FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

««12345»»»

FSFlyingSchool Flying tours - The Hawaiien... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, April 21, 2009 12:44:19 AM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, April 18, 2014 11:49:19 AM
Hi all,

I've never been on Hawai. Always dreamed of it. This is my change, right?
My boss can't miss me, but he will try it for one month...., LOL!
Although I'm a beginner with FSFS I'm in too.
I assume that the team of FSFS will pay my hotel costs and some consumption money
My aircraft choice is the King Air 350.
See you on Hawai in may.

Kindly regards,

Jacob.

Regards,
Jacob.

Intel Pentium Core i5
Memory 4 GB
NVidia G240 1Gb
Saitek X52 Pro
Windows 7 x64
FSX de Luxe SP2, Flyingschool2010, Flightsim Commander
Post #3683
Posted Tuesday, April 21, 2009 1:59:05 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Kebas (4/21/2009)
Hi all,

I've never been on Hawai. Always dreamed of it. This is my change, right?
My boss can't miss me, but he will try it for one month...., LOL!
Although I'm a beginner with FSFS I'm in too.
I assume that the team of FSFS will pay my hotel costs and some consumption money
My aircraft choice is the King Air 350.
See you on Hawai in may.

Kindly regards,

Jacob.

Jacob.

Officially welcome to the Hawaiian tour. Great that you are in too. I have never been to Hawaii either, so this is my chance too..

Happy flying Jacob.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3686
Posted Tuesday, April 21, 2009 11:35:09 AM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Last Login: Friday, April 18, 2014 11:49:19 AM
Hi all,

About the aircraft choice, I changed my mind. (having some trouble with the king air 350)
I will fly the Cessna 182rg on the Hawaii mission.
Hope you don't mind.

See you,

Jacob.

Regards,
Jacob.

Intel Pentium Core i5
Memory 4 GB
NVidia G240 1Gb
Saitek X52 Pro
Windows 7 x64
FSX de Luxe SP2, Flyingschool2010, Flightsim Commander
Post #3696
Posted Tuesday, April 21, 2009 11:21:24 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Kebas (4/21/2009)
Hi all,

About the aircraft choice, I changed my mind. (having some trouble with the king air 350)
I will fly the Cessna 182rg on the Hawaii mission.
Hope you don't mind.

See you,

Jacob.

Of course not. It´s your choice. What problems are you having with it. I seem to be having a landinglight problem on some aircrafts - including the ´350, so I might reconsider too, not sure.

I will make the "target score" for the chosen planes during the weekend, so everybody has a goal. You can test fly all you want, before May 1.st if you want to see where you are, point wise. Then you can use those hm.. 21 flights to improve. Its quite fun to see the improvements one can make...

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3698
Posted Tuesday, April 21, 2009 11:24:51 PM

CaptGarrick (4/20/2009)
Hi Ole and Jeff,

I have found something very different within the actual flight plan for the Hawaiian Tour. Here is what I had Drafted up to be the Route of the Flight. I may have benn in error; however, I just wanted to show you what I found, and maybe you could help me to figue out just where I went wrong. I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Regards,

Garrick.

Flight   1: Kahuai     PHLI   Lihue - HI01 Princeville

Flight   2: Kahuai     HI01    Princeville - PHBK Barking Sands

Flight   3: Kahuai     PHBK Barking Sands - laceName>PAKlaceName> laceType>PortlaceType> Allen

Flight   4: Kahuai     laceName>PAKlaceName> laceType>PortlaceType> Allen - PHDH Dillingham

Flight   5: Oahu        PHDH Dillingham - PHHI Wheeler AFB

Flight   6: Oahu        PHHI Wheeler AFB - PHJR Kalaeloa (John Rodgers Field)

Flight   7: Oahu        PHJR Kalaeloa (John Rodgers Field) - PHNL Honolulu 

Flight   8: Oahu        PHNL Honolulu - laceName>PHNGlaceName> laceName>KaneohelaceName> laceType>BaylaceType> MCAF

Flight   9: Oahu        PHNG Kaneohe Bay MCAF - PHMK Molokai

Flight 10: Molokai   PHMK Molokai - PHLU Kalaupapa Apt

Flight 11: Molokai   PHLU Kalaupapa Apt - laceName>PHNYlaceName> laceName>LanailaceName> laceType>CitylaceType>

Flight 12: Lanai        laceName>PHNYlaceName> laceName>LanailaceName> laceType>CitylaceType> - JHM Kapalua-West

Flight 13: Maui         JHM    Kapalua-West - PHOG Kahului

Flight 14: Maui         PHOG Kahului - PHHN Hana

Flight 15: Maui         PHHN Hana – PHUP Upolu

Flight 16: Big Island PHUP Upolu - PHMU Waimea-Kohala

Flight 17: Big Island PHMU Waimea-Kohala - HI13 Puu Waa-Waa Ranch

Flight 18: Big Island HI13 Puu Waa-Waa Ranch - PHKO Kona Intl at Keahole

Flight 19: Big Island PHKO Kona Intl at Keahole - PHSF Bradshaw AFB

Flight 20: Big Island PHSF Bradshaw AFB - HI02 Peleau

Flight 21: Big Island HI02 Peleau - PHTO Hilo International

Flight 22: Big Island PHTO Hilo International - ?

