Problems with flights

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Problems with flights Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, September 15, 2012 11:21:45 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, September 16, 2012 9:41:20 AM
I have been useing FSIA for approx. 3 months. I am haveing the same problem as you. Exactly the same. At times no matter what I doo I'm in the weeds. Altitude does not make any difference. HELP Squadron Leader.
Post #10186
Posted Saturday, September 15, 2012 11:37:39 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Hi Squadron Leader,

Have tried it every which way, AP, AT off, every thing off. Will fly 2 to 3 minutes and down she goes. this happens 80% of the time. If I am at 6000ft or better the engines might have time to spool up and pull out below 700ft. Tried deleting FSIA & downloading latest version, same problem. Tried same w/FSUIP4, same thing. Getting tired.

Stock 747, fsx gold w/ acceleration, win 7 64 bit home premium.

Thank you

Post #10187
Posted Sunday, September 16, 2012 1:46:43 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
Hi GG:

Sorry to hear you are experiencing problems.

The most important thing to start with here is that 100s of folks all over of the world are using this with no problem. If all the planes were falling out of the sky then we would be under a pile of support emails, and posts here on the forum, and neither of these are the case. This is encouraging!

So... we have to try to determine what it is about your case that is exceptional.

There are of course many, many variables involved in the investigation of any issue with Flight Simulator, so I will assume nothing and ask some questions - please answer them all and we will continue:

- Does this occur if you start off already in the air flying at cruise speed?

- Does this occur if you start off already on the ground and stopped?

- You say the plane flies for 2 or 3 minutes and THEN falls to the ground - have I got that right?

- You've used FSIA for 3 months and this happens 80% of the time - that's a heck of a lot of plane crashes! Has this been the pattern for all 3 of those months?

- Does this occur with other airplanes? If so which please?

- What is the selected runway, speed, altitude, distance, intersecting distance set in FSIA before connecting?

Finally, please try with a c172 already set up in the air at cruise speed, then set up FSIA to do a simple approach from 3 miles out with no fixed starting altitude and no intersecting approach leg. No ILS. No autopilot.

Please let me know what you find.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #10191
Posted Sunday, September 16, 2012 8:36:02 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

hello SL,

look at clarkie, i'm not the only one!

does not matter what airport, plane, on runway or in the air.

this has been going on for about 3 weeks after I had to redownnload. had to redownload due to a complete clean reinstall of fsx, uninstalled all addons.

never happened befor redownload

setup scene. Ktpa, rr 36l, 200kts, ils onl,y 30 to 35 miles out, alt. 3kft to 6kft.

will be setting up new puter this week, let you knoe what happens.

Post #10192
Posted Sunday, September 16, 2012 10:58:06 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Monday, March 25, 2024 6:29:32 AM
Hi GG:

You are not alone in this issue, for sure.

I look forward to getting the data I requested from Clarkie - it all helps.

You make an extremely important point - the problem never occurred before you downloaded and installed for a second time. It did not occur before this.

Can you tell me the FSIA version you have now and estimate the FSIA version you were using before?

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #10193
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 9:08am