VOX ATC & FSFS an awsome combination!

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

««123»»

VOX ATC & FSFS an awsome combination! Expand / Collapse
Author
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Thursday, October 18, 2007 4:01:56 PM
...and i may have to have a closer inspection of VoxAtc!

You'll find RC here:

http://www.jdtllc.com/

I should point out that RC does not control ground traffic either...which is infuriating at times, although i believe the team there are looking into it. MS's own ATC does so it must be possible.

I should further point out that RC isn't downloadable...only available on CD.

Flood

Post #817
Posted Sunday, June 10, 2007 10:40:45 PM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Last Login: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 11:34:19 PM
Thanks for the link!

It does look interesting indeed. Which flight planner are you using (with FSX)?

I find the flight planner works OK but is a bit cumbersome if you want to add sids or stars.

Regards

Alfred

Post #818
Posted Monday, June 11, 2007 12:58:46 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Guys:

As a side note - I've used Voice Buddy in my time - my favorite trick was to entertain my kids with a procedure whereby I spoke the first part of a joke and VB delivered (spoke) the punch line.

Yeah - I should get out more...

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #820
Posted Tuesday, June 12, 2007 1:34:18 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

Hi SL!

Just checking in to find out what wonderful goodies you are cooking up for the next version of FSFS.

Not to say that I am unhappy with FSFS....just the opposite, the more I get to know it the more I like it....

Just finding out what else I can look forward to....or is it too early to ask such impertinent questions....??

RC sounds very interesting. I really would like to hear from someone who used both VOX ATC and RC just to see how they compare in the real world.

Keep in touch and God bless

Alfred

Post #824
Posted Tuesday, June 12, 2007 3:56:42 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

Hi Rapture,

I have tried VoxAtc now for FSX and you're right it does control ground traffic (provided you slide your traffic settings to zero) and does it very well.

I did however find problems with it keeping track of me the further into the flight i got, and for some reason it did not vector me to land at the scheduled airport (kind of forgot all about me!).

RC on the other hand tracks you throughout flight, you can assign your co-pilot to take care of the radios and it has a plethora of voices which sound better (but still slightly robotic) than the paltry 4 voices of Vox.

The only downside of RC is the inability to control ground traffic.

Hope this helps.

Flood 

Post #825
Posted Tuesday, June 12, 2007 4:52:07 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Rapture:

What are we up to? Here are some of the things that have been developed in the lab, which will be released, as they finish testing, into the next version(s).

Pre-flight briefing
Instructor prepares a detailed written analysis of how the pilot is performing over time, drawing attention to skills that the pilot needs to improve, is improving or indeed has mastered.

New Instructors
Fame and fortune has attracted more talent from the world of virtual CFIs. Which, erm, basically means you'll be getting some more voices...

Emergency Radio Procedures
Compliments from the instructor from the correct use of radio and transponder in an emergency and criticism when used incorrectly.

Failures Increase Points
Right now failures are a challenge, but have yet to be worked into the scoring system - this is coming.

NAV Radio Tuned To...
The instructors, despite being unnerved by all the failures occurring in those awful aircraft the pilot insists on flying, will soon become even more helpful by announcing which specific runway’s ILS we’re tuned to: it all helps.

Monitoring Correct Use of Lights
Pilots are going to need to operate their lights correctly if they want to keep
those instructors happy - and you know what they’re like...

Runup Procedures
Don't forget that engine runup before take off.

Autopilot Systems Failures
As if parts instruments, switches, gear, flaps and other systems weren't enough, now it's time to start doubting the autopilot and all its components. What's up with the Heading-Hold...?

Flight Plan Progress Feedback
Your instructor will be keeping you informed with lots more information as you progress through your flight plan.

Now then - in order to do more - we need ideas and we need YOUR ideas too!

Keep 'em comin'!
Don't limit them to BIG changes, such as "Can FSFS teach me all about SIDs and STARs in a series of detailed lessons?", but rather let us know about the little things you'd like to change or see added as well!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #826
Posted Thursday, June 14, 2007 2:56:46 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

Hi SL!

