Voice Pack

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

123»»»

Voice Pack Expand / Collapse
Author
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, December 23, 2010 11:16:00 AM
Hi

Couldn't wait to try out the voice pack. 

Voice Recog. is working fine on my Win 7 computer.

Installed Voice Pack, but no voice pack information has come up in Credits or Settings.

Unistalled FS2010 and reinstalled Voice pack (didn't install FS2010 first but went straight to Voice Pack). Interestingly I found that I didn't lose my previous settings - Registration, Cessna addon, Pilots etc - they're still there, so this if fine.  But still no voice pack information.

HELP!

Stan

Post #7255
Posted Monday, May 17, 2010 12:33:02 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Here's some more information to help you analyze my problem:

When I launch FSFS from my icon in the status bar it launches my V3.0.0 version and the date of purchase Dec. 3 2009 appears above - which is fine, but shows that it hasn't unstalled if the old version.

When I launch the new version from the Programs menu, it comes up with the message Invalid Registration Key.  You have entered a FSFlyingShcool 2009 registration key.

If if I now enter my valid FS2010 registration information, it comes up with the message "Invalid Registration Key"

Stan

Post #7256
Posted Monday, May 17, 2010 12:52:30 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
stanshear (5/17/2010)
Hi

Couldn't wait to try out the voice pack.

Voice Recog. is working fine on my Win 7 computer.

Installed Voice Pack, but no voice pack information has come up in Credits or Settings.

Unistalled FS2010 and reinstalled Voice pack (didn't install FS2010 first but went straight to Voice Pack). Interestingly I found that I didn't lose my previous settings - Registration, Cessna addon, Pilots etc - they're still there, so this if fine. But still no voice pack information.

HELP!

Stan

Stan.

I dont understand what you say.

The Voicepack is a part of the FSFS2010 version 3.3! Once you install FSFS 2010 v. 3.3, you HAVE the voice pack installed. There is NO seperate installment of the voicepack.

The voicepack will work - without any bought serial key, in the demo area (see FSFS 2010 manual), but if you want to fly outside of the demoarea, using the voicepack. you buy a serial key from the FSFS site, and write it in the detail pack key insertion field in the credits tab. Then thw word "voicepack" will appear (if inserted correctly - I suggest you use copy/paste) below the insert field, and beside the Cessna detail pack (if you have that one as well)

So if you have installed version 3.3, and have bought a key - then do the above, and youre set.

hope this helps

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #7257
Posted Monday, May 17, 2010 1:02:10 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

Hi Ole

Sorry if I'm not clear.  The handbooks says that you will find a section in the CREDITS screen to activate it but there is no such option that comes up.  I tried flying from O'Hare but there's no reaction.  There just aint no speech recognition options.  Then

Stan

Post #7258
Posted Monday, May 17, 2010 1:45:11 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Stan.

It sounds like you got your FSFS2009 and FSFS2010 keys mixed up. Also - is the FSFS2010 key - an upgrade key, because if it is, you need to install the FSFS2010 upon an existing - valid, registered, copy of FSFS2009. If you try to install a clean install of FSFS2010 with the upgrade key, it wont work.

I think you might have installed the new version into an other directory than the old version - hence your two versions now, and an invalid key error in the new version.

Just a suggestion.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #7259
Posted Monday, May 17, 2010 1:51:06 PM

You HAVE to use version 3.3 to have voice support. but in the credits tab you will find nothing UNTIL you put in the key for the voice pack. THEN the vord "voicepack" will appear next to the "cessna172"

But, IF you have 3.3 installed, you can use the voice pack in the demo area.

Make sure that you have the settings in "settings" tab for voice command set to "ON" either via keypress or "ON" all the time. then it should work.

Ole

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #7260
Posted Monday, May 17, 2010 2:02:18 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

OK Ole, I agree that its may have something to do with what I install over what - so lets take the facts logically and then maybe you can advise me what to do - reinstall, or what.

1.The installation directory is correct.  All in the same directory.

2. If I click on my old icon in the status bar, v3.00 comes up. In CREDITS, the correct registration is in the greyed out area, and the date of purchase Dec 3 2009 is at the top.  Also the Cessna addon is listed.  This works fine.

3. If I click on the program item in the Windows 7 menu,  the first popup that appears say, "Invalid Registration Key.  You have entered a FSFS 2009 key!" (but I haven't entered any key).   When I then click on OK, the main FSFS screen comes up with (Demo version) displayed.  When I then click on CREDITS, the Registration details display numbers in the three fields and Reg. Key. (I don't know where they come from but it looks like they might be the 2009 version referred to - maybe still hidden in the registry).  No detail packs are listed.  There is no reference to voice pack on this screen.

