Voice Pack

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

««123»»

Voice Pack Expand / Collapse
Author
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, December 23, 2010 11:16:00 AM
Hi

Seems to be working fine, escept, as you say, I need to "train" the voice recognition program a little better.  Sometimes the poor thing gets a little confused.  But I'm very happy because, besides the useful and realistic FSFS commands,  if I need to switch between FS and FSFS, all I do is to say "Switch to flight simulator" or "switch to fsflyingschool".  I don't have to go back to desktop and hit the status bar icons any more.  I think I'm going to enjoy the pack.  Thanks.

I've just received my key, but not sure whether its activated correctly.  The registration details are default figures, which are not the original fields and registration codes that I received and inserted into my FS2010 package.  I inserted the keys for the Voicepack and Cessna pack and it added them (they are listed under Enabled Detail Packs so I presume they are properly installed).  However, when I click on the "Register Program" button, a pop-up says "Invalid registration key.  You have entered a FS9 registration key".  Before messing things up, do I leave it like that or must I enter my FS2010 keys and registration code that were supplied when I purchased the product?

Thanks

Stan

Post #7271
Posted Tuesday, May 18, 2010 8:36:53 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
It sounds like all you have left to do is enter the four fields of your FSFS2010 key (the last of which ends in 3001) into the four registration data fields at the credits screen of FSFS2010.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #7272
Posted Tuesday, May 18, 2010 10:51:18 AM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Thanks S/L - that did it.  I notice that the 3 key entries disappear after registration and only the key remains greyed out. Is this correct, because in previous versions all the data remained greyed out.

Well, once again you've done it with a hit product.  I'm sure many users will find this addon very useful indeed.

Stan

Post #7273
Posted Tuesday, May 18, 2010 1:38:43 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
stanshear (5/18/2010)
Thanks S/L - that did it. I notice that the 3 key entries disappear after registration and only the key remains greyed out. Is this correct, because in previous versions all the data remained greyed out.

Well, once again you've done it with a hit product. I'm sure many users will find this addon very useful indeed.

Stan

Stan.

If your three top fields in the registration are gone, then you did it right. Only the actual key remains, and you got the voice pack enabled, according to what you say, so its - done. All you have left to do now, is to fly, and talk to the instructors.

Remember, the instructors will recognize all the phrases you can see in the manual - be a good idea to print out the phrases, until they are second nature. I have, because I had this phrase I kept saying and got no response to - well I remembered it slightly wrong, and so Ms.Aviatrix didnt get what I meant.

Life is good, and FSFlyingschool makes it even better.

Ole

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #7274
Posted Tuesday, May 18, 2010 3:39:42 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

Thanks Ole

Just a few things I think I should report. 

When I selected a pilot (the default Lightspeed and noted that the automatic flight mode boxes were checked, I unchecked them and then tried to save the pilot, but an error message came up - Error 75-Path/File access error. Location WriteFile.  I forwarded this to FSFS when it asked me.  Never had that before.  I can't save my pilot settings.  This could be some conflict with my old installation, but if you can interpret the error message for me, I'll try and trace it.

Occasionally I found that the voice command box under Settings was greyed out and I had to shut everything down to get it active again.

On one occasion it went automatically into Circuit mode, and the only way I could get out of this was to shut down voice activation and fly manually.

It doesn't always respond to my voice, but this is no doubt a problem with my voice recognition setup - not FSFS.

On one of my flights I got a landing score in the Cessna of 96, which I thought was pretty good - but no box came up to allow me to forward it online.

On my last flight it remarked tat there was no runway alignment information or glideslope information available - although I had loaded a flight and runway.  That's a strange one, but I'll carry on experimenting.

Gotta go out now, but slill investigating all the possibilities of FSFS.

Stan

Post #7275
Posted Tuesday, May 18, 2010 8:30:07 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

AHA!  Here's an interesting observation.  My problems were the result of having Windows Voice Recognition activated at the same time as VoicePack.  I thought that this was supposed to be so, so for the benefit of any other users, remember that VOICEPACK works through the same interface but INDEPENDENTLY of the Windows voice system.  If you activate them both, you're gonna get conflicts and tear your hear out.

The downside is that I cannot use the Windows voice commands to switch between Flightsim and FSFS (e.g. "Switch to FSFlyingschool"), and have to still work in either windows mode to click the icons in the status bar, or use Ctrl-M to return to the Desktop and activate from there.  A humble suggestion for your next revision or maybe a patch would be to incorporate a "SWITCH" command which would allow quick access from one to the other.  This would really be great if it is possible for you.  Otherwise the program works just fine.

