americas eastern coastline. Now its water all the way to the Falklands Smith.                  Enough Fuel? checked! enough coffee? WHAT? You kidding right?

Alright! Port Stanley to the left Smith. Lets get down there.                                                          Not much longer. Dammit I could have used that coffee now.

I cannot imagine why the Brits started a war over this place. But I hope the coffee is good -           and cheap. Im almost out of cash. Well nothing to buy here anyway. Can we go back please?

But first - the numbers Smith - as always.

Landing Score:108,65 (one-oh-eight-point-sixty-five? I hang my head in shame soon)

Landing included the following problems:

• Too hard - may have damaged your landing gear.

Flight Score:142,88 (and yet another flightscore just high enough to make me smile again - for no reason)

Flight included the following problems:

• Airspeed too low - you are risking stalls.
  • Rapid descent - dangerous and uncomfortable.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3582
Posted Tuesday, March 24, 2009 3:04:50 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Leg 19:

SFAL (Stanley - Falkland Islands) to SABE (Buenos Aires - Argentina)

Well Smith - thats was about all the south I can take. Now we head our plane on to 000 degrees, and set course for Miami, with a few stops along the way of course, but still, we head North Smith. North!

Well this really looks like a deserted place Smith. Lets get back to the mainland.                              Stanley tower - we are leaving. Have fun there.

Hey nice ending of the island. Looks really cool. Should have walked down there to see it Smith.           But! Now its just water again. But the light is different, going North.

It really looks different. We have been heading south since we came in from Anadyr - Russia - so no wonder.            But hey - Time flies when you are having fun. Buenos Aires - here we come.

Another fine landing you brought me into Smith.... Gotta give me something for that one.                   Argentinean coffee. My Creditcard will glow now. See you later Smith.

What? Oh yes of course - the verdict. What say you my good man?

Landing Score:122,95 (HA - a splendid landing! then why not a splendid score?)

A splendid landing!

Flight Score:145,66 (yea 145 plus - improvement - slightly)

• Nose held too low - we're not in combat.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3583
Posted Tuesday, March 24, 2009 3:06:16 PM

Leg 20:

SABE (Buenos Aires - Argentina) to SGAS (Asuncion - Paraguay)

North Smith. North! Only one way to go. I am getting a little tired and want to get down the road, so lets get further North. To Paraguay.

Quite an urban spot here. Buenos Aires is a big place. And we never have time to check it out.                              Coool. pic Smith. yet another babe in the tower?

See what I mean Smith? The light is different? I should paint it. Hand me the paintbrush Please!         Flying the plane? Cant you do that? We had hundreds of flights together now.

Rats Smith. Daylights wasting. And my paiting is still wet. Well I gotta see this.                                   LOOK man. Setting sun. Whoa what a sight - Good that you put the lights on.

Dark landings and me - bad combination. Might just as well write out a low number there Smith.             Sweaty hands and a heart that beats like a rabbit. This can only go wrong.

Well we got down - not a fine landing, but at least we are still alive.                                                 Think we can find our way to the gate Smith? I need a good nights sleep in a real bed - at whatever cost.

But of course - first You gotta rate this flight. Dont worry - I know, so I wont freak out.

Landing Score:53,00 (Nothing to say - I know it was bad, but at least  I got a score)

• Poor glideslope on visual approach - you can do better.

Flight Score:139,62 (And below 140. God I miss my X-52 controllers from Saitek)

• Rapid descent - dangerous and uncomfortable

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3584
Posted Wednesday, March 25, 2009 2:48:49 PM

Leg 21:

SBAS (Asuncion - Paragauy) to SBGR (Sao Paolo - Brazil)

Now we have to head east towards the coast - To Sao Paolo. Be good to swim in the Atlantic ocean for a change. Smith looks like he could do with a bath, after all this time in the cockpit with me, so we were eager to get on with the tour.

Everything was television blue as we yawned and got ready for an early morning flight.               Even in the air, I had to restrain an urge to sing "I´m Blue - la be di la be dai"

I dont know if its the new flight controls or my skills as a pilot that had gotten down -            or if Smith was getting really tired of spending time with me - doing time with me one could say.

But the cockpit chatter with Smith was not what it used to be. Luckily daylight crept in          And the coast was closing in on us. Perhaps I should buy Smith some flowers?

But eventually we landed the plane in Sao Paolo, and rolled slowly down the taxiway.                   And ended up besides that great 747. Most beautyful plane in the world

Not many words from you Smith. That should be good I guess, but I miss your crankiness... Lets have it Smith.

