FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

12»»

A Seem to have lost most of my airports Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, October 10, 2009 11:45:17 AM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Sunday, January 29, 2023 1:59:57 PM
Ole , Bruce , help help

A seem to have lost all my airport scenery in fax. When it loads its says installing new scenery. Since this happen i have lost most of my airport building. I have done a system restore twice and each time when i start fsx it says installing new scenery files even though i havent installed any.

Joseph

Post #5249
Posted Saturday, October 10, 2009 1:00:57 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
JOSEPH767UK (10/10/2009)
Ole , Bruce , help help

A seem to have lost all my airport scenery in fax. When it loads its says installing new scenery. Since this happen i have lost most of my airport building. I have done a system restore twice and each time when i start fsx it says installing new scenery files even though i havent installed any.

Joseph

Joseph...

What are you doing? Hm... I have no idea what happened to you. What caused the problem in the first place, if you know?

System restores will cause installed programs - installed after the point where you restore to, to be lost, so how far back have you restored?

When you say you lost your airports - do you mean add on airports? or default stuff too? Try to go to edit scenery or what its called (im not on my regular pc right now) and see if anything is unchecked, that should be checked...

Specifics please, so we can think what the frig happened. But if youre completly lost you might have to do the ultimate restore.... Reinstall FSX! and thats a bitch, because of all the things needed to be reinstalled. Oh God dont let that happen to me - ever - please!!!

Sorry Joseph. Does any of this make sense?

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #5250
Posted Saturday, October 10, 2009 2:11:00 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Hi ole,

well i looked in the scenery libuary and all is checked . I never change anything in that ever. I did install the scenery from australia that bruce gave  us but thats all. All at once when i started  fsx it say please wait installing new senery files. I think why thats happen i havent installed anything. I havent changed any sliders our nothing. Fs 9 is fine its just fsx.

If i uninstall fsx a think maybe it will detect all my installed add ons automatic. I dont really know. help

Post #5251
Posted Saturday, October 10, 2009 2:55:04 PM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

In the scenery library, can you see the Australian things you installed? if that is checked, then please uncheck it and let the scenery library update, then try to look at the scenery.

If you uninstall FSX then you WILL have to install every add on again, from scratch. Many of the add ons makes changes in .cfg files in FSX and all that will be lost on reinstall, so no way around that.

was it all the airports, or "just" the add on ones? If its the add ons, then try to reinstall one add on airport and see if it is there. And if it is, then sorry but install your add on airports again. You can install them little by little if you have many, just start with the most important ones, or what do I know....

Perhaps your scenery .cfg file has been corrupted on the aussie install - by error - mine didnt take any hits, so... but with computers its not always comprehensible.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #5252
Posted Saturday, October 10, 2009 4:18:22 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

Hi

i uninstalled the ausi scenery and still the same. Paris degaul lookes like a farmers field. Its looking like a complete uninstall of fsx. I been at it all night am going to bed.

Joseph

Post #5254
Posted Saturday, October 10, 2009 4:22:09 PM

Don´t uninstall FSX until some of the others - for instance SL: has looked at this post. They might have a wonder cure. Who knows. Sleep well and look at it again tommorow.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #5255
Posted Sunday, October 11, 2009 4:18:44 AM

Last Login: Monday, January 17, 2011 6:45:44 AM
Joseph

I think the key question is as follows;

Think about the last time you were succesfully in fsx and everything was working fine

Have you added, changed or deleted anything within fsx in the period between it being ok and it becoming corrupt, or

did you just start fsx and it was corrupt without you having done anything?

If we can identify what has caused the problem then it should be solvable.

Bruce

Post #5256
Posted Sunday, October 11, 2009 4:24:02 AM

Bruce - It seems that it was when he installed the Australian scenery that things went bad, but restore and uninstall dosent work, so I suspect that a .cfg file gone bad. That dosent change back on restore - I know that from experience.... and if Joseph dosent have the old .cfg file then he is basically f...ehrm.. in the nick!

Good that youre back btw Bruce. Missed you!

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #5257
Posted Sunday, October 11, 2009 4:26:52 AM

Joseph

Just a thought. Did this happen immediately after you installed the Oz scenery? If so --exactly which Oz scenery did you install?  Which programme? If it was the OrbX Scenery (house roads etc) then with it comes a "FTX Conroller" shortcut where you can switch it on and off in case it causes a problem to default scenery in the rest of the world. I never switch mine off and have no problems. Some people do have problems and therefore have to use the FTX Controller

Biggles

Post #5258
Posted Sunday, October 11, 2009 4:28:13 AM

oleandreasen (10/11/2009)

Good that youre back btw Bruce. Missed you!

Bruce

Post #5259
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 4:53am