Oh, by the way, I've still got this problem mentioned in my previous post that if I change the details of my pilot and then try and save them, I get the error message which I described.  If you can help me sort that one out it would be most appreciated.

I also submitted my first score online - haven't done it yet, but gotta start sometime I guess.

Thanks again for this great addon.

Stan

Post #7276
Posted Wednesday, May 19, 2010 1:45:45 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Stan:

Regarding the error -

It is most likely that the path and file name to which FSFS is trying to write does not exist - most likely because it in not correctly specified. Please take a look and let us know what you find. It will help if you can copy and paste, into a reply to this post, the data from your
settings.ini
file in the FSFlyingSchool folder in which FSFS2010 was installed.

There could also be problems if the following is NOT true:

- FSX and FSFS and FSUIPC all installed by the same user

- That user has administrator privileges

- That user is running FSX and FSFS

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #7277
Posted Thursday, May 20, 2010 3:14:47 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

Hi Squad Ldr

There is definitely a conflict in the paths.  My original location for FSFS2010 was in my Flightsim folder, C:\FS2004\FSFlyingSchool2010, which I never deleted.  However, when I reinstalled the voice pack it went into the default  C:\Program FIles(x86)\FSFlyingSchool, so both locations contain FSFS files.

The FOLDERS in the original location are: Aircraft, Locations, NonILS, PilotRoster, Sound.  Included FILES in this location are Aircraft.dat, Airlist.dat, Config.dat FSFlyingSchoool.exe, FSFlyingSchool.xml, FSFRwy.bat, FSFRWYS.EXE, FSFSRWYS.FSF, FSInventions.xml, FSUIPCL.dll, MakeRwys.exe, realism.dat, SoundCard.dat, Uninstal.exe, WaveExCtrl.dll, and settings.ini. The settings.ini file is:

[FS Folders]
FS2002=
FS2004=C:\FS2004\
FSX=
FlightPlan=C:\Users\Stan\Documents\Flight Simulator Files\

[Pilot]
PilotFile=C:\FS2004\FSFlyingschool 2010\PilotRoster\LightSpeed.plt

[Misc]
TransitionAltitude=18000
EndFlight=0

The FOLDERS in the new C:\Program FIles(x86)\FSFlyingSchool location are:  FOLDERS:  Aircraft, Locations, NonIls, PilotRoster, Sound.  FILES are: EasySpeech.dll, FSFlyingSchool.exe, FSFSRwy.bat, FSFSRWYS.EXE, FSFSRWYS.FSF, FSUIP.dll, MakeRwys.exe, Uninstal.exe, WaveExCtrl.dll, and NO SETTINGS.INI FILE!  I copied the old Settings.ini file into this directory but it made no difference because they're obviously referring to the original installation location.

Now I'm not sure where the computer is looking for the various files, but the above should hopefully tell you what has happened and what I should do about it before I start making further changes and screw things up more.  Phew, what a mixup!  Sorry about that.

Stan

Post #7284
Posted Thursday, May 20, 2010 4:01:16 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

Just to add to my previous post - I copied the voice dll to my OLD folder FS2004\FSFlyingSchool, and activated the FSFS.exe file from there, and it is working - including changing pilot info, so the ini file is doing its bit.  I'll leave it like that, awaiting confirmation from you that its now correct.  If that's ok I'd like to delete the other installation - BUT could there still be information written to the registry which will be messed up if I do so?

I'm really enjoying this pack.  You've made a great contribution to flightsim training.

As I mentioned earlier, it would be great if you could add a voice command to switch between FS and FSFS, which would avoid the necessity of having to fly in Windows mode or having to go to the desktop and then click on the appropriate button in the taskbar.  D'you think this would be possible?

Thanks

Stan

Post #7285
Posted Friday, May 21, 2010 1:35:36 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Stan:

The simplest resolution of this situation I can recommend is this:

1. If it is working then of course you're all set.

2. If you are having any kind of problems there should be no trouble at all if you simply perform an installation of the latest version of FSFS2010 to a new folder.

This is a far more reliable method than trying to untangle the very tangled situation which can be caused by multiple previous installations to different folders.

>> As I mentioned earlier, it would be great if you could add a voice command to switch between FS and FSFS, which would avoid the necessity of having to fly in Windows mode or having to go to the desktop and then click on the appropriate button in the taskbar.  D'you think this would be possible?

This is something we are looking at. If pilots fly with FS in full screen mode, this can lead to some irritating results (screen flashing etc) when FS is switched to FSFS automatically as you mentioned. We are experimenting with this and would like to be able to offer this as an option.

Post #7287
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

««123»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 7:39pm