Landing Score:137,19 (Now thats more like it - thanks)

• Throttle(s) forward - should be idle.

Flight Score:125,17 (and then this one is bad.... sigh)

• Dangerous taxiing turns - these cause discomfort and stress.
  • Nose held too low - we're not in combat..

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3585
Posted Wednesday, March 25, 2009 3:19:28 PM

Leg 22:

SBGR (Sao Paolo - Brazil) to SBBR (Brasilia - Brazil)

Once again we head north. Inland this time, in to the jungle of Brazil. Perhaps we should stay a week and explore the migthy jungle there, but I doubt it. Once we have slept a while, we are both eager to get on with it. We are getting so close to heading home to our families after such a long time, so.... But lets see.

I was wondering Smith - how much fuel do you think we have burned up these 7½ months?                 No idea? Well we could calculate on it. Remind me later. I just got taxi clearence.

And away we gooooooo - just like that song in "Grease" remember that one Smith?                       The one by that creepy guy at the highschool dance. Yuck!

This should have been called Greenland - right Smith?  Yea I know - Im hilarious.                           Now lets see - there should be an airport around here....

OK - we are about to land. Waaaay over there Smith, see eleven o´clock.                                          And down safe. Call the gate over here Smith. Dinner time.

Ahem... after the usual numeric discussion. Lay it on me.

Landing Score:107,65 (Jesus Christ - what a mess)

• Poor glideslope on ILS approach - you can do better.
  • Without spoilers armed - arm them before landing.

Flight Score:127,37 (and another one - I give up Smith. I give up)

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3586
Posted Wednesday, March 25, 2009 3:32:25 PM

Leg 23:

SBBR (Brasilia - Brazil) to SBTE (Terasina - Brazil)

Boy Brazil is a huge country. Takes several stops to get past. So now we head on to a place I have never even heard about. Terasina. Sounds like a Cake. "Would you like a little more Terasina dear?"

As I predicted - no weeklong stop here. We just wanna get on with it, so a tankfull and off we head.      Tower! We are ready at runway 23. could we go please? Thanks!

You know Smith. Ive been thinking we cannot fly the Caribbean in a 737. not what we agreed with Joe.             Do you have Robert Ichmanns faxnumber? Good. Hand it over please.

Oh oh. Runway dead ahead. Almost north this time. Man I like that. Closing in on Miami.                   OK tower, we are coming in, like it or not.

I know Smith, I know. Not the best landing, but then again only one is.                                             Not a busy airport huh? Looks like we are the only one. Weird.

Anyway - that will only mean that we dont have to stand in line in the café. We´re heading for biscuits

Landing Score:109,65 (Why on earth not more? Pleeeeeeease!)

• Not near the centre line - you can do better.

Flight Score:137,31 (who cares)

• Dangerous taxiing turns - these cause discomfort and stress.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3587
Posted Wednesday, March 25, 2009 3:46:09 PM

Leg 24:

SBTE (Terasina - Brazil) to SOCA (Cayenne - French Guiana)

OK this was Brazil. Now its the city of Cayenne - a burning hot city if we should go by the name. Lets find out Smith - shall we?

Lets get out of this deserted place. Reminds me of Stephen Kings "The Langoliers". Creepy.               Good to be underway again. and the thought of landing in the middle of Cayenne kind of makes me a little hot...

By the way Smith. I faxed Robert Ichman yesterday. He is going to be in Caracas to greet us.              Then weel see what we can agree on. I suggested a Cessna 208 Caravan for the Caribbean.

Its a quite steady plane, although its small - and Robert agreed, so I think thats the one.                    But not for this flight or the next. Its both 737.

Looks very very green here. think a runway is hidden somewhere. GPS says were close.                There it is! Whoa just a little strip made up for the airport.

Oh good Smith. We made another leg. Lets just park the plane shall we?                                             Now this is a busy airport. A lot more to look at. Great.

Smith? Now please!

Landing Score:139,34 (YES! Thank you. I knew it was better, but still ... Thanks)

• A splendid landing!

Flight Score:137,63 (Just like in the old times. cool)

• Narrowly missed tail strike - watch your pitch: this could have been bad.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3588
Posted Wednesday, March 25, 2009 3:53:02 PM

Leg 25:

SOCA (Cayenne - French Guiana) to SVMI (Caracas - Venezuela)

Alright Smith. Last friggin stop in South America is just one flight away. So lets do it.

Just me Smith - preparing the plane for the flight.                                                                 While I wait in line among all these planes.

Not that I dont Like Cayenne, but still I just wanna go on. Ready Smith? You look tired.                      Caracas here we come. heading for the Caribbean.

