FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

12»»

Taxiing Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Monday, November 17, 2008 4:27:30 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, April 22, 2010 1:48:10 AM
Just bought FS flying school and have two (at the moment !) queries. I have read that the way to stop the instructor telling me I am taxiing too fast and with flaps down (whilst actually trying to take off) is to press control, shift, and z or, control, shift and 1. Neither of these work ! Does the instructor say anything to acknowlege this ? Also can you connect to fs flying school whilst in FSX or do you have to connect to flying school first then FSX ?
Post #2751
Posted Monday, November 17, 2008 4:53:30 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
KS1000 (11/17/2008)
Just bought FS flying school and have two (at the moment !) queries. I have read that the way to stop the instructor telling me I am taxiing too fast and with flaps down (whilst actuallytrying to takeoff)is to press control, shift, and z or, control, shift and 1. Neither of these work ! Does the instructor say anything to acknowlege this ?Also can you connect to fs flying school whilst in FSX or do you have to connect to flying schoolfirst then FSX ?

Hi there KS1000 and welcome to.

I believe that both your questions can be answered like this.

You first start your FSX, and get a plane on the ground, at the gates or at a runway - or in mid air for that matter, and then and only then do you start your FSFlyingschool and connect. Then when you ctrl-shift-1 (advance to next mode) you will get an acknowledgment from the instructor like "ok you finished taxiing and are ready to take off"

Try that and please report if it worked for you.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #2752
Posted Monday, November 17, 2008 6:34:03 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Welcome KS1000!

Ole - many thanks - you are the man - your advice is splendid!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #2753
Posted Monday, November 17, 2008 1:57:28 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Hi and thanks for your help. Unfortunately it has raised another question ! Is there a link then to connect to Flying school once you are already in FSX as i could not see how to do this ? I have been connection to flying school first then to FSX as this is the only way I could do it which is against the way you said it should be done.
Post #2755
Posted Monday, November 17, 2008 2:12:54 PM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

There is no link within FSX, but we can think of FSFlyingSchool as being just like any other (separate) program you might wish to run on your PC. 

In order to launch it, you can use a variety of methods to get to the Start Menu or the Desktop or wherever you like to keep your shortcut to launch FSFlyingSchool.

This may involve:

Pressing ALT TAB 
Pressing   Start Menu   key
Minimizing FSX
Clicking the Windows icon to   'show the desktop'
etc

These are standard Windows methods of controlling programs running at the same time. The method you select will also depend on whether you run FSX in full screen (most likely) or not.

You will need to leave FSX for a moment - but do not close it down.

Once you have launched FSFlyingSchool and optionally loaded a flight plan, press the Connect button to establish comms with FSX and then switch programs back to FSX, so that you will have both FSX and FSFlyingSchool running.

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #2756
Posted Monday, November 17, 2008 9:41:37 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
KS1000 (11/17/2008)
Hi and thanks for your help. Unfortunately it has raised another question ! Is there a link then to connect to Flying school once you are already in FSX as i could not see how to do this ? I have been connection to flying school first then to FSX as this is the only way I could do it which is against the way you said it should be done.

The easiest way is to run FSX in windowed mode. I have a shortcut to FSFS on my procesline, so I just press that shortcut and bring FSFS up, when ready and on the ground in FS, and then just click somewhere on the FS screen behind the smaller FSFS screen, after connecting.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #2757
Posted Tuesday, November 18, 2008 5:14:33 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Hi and....................Success ! Thanks again for your help, it's much appreciated.
Post #2759
Posted Tuesday, November 18, 2008 5:18:38 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Hi and thanks again. It all works now !
Post #2760
Posted Tuesday, November 18, 2008 5:41:21 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Great! And thanks again to Ole!

Post #2761
Posted Sunday, May 17, 2009 10:38:29 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Tuesday, June 22, 2010 3:08:22 AM
Why the teachers are only English spoken?
Post #4055
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 2:36am