Something weird happened after I installed the latest Aircraft files. I wanted to make sure my SF 260 Marchetti is being recognized properly.After installation all my records so far where gone...(not much of a loss, they where pretty bad) and It can not recognize the SF Marchetti any more ( I fly the left seat version if that makes any difference) Default planes are OK. I tried to set it up as user aircraft as per instruction video....and it does not let me save the data...and still does not recognize it when I try to fly it after inserting the data...?

Is there a way that you could extract the date from FSX direct so you can do away with this cumbersome setup structure?

Anything I can help you with to find out what triggers this?

Regards and God bless

Alfred

P.S : Your feature list looks impressive...I hope we can get this bugger running for me

Post #839
Posted Thursday, June 14, 2007 4:03:34 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Rapture:

>> Something weird happened after I installed the latest Aircraft files. I wanted to make sure my SF 260 Marchetti is being recognized properly.After installation all my records so far where gone...(not much of a loss, they where pretty bad) and It can not recognize the SF Marchetti any more ( I fly the left seat version if that makes any difference)

I am just trying to follow along - I take you to mean that you installed FSFS rather than just updated the files in the aircraft folder?

>>  Default planes are OK. I tried to set it up as user aircraft as per instruction video....and it does not let me save the data...and still does not recognize it when I try to fly it after inserting the data...?

Did you have the plane you wanted loaded onto a runway in FS at that time? Just making sure - the key point is that the aircraft you want to use must be loaded into FS and must have already been 'rejected' by FSFS as 'unknown' before you start typing your data into the aircraft page in FSFS.
Also - the 'User Specified Data' radio button must be selected.
If this is done, you should have a working 'save user data' button.

>> Is there a way that you could extract the date from FSX direct so you can do away with this cumbersome setup structure?

The data available to us from FS2004 and FSX is incomplete. Some of the data at the aircraft page is available sometimes, but some of it is never available. We always read what is always reliably available, such as aircraft weight, taildragger, VNE etc.

>> Anything I can help you with to find out what triggers this?

I think the problem you encountered relates to what has to be done to get the 'save user data' button to work...?  I confess that perhaps the manual and the video need to be reviewed to make this clearer or more complete.

Thanks as always for the input!

>> P.S : Your feature list looks impressive...

That's the idea! We expect to get these out over the next version or two. But - once again - we are hunger for ideas from users! Large or small - keep 'em comin'!

>> I hope we can get this bugger running for me

Let me know if my comments on how to do it yourself helped.

Also - to use the FSR file from us - make sure that the file name of the .FSR file and folder name that the plane is in are * exactly * the same.

Post #840
Posted Thursday, June 14, 2007 5:16:13 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

Hi all,

This sounds like exactly the same problem i've been having (mentioned in a previous post)...i already have the top slot in the circuits table with the left seat Marchetti but now FSFS doesn't recognise it and won't let me compile a seperate FSU.

Flood

Post #841
Posted Thursday, June 14, 2007 5:31:10 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Flood:

>> Despite having posted the top 2 circuit scores (get that Eric?) with the left seat Marchetti it would seem that FSFS no longer recognises this aircraft. Actually i'm surprised it ever did since it has a seperate folder (RealAir SF-260 Left Seat) and there is no FSR of that name.
Anyway being well aware of the process i set about making the FSU...unfortunately FSFS won't let me. I just get the greyed out 8's on the data page. Any ideas?

It appears a resolution to this one is rather overdue!

I'll have to go back to basics on this one. Can you give me the name of the folder the aircraft is in that you are having the problem with - is it literally "RealAir SF-260 Left Seat"?

Do have other versions of this aircraft installed? If so in what folders?

Can you upload the FSR file you are using to the forum?

Can you upload a screenshot of the entire PC screen where you cannot input the data to create your own FSU?

Are you able to create FSUs for other aircraft?

Lot of things I know - please answer as much as you have time for and I'll press on from there.

Post #842
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

««123»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 6:00am