4. Remember from an earlier posting, I uninstalled my current version of FSFS and reinstalled the new Voicepack version after that, but the information still remained - looks like it wasn't removed from the registry.

So that's where I am right now.  I'm sure we'll get it right - but you know old Murphey's Law I guess.  Lets stick together on this one and we'll see it through.

Stan

Post #7261
Posted Monday, May 17, 2010 2:18:15 PM

Stan

Its getting complicated. I cannot for the life of me, see how you can address the same .exe file from two different icons, and get different results. In my logic, you HAVE to end up at different dirs, but if you say otherwise, I guess you know better, You can see it - I cannot.

Please rightclick both icons and choose "find target" and see if you really end up in the same dir, at the same .exe!

But otherwise I think I will leave it to the master of the game, SL himself, in the morning, so that I wont talk you into making something stupid.

Ole

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #7262
Posted Monday, May 17, 2010 2:41:10 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

Hi Ole

Well I have JUST got it working, but here is what's happening.  There's an obvious conflict between an old version I have and the new version.  I have to go to Task Manager to make sure there are no previous versions running and the click on the entry in the PROGRAMS list, and then I'm in.  What I have to do is to get rid of the old FSFS2009 version, which is still hidden somewhere in the registry and for some unknown reason seems to "take over".  I'll fiddle a bit and put up a posting when I get it to work properly.  The bottom line is that when I get it going it really works fine.

Here are a few questions which you may be able to advise on:

1. What option do you choose for Windows Voice Recognition - do you leave it in SLEEP mode and then activate it only when you need it for FSFS?  It has to be activated before you activate FSFS.

2. The "5" activation key doesn't seem to be working in FSFS but I'm sure I'll sort that out.  Currently I've got it on all the time.  Have you experienced any problems with that?

3. Here's a useful one - have you figured out how I can call up the FSFS window whilst I'm flying?  That would be oh so useful.  Remember I'm new to this voice activation thing, so that is probably in the Windows commands and has nothing to do with FSFS.

4. Buying the product - of course I'm going to buy it.  I see that there's an extra 15% discount available, so that is also an incentive.

I LIKE IT.

Stan

Post #7263
Posted Tuesday, May 18, 2010 12:56:35 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Stan:

Sounds like you've had a few issues with having both FSFS2010 installed and FSFS2009 installed.

>> Well I have JUST got it working, but here is what's happening.  There's an obvious conflict between an old version I have and the new version.  I have to go to Task Manager to make sure there are no previous versions running and the click on the entry in the PROGRAMS list, and then I'm in.  What I have to do is to get rid of the old FSFS2009 version, which is still hidden somewhere in the registry and for some unknown reason seems to "take over".  I'll fiddle a bit and put up a posting when I get it to work properly.  The bottom line is that when I get it going it really works fine.

Excellent.

>> Here are a few questions which you may be able to advise on:
1. What option do you choose for Windows Voice Recognition - do you leave it in SLEEP mode and then activate it only when you need it for FSFS?  It has to be activated before you activate FSFS.

In Win 7 and Vista - there is nothing to install. In XP users may need to install if they have never before.

Beyond this, configuration and training are very important. There is nothing to 'turn on' as it were, but the microphone volume must be set correctly and the user will get 100% better results if 10 minutes are taken to train the Windows speech recognition to understand your voice.

As you will imagine - it would be silly to expect Windows to accurately recognise the voice of any person who can speak English. So we should all spend a minimum of 10 mins with the training program at the Speech section of the Control Panel.

2. The "5" activation key doesn't seem to be working in FSFS but I'm sure I'll sort that out.  Currently I've got it on all the time.  Have you experienced any problems with that?

No problems reported anywhere. Is that key being used by another program, such as an FS add-on?

3. Here's a useful one - have you figured out how I can call up the FSFS window whilst I'm flying?  That would be oh so useful.  Remember I'm new to this voice activation thing, so that is probably in the Windows commands and has nothing to do with FSFS.

This is something we are looking at. If pilots fly with FS in full screen mode, this can lead to some irritating results (flashing etc) when FS is switched to FSFS automatically as you mentioned. We are experimenting with this and would like to be able to offer this as an option.

4. Buying the product - of course I'm going to buy it.  I see that there's an extra 15% discount available, so that is also an incentive.

Give the demo a good bash and if you like it...

I LIKE IT.

Splendid!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #7268
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

123»»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 1:06am