Jungle gets boring to look at too. No matter how exciting it looks in the beginning... sad really.         Now lets see. We are going...... North!

Hey cool airport. Looks almost like Maderia from here.                                                                      Thats us Smith. We gotta mind the houses there....

From where Im sitting it looks like We made a - fair landing. what do you say Smith?                          Anyway, there is that World Travel 747 again. I cannot rule out CIA here Smith. I worry.

But the verdict?

Landing Score:112,65 (Arh for crying out loud!)

• Poor glideslope on ILS approach - you can do better.

Flight Score:134,66 (someone hates me - couldent say who, but someone does)

• Sickening G forces - your passengers feel rather unwell.
  • Poor steering during takeoff - stay in the centre of the runway.
  • Dangerous stalls - don't let that happen again.
  • Narrowly missed tail strike - watch your pitch: this could have been bad.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3589
Posted Thursday, March 26, 2009 1:28:59 PM

Leg 26:

SVMI (Caracas - Venezuela) to SVMG (Porlamar - Isla Margerita)

The last continent done. Now its the mythical Caribbean that awaits Smith and me. Joe and I have been waiting for this part ever since we started out nearly 8 months ago. I for my part am thrilled that it will be done on my new computer, so I can post some decent pictures, instead of the ones on my old one.

I had a long talk with Robert Ichmann the other day, and when we arrived in Caracas, Ichmann was there personally to show us the brand new Cessna 208 caravan, that he had for us, just as I had asked. We also agreed that this one is the plane to fly all the rest of the way, except for one - the last leg. That one will be done in a different plane, so Robert Ichmanns pilot Jeff Piston, would meet us again, in Nassau, when we were ready and there.

But for now its the Caribbean ahead. Isla Margerita to begin with. Saddle up Apone.

Oh man we are small Smith, compared to that Airbus. Thats a plane we havent tried yet.             Nearly forgotten how to drive such a small piston thing Smith. But we will find out.

Beautyful see beneath us, and behold Smith the South American coastline. Wave to it, You´ll never see it again.              Oh of course Smith. You can take a picture of it. Nice new feature with the wingcam.

Not much to see of the Caribbean, when its so foggy, Smith do something.                                  Aah much better. Descending! Why didnt I think of that? You are a genious Smith.

And see Smith - if you can see out through that gigantic Salami sanwich - Porlamar!                Now let me do a good landing. Non-IlS and this small whisker. Please say a prayer Smith.

Well that wasent half bad, was it Smith? And the good thing is that its a lot easier to get a good parking spot in such a small plane. This could be a funny part Smith.

Unless of course... but we shall see. What say you Smith?

Landing Score:86,25 (Whoa - was this average in the small ones Smith? or do I suck worse than ever?)

• Poor alignment with runway on visual approach - line up and stay there.

Flight Score:103,52 (Well I remember that everything above 100 was great once. )

• Rough turns - your passengers spilt their drinks and have a pain in their necks.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3591
Posted Thursday, March 26, 2009 2:22:30 PM

Leg 27:

SVMG (Porlarmar - Isla Margerita) to TTPP (Piarco - Trinidad and Tobago)

Oh Isla Margerita. Smith and I spent a day here. I visited the Margerita Village, a holiday resort where I stayed with my wife in ´98. Drank a lot of the local rum, poured in cool coconuts. Great but dangerous.

But one day is plenty, as we still need to push on to make it to Miami before April 1.  Smith! let go of that Coconut, and lets move. Vamos!

Adios Margerita, but not Goodbye. I expect to see you again.                                               OK Smith. Off to the east this time. Trinidad ahead.

Aha Smith you really like that wingcam huh? well its cool with me.                                                  Oh Trinidad, we are coming for you.

What a cool place. Just imaging Smith - People are living here - they must be happy all over.           And the weather turns ugly again. Clear up please - clear up.

Airport ahead. Visibility really bad Smith. You didnt remember your x-ray goggles Smith? did you?       Blind luck or lust lucky blind, we made it. Now if I can only get this rustbucket down in one piece.

Cool - fine landing if you ask me, but I guess you dont. You already have an opinion right?               Now this is what we got - a nice little parkingspot out here by ourselves.

200 points right Smith?

Landing Score:96,04 ( A splendid landing - and 96 pts. I just dont get it - I dont)

• A splendid landing!

Flight Score:113,00 (Remember its a small one engine Ole - remember that)

• Nose held too high - spilt drinks and worried expressions.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3592
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

«««12345»»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 8:59pm