FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

«««45678»»

WWT - Oles European flights! [Concluded] Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, October 09, 2008 7:03:49 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Summery of first quarter of the WWT for Ole Andreasen

So to finalize it:

Best flightscore:127,25 (and only one score below 100 points - that I´m actually proud of)
Best landingscore:150,59 (mega crosswind landing - I really loved that one)

Oles Flightscoreat London 115,70
Oles Landingscore -81,32
Oles Average score 98,51

And that my friends really shocked me, because I thought that I was miles behind Joe in flightscore, and minor behind him in landingscore, but statistics show that after the first quarter - I´M AHEAD. BY GOD - I´M AHEAD. Not to toot my own horn, but.... no what the heck. I´M AHEAD!

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #2573
Posted Thursday, October 09, 2008 10:06:06 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Friday, January 25, 2013 5:31:09 AM
Most excellent there Ole....I could have told you that with all my zero's!  Zero's kill the average, so you've got nothing to worry about!  Kick me in the Kahonie's some more!

Joe Mini

President/CEO/Chief Pilot for Joe Mini World Wide Tours, LLC. 
"If we get you to your destination in one piece, it's a miracle"  

Post #2574
Posted Thursday, October 09, 2008 12:21:21 PM

Zero´s will kill the average? (that Japanese Zeros we talk about here? )

Yes and no Joe. Zeros will kill the average in the beginning, but a zero from you will only mean about one point in the average, but in my world, right now, it will mean three points, so I am vulnerable, as heck. But anyways, I never thought this to be true. You have all these fantastic scores, and I have done my math now, and I can see you are climbing up very very fast. So we have lots to compete for in the remaining 3/4. I just thought that is was decided who would win, but now I will fight you to the death!

BTW, the lawsuit is canceled. I don´t have a case anymore. But I cannot step up to the big jets in WWT. I said from the beginning that it was one plane for me, and one plane it is.

And I did not mean to kick you anywhere! Sorry if I sounded condescending. Never my intention. You are still the king in my opinion, with all your mega high scores.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #2575
Posted Wednesday, October 22, 2008 3:19:11 AM

And so Ladies and Geneltmen - Time to start up the second quarter of this Flying basketball game, called the World Wide tour.

Leg 1: EGLL (London - England to LFPG (Paris - France)

Shaken and desturbt I spent a few days in London without Mr.Smith and without my plane. By chance Mr.Whittle - one of the FSFS instructors was in Paris, and flew my plane back to me. He also agreed to fly with me back to Paris. A different voice for a change. He didn´t know me so much, so he kept non-verbal most of the time. Not at all like the talkative Smith. But he was a cheerful chap, right until the rating, then he showed his true face. (more later)

Time to see if you rust during a few days of heavy drinking (Limonade of course )   Runway in sight, ready to go.                                 And up, up, up and away. Paris here we come.

Lots of people living in London. Not at all like Skaelskoer....                          Hitting the water once again. I like water - sodawater that is.                   OK - leaving England. Joe took the Queen, I took a bunch of bananas. Want one Whittle?

France in sight! Cannot wait for a bottle of Sct. Émilion grand cru                    Let´s see, we follow the river and head due east for Paris right Whittle?            Due West? no no - turn the map around - Please!

Now that runway must be here on the map....                    Please find it Whittle... what? Aakää Kovalaiinen? What the.... It´s the map of Finland Whittle. Get a grip!

Never mind - just tuck it away. I found deGaulle on the GPS.                                See it´s right there. now - pre landing checklist! Put cap on Coke-bottle. Check!                       We are here Whittle. Thank you for doing this.

Look - the hotel where Smith and Atrix are.                                             hm... taxiway alpha sierra sierra hotel.... arh just follow that car.             Lucky us. the last free spot. Set the parkometer Whittle!

And what did you think of my flying Whittle?

Landing Score:51,00 (as much as I appriciate your honesty....... #¤%#&"¤%&

Landing included the following problems:

• Too hard - may have damaged your landing gear.
  • Not near the centre line - you can do better.

Definite room for improvement...

Flight Score:111,87 (Guy wasen´t humorous at all )

Flight included the following problems:

• Poor elevator control during taxi in wind - danger of flipping.
  • Poor aileron control during taxi in wind - danger of flipping.
  • Airspeed too low - you are risking stalls.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #2638
Posted Wednesday, October 22, 2008 3:54:46 AM

Great stuff!

Joe Mini

Post #2639
Posted Wednesday, October 22, 2008 4:18:05 AM

Leg 2: LFPG (Paris - France) to LEMD (Madrid - Spain)

Happy reunion. Atrix and Smith seemed as happy about each other, as to see me. Heartwarming that was. We talked about who was to follow me and ended with Smith. Be best for all parts, and we know each other quite well now, so Welcome back Mr.Smith.