Hi Captain.

You seem to be quite right. Bummer! 22 airports only makes room for 21 flights in between. My bad. The Hawaiian tour consists of 21 flights - not 22.

I shall correct the header.

Still... good flying.

EDIT: All is corrected to 21 flights!

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3699
Posted Wednesday, April 22, 2009 3:05:12 PM

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:31:09 AM
Hi CaptGarrick, Kebas, and you too Ole!

I will be flying the Baron as well, slightly modified with brand new engine out of the factory.

It's all about having fun and enjoying the scenery of Hawaii.  I can actually say I've made it over there one time, and brings back a lot of memories that I wish I could go back sometime soon!  But for now, I will virtually fly...

Looking forward to some more people flying than just me and Ole, so this is good!

Any other takers?

Joe Mini

President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC. 
"If we get you to your destination in one piece, it's a miracle"  

Post #3709
Posted Wednesday, April 22, 2009 4:46:34 PM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

Last Login: Sunday, March 22, 2015 6:40:24 AM
oleandreasen (4/21/2009)
CaptGarrick (4/20/2009)
Hi Ole and Jeff,

I have found something very different within the actual flight plan for the Hawaiian Tour. Here is what I had Drafted up to be the Route of the Flight. I may have benn in error; however, I just wanted to show you what I found, and maybe you could help me to figue out just where I went wrong. I would appreciate it. Thank you.

Regards,

Garrick.

Flight   1: Kahuai     PHLI   Lihue - HI01 Princeville

Flight   2: Kahuai     HI01    Princeville - PHBK Barking Sands

Flight   3: Kahuai     PHBK Barking Sands - laceName>PAKlaceName> laceType>PortlaceType> Allen

Flight   4: Kahuai     laceName>PAKlaceName> laceType>PortlaceType> Allen - PHDH Dillingham

Flight   5: Oahu        PHDH Dillingham - PHHI Wheeler AFB

Flight   6: Oahu        PHHI Wheeler AFB - PHJR Kalaeloa (John Rodgers Field)

Flight   7: Oahu        PHJR Kalaeloa (John Rodgers Field) - PHNL Honolulu 

Flight   8: Oahu        PHNL Honolulu - laceName>PHNGlaceName> laceName>KaneohelaceName> laceType>BaylaceType> MCAF

Flight   9: Oahu        PHNG Kaneohe Bay MCAF - PHMK Molokai

Flight 10: Molokai   PHMK Molokai - PHLU Kalaupapa Apt

Flight 11: Molokai   PHLU Kalaupapa Apt - laceName>PHNYlaceName> laceName>LanailaceName> laceType>CitylaceType>

Flight 12: Lanai        laceName>PHNYlaceName> laceName>LanailaceName> laceType>CitylaceType> - JHM Kapalua-West

Flight 13: Maui         JHM    Kapalua-West - PHOG Kahului

Flight 14: Maui         PHOG Kahului - PHHN Hana

Flight 15: Maui         PHHN Hana – PHUP Upolu

Flight 16: Big Island PHUP Upolu - PHMU Waimea-Kohala

Flight 17: Big Island PHMU Waimea-Kohala - HI13 Puu Waa-Waa Ranch

Flight 18: Big Island HI13 Puu Waa-Waa Ranch - PHKO Kona Intl at Keahole

Flight 19: Big Island PHKO Kona Intl at Keahole - PHSF Bradshaw AFB

Flight 20: Big Island PHSF Bradshaw AFB - HI02 Peleau

Flight 21: Big Island HI02 Peleau - PHTO Hilo International

Flight 22: Big Island PHTO Hilo International - ?

Hi Captain.

You seem to be quite right. Bummer! 22 airports only makes room for 21 flights in between. My bad. The Hawaiian tour consists of 21 flights - not 22.

I shall correct the header.

Still... good flying.

EDIT: All is corrected to 21 flights!

Hello Ole,

Thank you for the clarification on the flight plan. It sure will be very fun flight to endure. I am really looking forward to it. I do have one simple suggestion though as in regards to the aircraft points system for the flights in Hawaii. Could you post a Pin in here on the forum about the point system for the airplane(s) that are in the .fsr's and some of the .fsu's that others will most likely be using? By the way Ole, How many people do we have for our tour in Hawaii at the moment? Mabybe you can have a short list of whom will be joining and who has already joined in for the flight. You may want to make a poll or something of the sort. Just a thought. See you in Hawaii Ole. Oh, and to let you know, I am going to use real world weather for the Hawaiian Tour, I love a challenge.

