What to do when FSFS presents incorrect aircraft data?

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

What to do when FSFS presents incorrect... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, October 08, 2009 8:10:29 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
stanshear (10/8/2009)
Hi Squadron Leader

Yup I certainly agree that we should share out observations. I didn't realize that you were a developer and wrote direct to FSFS - thanks for the speedy reply.

Closing the cowl flaps DID resolve the spoiler problem, and my user-defined data has solved the flaps problem. I went to the AIRCRAFT floder and found that you DON'T have a Dreamfleet Baron 85 but just the LITE version, so now I'm confused. I have pasted my fsu details below. (The file attachment problem is still there and my computer freezes when I try and attach a file) BUT you'll notice it's the same as the fsr version that was detected, although I changed the numbers, and when I connect, my user data is recognized. I don't understand this. I can let you have my numbers but will have to go into FS and connect to do so, and unfortunately am rushed for time right now.

Just one more small problem, while I am communicating with you: When I descend during cruise, for whatever reason, or start descending about 35 nm out for an approach, FSFS thinks I'm going to land and immediately instructs me to lower gear and flaps, which is innapropriate at that stage. I ignore this and continue flying, but FSFS constantly reminds me, and of course I lose points. How do I handle this situation?

USER-DEFINE BARON 85 (DreamFleet Baron 58 RXP.fsu)

[flaps.0]
flaps-position.1=15 Here the .fsr files have 12
flaps-position.2=30
flaps-position.3=0
flaps-position.4=0
flaps-position.5=0
flaps-position.6=0
flaps-position.7=0
flaps-position.8=0
flaps-position.9=0

[reference speeds]
IASTooFastForFlaps0=152
IASTooFastForFlaps1=122
IASTooFastForFlaps2=0
IASTooFastForFlaps3=0
IASTooFastForFlaps4=0
IASTooFastForFlaps5=0
IASTooFastForFlaps6=0
IASTooFastForFlaps7=0
IASTooFastForFlaps8=0
IASStallCruise=84
IASStallLanding=73
IASSlowDown=88888
MaxGearExtension=152

[misc settings]
RetractableGear=1
MixtureControl=0
Spoilers=0
FloatPlane=0
FlapsDownDuringTaxi=0

Stan.

In my aircraft folder I have two Dreamfleet baron files, one LITE and one RXP. And in your text above you have no underscores in the filename, but in the .fsr files there are underscores. Notice that.

And, in my .fsr files the flap one is set to 12, and your .fsu file has 15, so there is a difference between the files.

As for the landing mode problem. If you go to the pilots tab in FSFS, you will fine to the bottom left a possibility to uncheck automatic detection of cruisemode and landingmode. I always fly without it, as I want to decide when Im in which mode.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #5235
Posted Thursday, October 08, 2009 8:22:41 AM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, December 23, 2010 11:16:00 AM
Hi Ole

Thanks for the info about unchecking the automatic detection.

I redefined the name of my fsu file, so it does pick it up when I connect.  What I have in my aircraft file is:

beech_baron_58.fsr

DreamFleet_Baron_58_Lite.fsr

DreamFleet_A36_Tip_Tanks.fsr

and mine: DreamFleet Baron 58 RXP.fsu

I'm quite happy continuing to fly my revised version, but of course cannot post my scores with the fsu. 

Gotta go to work now.

Stan

Post #5236
Posted Thursday, October 08, 2009 2:52:17 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

As a matter of interest, regarding Ole's previous post about leaving out the underscores in the .fsu files, I reinstalled FSFS, added all the aircraft in the zip file of updates (overwriting the defaults), re-loaded a Dreamfleet Baron flight, and saved a new user-defined file.  I found that the new name (which I copied and pasted from the default) automatically removed the underscores.  This doesn't seem to make any difference and the aircraft is performing fine with FSFS apart from the spoiler problem, which is removed when I keep the cowl flaps closed.  I'm sure this should be able to be corrected programatically - Squad. Leader?

Stan

Post #5238
Posted Friday, October 09, 2009 9:24:46 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Stan:

The file naming conventions are not terribly consistent amongst 3rd party developers of aircraft for FS.

Sometimes spaces are used, sometimes underscores, sometimes nothing at all.

Sometimes they provide flap speed (etc) data, sometimes not.

FSFS does what it can to sort all this out.

We are certainly going to implement a means to allow the user to "insist" that a plane has no spoilers, if desired.

It appears that the cowl flaps position data is coming through on the same "channel" within FS as the spoiler position data.

Glad to hear you are up and flying with us.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #5239
Posted Friday, October 09, 2009 2:13:15 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

Thanks for the feedback.  FSFS is a good product and well worth the investment.

One small question  - is it possible to delete any of the logs?  A lot of time is spent experimenting and fooling around, and it might be nice to have a record of planned flights only.  Not a serious problem, but just asking. 

Another comment - I love the humerous comments, and there could be more of them.

Stan

Post #5242
Posted Saturday, October 10, 2009 1:29:33 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
stanshear (10/9/2009)
Thanks for the feedback. FSFS is a good product and well worth the investment.

One small question - is it possible to delete any of the logs? A lot of time is spent experimenting and fooling around, and it might be nice to have a record of planned flights only. Not a serious problem, but just asking.

Another comment - I love the humerous comments, and there could be more of them.

Stan

Stan.

Cannot delete part of logs. Done flights are done flights. BUT you can go to the pilots tab and create a pilot that you use for experimenting, and another for planned flights, this way you can keep them seperated...

I also always fly with all comments on. background chatter and all. Brings life into it, and thats nice.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #5245
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 6:01pm