OK that BA plane has clearence before us, so lets follow it.                               We wait until he is in the air OK?                                       Got a little surprise for you Smith. Look in my flightbag there. yes that one. You like it? Good.

On course. good.                                                                 Paris is a popular place. All those planes. Get me the pre slalom checklist will you?                                                                And now dead on to Spain.

Imagine a house right there in the middle of the river. Great huh?          Spain. Are we in time for the Vuelta? No? well never mind, I hate cycling.    See that airport. On my last flight Whittle actually got the wrong map...

But we are on course right Smith? fine.                                            What I like most about travel is that everything looks so different from Denmark.                     I love mountains for instance.

So this is where we turn right - right?                                         See Smith I told you. Madrid was that way.                                       Was it runway R or L that we should land on?

Looking good man - looking good.                                                    The taxidiagram, where the beep is that?                                     Don´t know if this was our space, but here we park. Period!

Great to have you back Mr.Smith! That went pretty well, didn´t it?

Landing Score:109,43 (Well it IS nice to have you back Smith)

A splendid landing!

Flight Score:116,31 (Thank you)

Flight included the following problems:

• Steep banking - save your aerobatic flying for some other time.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #2641
Posted Wednesday, October 22, 2008 6:45:19 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, May 16, 2024 3:40:27 AM
Great stuff Ole - good pix and what a story! Those instructors are a demanding lot...

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #2642
Posted Wednesday, October 22, 2008 9:22:39 AM

Ole,

Did you load yourself some AI traffic?

Joe Mini

Post #2644
Posted Wednesday, October 22, 2008 11:32:47 AM

SL: Thank you. I try to get along well with all of them, but sometimes they really are a pain... Mostly though, they are friendly, nice and gives okay scores, so I love the bunch

Joe: I tried your way, but I really found it a major workload, so I dusted off my old "Traffic" from Justflight, and loaded it. put the slider for traffic waaaaaay to the left, but just enough to actually have some local planes here and there. When the new computer comes - in January, that´s a fact - I will upgrade to TrafficX and have so much traffic that I will have trouble fitting in...

BTW - I stumbled over a FS2004 version of Justflights C-130 Hercules. I simply love that plane. It was in my local store and on sale for £6 and seventy. When I paid for it, the man at the counter, said, "well the price have gone down, so now it costs, £2 and seventy! And it comes with a 240 page pilots instructions book. That alone is worth that money for me. And now I can upgrade - in January - to the X version of that too - for £20. My very own C-130. Great!

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #2646
Posted Wednesday, October 22, 2008 12:24:01 PM

Leg 3: LEMD (Madrid - Spain) to LPPT (Lisboa - Portugal)

We started out in grave moods. That Spanish wine is so spicy, and not only does it make your stomach ache, but also your head pound. And Smith and I did get our share of Faustino V, at a small, but veeeery cosy pub in the outback of Madrid. Well worth a visit, just ask and I´ll mail you the address.

But we were well passed that "8 hours from bottle to throttle" so we climbed into the cockpit and promised each other that we would never ever again drink Spanish wine - from the bottle!

Sunshine hurt my eyes, but a man´s gotta do what a man.... The taxiways in Madrid is even longer than in Amsterdam. I honestly thought that it would go on, right to Portugal.

But Smith told me, calmly and composed to stay focused and behold - only a few hours after we were airborne once again. Leaving Spain for the very last stop in Europe. Time goes by so soon.

Smith takes all our pictures, and seems to like airports a lot. He is so much more reluctant when I ask for a river- or a -mountain picture, but sometimes I twist his ear and that helps.

Seems like Ms.Aviatrix told Smith some very funny jokes, and I got all of them. laughed so hard that I almost missed the runway But there is was; Loaboa Portugal - Incoming!

Decent landing - or should I say descent landing? and the usual taxiways to the gates. They really ought to build the gates closer to the runway - save some fuel.

But finally we made to the last gate in Europe. We zig-zagged between other planes, and parked.

Smith - the usual please!

Landing Score:97,50 (I know we had lots of doubles yesterday - but today I would like tripples)

• Ballooning during landing - needs practice.

Flight Score:115,97 (That you get for drinking - seems to be what I´m worth though)

• Flight included the following problems:
    • Airspeed too low - you are risking stalls.

And so Ladies and Gentlemen - that concludes my European flights. There were many countries that I didn´t get to visit, and if that offends anyone, I deeply apologize. I didn´t mean to dissapoint anyone, but just didn´t have time to get to all of the countries.

My journey will continue in "Oles African flights" Click here.

Regards
    Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #2647
    « Prev Topic | Next Topic »

«««45678»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 3:23am