FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

123»»»

VOX ATC & FSFS an awsome combination! Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, June 07, 2007 1:38:37 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Tuesday, December 09, 2008 11:34:19 PM
Hi Squadronleader and fellow members!

Just letting you know that this is an awesome combination!    I am also beta testing VAC voice commands for Vista ( http://www.dwvac.com/ ) it works great also.

Looks like exciting times ahead (and judging from my bitching Flight Instructors comments a lot of training also).

Regards and God bless

Alfred

Post #803
Posted Thursday, June 07, 2007 5:27:55 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Rapture:

Thanks for the kind words about FSFS!

So - how are you getting along with VAC? Are you enjoying its performance with FSFS?

Sounds like a great idea and a really cool way to let FSFS know when you want to fly a circuit, have an airmanship test, or change flight modes...

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #804
Posted Friday, June 08, 2007 5:04:47 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

VAC works great. I was able to set it up so it STOPS listening the moment you press the Push to talk Button for VOX ATC.

I isolated the FSFS commands for VAC by prefixing them with FS Flying school "advance Flight Mode". That gives me a 100% recognition and NO interference with VOX.

As both programs use the same flight plan from FSX there is no conflict....as long as you fly ILS approaches or set up your own approach file in FSFS.

I am sure you are having quit a few ideas about that already??!!!

All the best and keep up the GREAT WORK

Alfred

Post #807
Posted Friday, June 08, 2007 6:01:41 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Rapture:

Sounds like a great set up - hmmmmm.... VAC sounds very interesting

I will be looking at this in a great deal more detail...

We encourage users to set up their yoke or joystick or whatever they have available to fire off the FSFS keystrokes, as they are literally a bit of a handful and we all know that having to use the keyboard at all is a sure-fire way to mess with the level of immersion which most of us hold so dear.

Thanks again for the encouraging words!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #808
Posted Saturday, June 09, 2007 3:16:50 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

Hi SL (Squadron Leader)!

You are welcome. You are right....it is a bit difficult pressing 3 keys at the same time....VAC does it brilliantly.

You could assign "conversational " words to interact with the Instructor if you wish.

You mentioned that you are working in better integration with the FSX engine and FSFS. Is it possible to read METAR files or recognize Met conditions from FSX? The reason I am asking, I had some point deduction because I encountered turbulence.

I use Active sky X from HiFi.

Looking forward to see more of your hard work.....even though it works perfect once I got to learn how to set it up in FSX.

Alfred

Post #810
Posted Saturday, June 09, 2007 6:27:53 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Rapture:

It is indeed possible for FSFS to read weather conditions. The data is available to us, but we have not yet integrated all of it into the behaviour of FSFS.

As you'll know, we are using the crosswind and visibility data - they both affect what the instructor says and the pilot's scoring.

Having said this, we plan to use turbulence and other information to make the experience richer and to be a little kinder to pilots who could potentially be penalized for a rough ride which was actually due to rough weather.

The main thing is - keep the comments and ideas coming - the more input and feedback we have the better we can make FSFS for everyone!

Post #811
Posted Saturday, June 09, 2007 7:15:50 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

Last Login: Thursday, October 18, 2007 4:01:56 PM
Hi Rapture,

I've been using Voice Buddy 3 with FSX for quite some time now. I stopped using it in FS2004 due to it causing an infuriating 'tick' in the game.

It was easy to scan it for use with FSX (i just imported FS2004 commands) and is great in conjunction with FDC live cockpit, FSFS and Radar Contact.

Flood

Post #813
Posted Saturday, June 09, 2007 9:58:18 PM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

Hi Flood!

Sounds interesting. I never used Vb3 or any Voice Buddy product. Does it use the build in voice recognition in Vista? (or if using XP does it use the speech recognition engine?)

Thats is what I found so great with VAC...I can train it to recognize anything AND it keeps on learning to understand you better. I speak with an accent (native Austrian form Vienna) and have no problems at all.

I never used Radar contact but just got into VOX ATC.....it works GREAT.

All the best

Alfred

Post #814
Posted Sunday, June 10, 2007 2:59:04 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

Last Login: Thursday, October 18, 2007 4:01:56 PM
Yes VB3 comes shipped with MS speech SDK 5.1...training is easy although every now and then a mistake crops up (nothing too drastic yet).

As for VOX, it doesn't have any control over AI traffic which is why i prefer RC.

Regards

Flood

Post #815
Posted Sunday, June 10, 2007 5:26:45 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

Hi Flood!

Thanks for the tip, I must have a closer look at RC for sure. I think they must have improved on VOX as it does control AI now. I have to admit though....on the ground it does it poorly....every man for himself ....even though it does clear you. I nice touch also....I have to ask for runway crossing clearances ! Have you got a link to RC? (might save from googlying around?

Kind Regards and God bless

Alfred

Post #816
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

123»»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 6:04am