Configuration issues

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Configuration issues Expand / Collapse
Author
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, May 13, 2012 8:56:24 PM
G,day

I downloaded the trial version of FS Instant Approach hoping it was what I wanted to be able to take screenshots of various aircraft approching landing strips etc.

It looks good but unfortunately I can't get it to function. After loading the latest FSUIPC and following the starting instructions for KORD there is nothing indicated on the screen before during or after to allow me to start the program.  

My system is as follows..... Win 7 Home,Intel dual 3.16GHz, 4GB RAM, 64Bit system, NVidea GeForce 460 (Slightly over clocked ). FSX is FSX+ACCELERATION with REX and FTX AU added. Hope this helps

I would appreciate some advice as this looks just the program I want.

My thanks in advance..Alan

Post #9795
Posted Sunday, May 13, 2012 1:28:56 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi Alan:

Thanks for your interest in FSIA!

I think I can help.

The opening screen of the program contains instructions and there is also a button on the screen in FSIA which is always present which offers to display the program manual.

The opening screen instructions are below.

I am glad you are trying the free demo as the role of the program is to help the pilot get set up on approach to any runway in the world, after which they return to FSX or FS2004 and fly the approach themselves. Please make sure you are happy with the program function before any consideration of purchase!

If you want to just watch the aircraft fly the approach, you can potentially have very good results if you configure the aircraft yourself with the AP engaged and in Approach mode (if available) to and ILS landing - and especially if the aircraft has an autoland feature, but you will need to try that yourself with the demo and see what you think.

Here are the instructions from the opening screen...

* TIP! Most buttons and Windows controls in FS Instant Approach have helpful tool tips which appear when you hover your mouse over them!

* To get started...

* Create or load a flight in Flight Simulator

* Get into your aircraft and start the engines

* While Flight Simulator is still running...

* Launch FS Instant Approach and press the [Flight Plan] button, enter your airport, click the [Approach Airport] button, choose your runway etc and turn on the [Start] checkbox

* Press FS Instant Approach's [Connect] Button

* Return to Flight Simulator (using Alt TAB or whichever method you prefer)

* Enjoy your flight with FS Instant Approach!

* Read the Manual

Good luck with your project!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #9796
Posted Sunday, May 13, 2012 9:00:14 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, May 13, 2012 8:56:24 PM
Thanks mate...at least I know everything is installed and running as it should.

Putting the Full Screen mode into small screen [ALT+ENTER]  gives me a chance at getting at the FSIA icon on the desktop and from there I can program it EXCEPT for the life of me I can't find any checkbox on the FSIA screen marked [Start] only the [Connect] panel.

Firing it up it after using [Connect] sets the flight to the selected position at KORD but the aircraft plunges to the ground even when AutoPilot is disconnected..

I set Auto Pilot and settings as per norm before each flight.

I am sorry to bother you on what is perhaps a very silly question but hope you can help.

My best to you......Mobus

Post #9809
Posted Monday, May 14, 2012 1:29:56 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi -

At the flight plan screen of FSIA the "start" checkbox is immediately beneath the "ICAO Code" label to the right of the airport code input text box.

As to the plane falling to the ground this could be the case if you did not...

" Get into your aircraft and start the engines"

or if the initial speed setting indicated in the FSIA program where it says "flying at:" [ ] "Kts."

is not sufficient.

You could try say 80 Kts for a c172 to keep it simple while starting out, 3 miles out from KGRB runway 06.

And please make sure the autopilot is off during this initial test until you get familiar with what to expect.

Some folks have had the AP on and attributed all kinds of unusual behaviour to FSIA when it was really the AP that was "making the plane circle the airport" and similar adventures...

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #9813
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 4:38pm