We are looking at adding formal lessons to FSFS...

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

«««1234»»

We are looking at adding formal lessons to... Expand / Collapse
Author

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: 2 days ago @ 4:09:25 AM
Hi Kim:

Thanks again for the feedback - much appreciated and certainly noted!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #12109
Posted Friday, April 24, 2015 10:03:38 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 10:40:46 PM
While I have FSX, I almost prefer and almost exclusively use XP10. I love the idea of "formal lessons" and I would like the strict "tolerances". If these lessons are produced, can I expect them for XP10 also? Thanks, Al
Post #12126
Posted Saturday, April 25, 2015 1:55:23 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi RCP:

Anything we can do for FSX and P3D we will certainly want to do for the XP version too, as soon as time allows.

In the meantime, have you tried the 'circuit mode' in XP? The instructor is pretty strict on that and as a result - some folks love it and others... not so much...

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #12128
Posted Sunday, November 29, 2015 11:09:32 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Monday, November 30, 2015 10:13:02 PM
I think a lot of folks don't realize the challenge of making lessons that are useful.
Post #12463
Posted Wednesday, December 14, 2016 8:31:41 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Wednesday, December 14, 2016 8:18:31 AM
I am a newcomer here, a very old guy,and as yet have not truly come to understand just what Flying School does, but to be hones I think I expected "flying lessons" to be an integral part of the School. That said, if they are not, I would certainly welcome their inclusion.
To be totally honest I have no clue where to start as I tried one flight following the instructions, and when I started to roll I had two different voices telling different things that I was doing wrong.
I read the documents cover to cover, but I am still struggling so Basic lessons would certainly be welcome fo me. Terry.

Teecee
Post #12823
Posted Thursday, December 15, 2016 1:45:49 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Terry:

First and foremost - please let me know which simulator you are using.

The main goal of FSFlyingSchool is to provide talking instructors who will fly with you anywhere in the world and evaluate your performance in over 70 different areas with fully recorded details.

Lots of our customers use FSX/FS2004 and P3D and ask how FSFlyingSchool fits in with the flying lessons in those products.
As Flight Simulator (FSX and 2004) itself comes with an extensive set of detailed lessons, we have not duplicated them, but rather have provided a much greater level of detail in the analysis of airmanship.
The downside to the Flight Simulator lessons is that they can only be performed in the location they are scripted for. Your lessons will always be at the same places and in the planes chosen by the lesson designers. The lessons also make no attempt to record what the pilot did wrongly and do not begin to analyse the pilot's performance in anywhere near the degree of detail that FSFlyingSchool uses.
But - you do get flying lessons, just like those you'd get from a real instructor.
Our pilots have found that both systems complement each other well.
Novices can learn the basics of how to taxi, take off and land using the Flight Simulator lessons and then start flying with FSFlyingSchool. The Flight Simulator lessons will take you all the way up to a commercial pilot's check-ride in a Boeing 737, which is tough enough for most folks.
At the same time, pilots can be honing their technique using FSFlyingSchool.

Nevertheless, there is no need to take the lessons - you can just start flying with FSFlyingSchool if you prefer.
Many real world pilots have enjoyed using FSFlyingSchool and have recently come to very much enjoy the new 'On Approach' feature which was introduced to FSFlyingSchool PRO in December 2011.
This feature allows the pilot to set up FSX, FS2004 or P3D to fly an approach to any (land based) runway in the world in seconds and real world pilots have found this useful and interesting.
The best part is that you can try out everything for free using the free demos of all our products. No time limits - try them for as long as you like!
Our FSX/2004 and P3D products are the most advanced, but the X-Plane products are catching up.

We also offer a free 5 day course (emailed to you each day) which gets you up and flying with FSFlyingSchool - have you signed up for that at our website? Or - would you like me to subscribe you to it?

Please let me know how you get on.

Post #12824
Posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 11:20:57 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Tuesday, July 11, 2017 11:17:52 AM
If it were practical I would like to see two options: 1. Close tolerances as you suggest and 2. A more forgiving option for new students. New students need to enjoy the experience too as they learn.
Post #13031
Posted Tuesday, July 11, 2017 11:36:40 PM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Jim.

Thanks for your ideas!

Post #13032
Posted Sunday, September 10, 2017 9:19:01 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Monday, October 09, 2017 4:49:03 PM
I would very much be interested in that if it would be like getting up and going to and actual flight school and even virtual ground school would be nice

Growing older is mandatory growing up opptional
Post #13096
Posted Monday, September 11, 2017 2:23:02 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Rephill:

Thanks for your input!

Post #13097
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

«««1234»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 2:55am