Hope all is going smooth for you?

Sincere Regards,

Garrick.

Best Regards, Garrick Pattenden
Founder / CEO
Canadian Aviation Software
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2013 FSX, FS2004
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium.

Post #3712
Posted Thursday, April 23, 2009 5:54:35 AM

[b]CaptGarrick

Hello Ole,

Thank you for the clarification on the flight plan. It sure will be very fun flight to endure. I am really looking forward to it. I do have one simple suggestion though as in regards to the aircraft points system for the flights in Hawaii. Could you post a Pin in here on the forum about the point system for the airplane(s) that are in the .fsr's and some of the .fsu's that others will most likely be using? By the way Ole, How many people do we have for our tour in Hawaii at the moment? Mabybe you can have a short list of whom will be joining and who has already joined in for the flight. You may want to make a poll or something of the sort. Just a thought. See you in Hawaii Ole. Oh, and to let you know, I am going to use real world weather for the Hawaiian Tour, I love a challenge.

Hope all is going smooth for you?

Sincere Regards,

Garrick.

During the weekend I shall make a list of the "target score!" for the planes involved. Only .fsr planes (planes in the FSFS hanger) can be used. not self made .fsu planes. (those are not checked and could have wrong settings in them, making an unfair competition)

The count for contestants is easy. We are currently four (4) people in it. Not many but hey - still twice as many as in the WWT, so if we can keep this up, we will be many later on. Maybe more will kick in, I have contact with a few others.

I always fly real weather, as you will, its the most fun. I fly real time too, when I can, but in the WWT some parts would only consist of night flying, if I did, so I bent the rule a little there....

What poll did you think of?

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3714
Posted Thursday, April 23, 2009 1:37:00 PM

FSFlyingSchool Captain

Last Login: Sunday, March 22, 2015 6:40:24 AM

[/quote]During the weekend I shall make a list of the "target score!" for the planes involved. Only .fsr planes (planes in the FSFS hanger) can be used. not self made .fsu planes. (those are not checked and could have wrong settings in them, making an unfair competition)

The count for contestants is easy. We are currently four (4) people in it. Not many but hey - still twice as many as in the WWT, so if we can keep this up, we will be many later on. Maybe more will kick in, I have contact with a few others.

I always fly real weather, as you will, its the most fun. I fly real time too, when I can, but in the WWT some parts would only consist of night flying, if I did, so I bent the rule a little there....

What poll did you think of?[/quote]

Hi Ole,

I agree with you about the .fsr airplane files to be used with the Hawaiian Tour, it is indeed very fair. I had in mind when I had quoted: "You may want to make a poll or something of the sort", I was refering to the mere fact of asking our FSFS Forum members and other PPL's what they would think about having more of these Tour Flights; also, to see how many would be interested in being a part of it. I wish I was around for the WWT tour, I'm sure it was fun! Let me know what you think about the poll idea, and maybe, I could help you with some of the polling questions.

Also, I too could come up with a favorite tour that I could pass on to you in a PM for you to review and fly it first. Just some thoughts and Ideas. Hope all is well?

Cheers,

Garrick.

P.S. Here is the jf_pa28_181_archer_III.fsu file for you.

Best Regards, Garrick Pattenden
Founder / CEO
Canadian Aviation Software
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2013 FSX, FS2004
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium.

Post #3715
Posted Friday, April 24, 2009 3:54:25 PM

Captain.

The poll is a great idea. You go ahead and start one. I would like to know IF anyone would like to have competitions like this, and perhaps locations for tours.

You can just mail me with ideas of your own, if you dont want to post them here "in public" Joe and I have a bigger tour on the drawing board, an extensive Caribbean tour. Joe has about 100 flights rolled up and ready as I recall. But thats for later. Hawaii is on for now.

I would like to do a tour in Greece. Lots of islands there to visit.

Or to do a more special tour - Tour de Mountains! to land in - say the 25 highest airports in FSX/FS9. (not an a to b to c to.... tour but more an a to a, and then b to b, and then..... tour.)

Or (when I get my Justflight VFR UK scenery enhancement pack) a UK tour. England-Wales-Ireland-Scotland......

The list just goes on and on and on. The point is to fly with a purpose. After finding FSFS and flying around the world, I find it difficult to just fly aimlessly around. So I gotta find purposefull flights whereever I can.

You just post your own questions on the poll too.

Have a nice weekend

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #3727
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

««12345»»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 9:03pm