FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

12»»

FSFlyingSchool Pro Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, September 08, 2012 12:07:57 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, September 19, 2014 7:19:44 PM
I have downloaded the program but it says No P3D found. It is definately there along with the bill but wont run.
Post #10152
Posted Saturday, September 08, 2012 2:30:53 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Yesterday @ 4:09:25 AM
Hi:

We'd like to help - but need a little more data...

>> I have downloaded the program

Which program exactly? FSFlyingSchool Pro for P3D or something else?

>> but it says No P3D found.

Is P3D running on the PC at this time?

Is the pilot at the controls of the plane?

>> It is definately there along with the bill but wont run.

What is "the bill"?

Have you installed the free download of FSUIPC version 4.8 or above as directed by the FSFS Pro installation program? This is essential for FSFS to function.
You can download version 4.84 from here: http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

Please let me know how you get on.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #10155
Posted Saturday, September 08, 2012 4:12:41 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

G'Day. Thanks for the reply 1. FSESPro for PD3 will not run although the files are all there and the 'Bill' is to say there is nothing missing and a full transaction has taken place i.e. payment is not causing a delay, I have the files. I also downloaded FSUIPC4, install, Key and documents. but I cannot open FSUIPC4 and I cannot see what else I can download to open them on the FSFSPro site. It might just be a reader or a link that I have missed. As for a pilot, I have not got that far although FSX runs perfectly, ther is nothing in the programme files or modules that appear to have changed  
Post #10156
Posted Saturday, September 08, 2012 6:23:44 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi:

It sounds like the FSUIPC connection is the issue.

FSUIPC has to be installed and running correctly for FSFS Pro to communicate with P3D.

When installed correctly, FSUIPC appears on the "Add-ons" menu of P3D when you are sitting at the controls "in a plane" and not off at some menu or configuration screen.

We need to make sure that it is on that menu. There is no need to select it from that menu - it simply has to appear there.

So... is it there?

If it is there, then you must also be sure to launch P3D first, and get into a plane, before you start the FSFS Pro program and finally press CONNECT in FSFS Pro to connect the two.

Another factor is that Windows security has become so tight that in order for FSFS Pro to function correctly it is necessary that:

- The same user installed P3D and FSFS Pro and FSUIPC.

- That same user who installed all the software is running P3D and FSFS Pro.

- That user is an administrator on that PC.

- It may also be necessary to right click on the shortcut that launches FSFS Pro and choose "Run as Administrator" in order to avoid problems with Windows Security. This is the most frequent solution to this type of problem.

Please let me know how you get on.

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #10159
Posted Monday, September 10, 2012 11:59:29 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

G'Day All

Re FSFSPro and PREPAR3D. I can run the basic P3D. I have a very capable system. I have loaded everything I can imagine. I have tried every combination suggested and I cannot get FSFSPro to attach or to run. I have FSUIPC v4 but it comes up with the Java icon saying I cannot launch it. I have tried about 20 programmes to launch it. Is there a special programme I have to have, to launch the FSUIPC v4 ? or register it? or convert it? or talk to it? and if so, what is it, where can I buy it, download it?

Regards euqrahp

Post #10175
Posted Tuesday, September 11, 2012 3:15:06 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi:

I need to be very clear on details - I am not clear on whether FSUIPC has been installed - FSUIPC has to be installed and running correctly for FSFS Pro to communicate with P3D.

When installed correctly, FSUIPC appears on the "Add-ons" menu of P3D when you are sitting at the controls "in a plane" and not off at some menu or configuration screen.

We need to make sure that it is on that menu. There is no need to select it from that menu - it simply has to appear there.

Is it there?

Post #10176
Posted Wednesday, September 12, 2012 2:35:31 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

G'Day

I have sucessfully ran PREPAR3D as a stand alone and have tried to introduce FSPro from the ADD_ONS list. There is a screen comes up and it tells me that the two programmes in it have not been registered. It says that I have to shut down and register the two, the screen also says that I have to Have the WIDEFS3 Key part of FSUIPC4. I try to register it with every alternative, and as much patience as I can muster and it fails. The first screen that comes up is a Java programme which says that it is not able to register/recognise the programme. WHAT DO I NEED TO REGISTER THE PROGRAMME?

Regards Julian

Post #10177
Posted Thursday, September 13, 2012 1:59:13 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Julian:

I will reply to your latest post firstly, and then explain what you need to do... (please let me know how you get on).

>> I have sucessfully ran PREPAR3D as a stand alone

Excellent!

>> and have tried to introduce FSPro from the ADD_ONS list.

FSFS Pro will never appear on the Add-ons menu of P3D. That is not how it works.

>> There is a screen comes up and it tells me that the two programmes in it have not been registered.

You need to register FSFS Pro, but you do not need to register FSUIPC - this is discussed in detail in the manual.
You register FSFS Pro with codes you purchased from us or one of our vendors.
You do not register FSUIPC - you simply use the free version.

>> It says that I have to shut down and register the two

FSFS Pro will tell you to shut down and install FSUIPC if you have not done so.

>> the screen also says that I have to Have the WIDEFS3 Key part of FSUIPC4.

I cannot imagine what this means. FSFS will not say this. You do not need anything at all relating to WideFS.

>> I try to register it with every alternative, and as much patience as I can muster and it fails. The first screen that comes up is a Java programme which says that it is not able to register/recognise the programme. WHAT DO I NEED TO REGISTER THE PROGRAMME?

In order to set it all up...

- Quit all programs.

- Install FSFS Pro for P3D (skip if already installed).

- Launch FSFS Pro for P3D and click on the credits page and copy and paste your registration data into the 4 fields there and press the register button.

- Quit FSFS Pro.

- Download the latest free version of FSUIPC 4.8 or higher from here... http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

- Install FSUIPC and if asked to register - press cancel at that point. It will be installed - no need to register.

- Launch P3D and make sure that FSUIPC appears on the Add-ons menu when you are sitting in a plane. If it does not, you need to try to install FSUIPC again - you did not install it correctly.

- Once FSUIPC appears on the menu as described above you are ready to launch FSFS Pro.

- Launch FSFS Pro and press the Connect button and go flying with FSFS Pro with P3D.

End of instructions.

Post #10180
Posted Friday, September 14, 2012 3:27:03 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Launch PD3 and make sure that FSUIPC appears on the Add-ons menu when you are sitting in a plane. I do all that !

I chose the "Emergency' and 'Civil Air Patrol Search'

FSUIPC is there, it is the only thing there in the Add-ons menu! When I select i,t it shows a white screen saying it is unregistered and will not provide full functionality.

Launch FSFS Pro and press the connect button and go flying with FSFS Pro with P3D

It launches and tells me it is connecting. It also suggests I right click and open as ADMINISTRATOR. I do that

I go back to PD3, I am sitting in the cockpit ready to go and press 'P' to release 'pause'. Within seconds a voice tells me FSFS disconnecting?

....? 

Post #10181
Posted Friday, September 14, 2012 8:25:25 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi:

This is very good progress. We know that:

- FSUIPC is installed correctly - nothing more to do there.

- FSFS connects to P3D - it tells you this verbally.

What we need to do now is look at the Log Book screen of FSFS when it disconnects - it always shows the reason for the disconnection.

From the information I have, it sounds like the disconnection occurs because FSFS is not registered and you are not flying within the demo zone at Chicago.

Please register FSFS (not FSUIPC) and then try it again.

If a disconnection still occurs, please tell me what the Log Book screen of FSFS says when it disconnects - it always shows the reason for the disconnection.

Post #10182
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 4:55pm