A Seem to have lost most of my airports

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

A Seem to have lost most of my airports Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Sunday, October 11, 2009 4:34:29 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, January 17, 2011 6:45:44 AM
Joseph

Was this Orbx scenery (payware)

or

OZx v2 300+airfields followed by ugrade 2.1 & upgrade 2.2 (free)

Need to know!!

Biggles

Post #5260
Posted Sunday, October 11, 2009 5:30:08 AM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Last Login: Sunday, January 29, 2023 1:59:57 PM
Hi bruce,

it was the freeware.I am thinking this isnt the problem because i delete the scenery and still the same.

joseph

Post #5262
Posted Sunday, October 11, 2009 5:37:44 AM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Hi bruce,

when i was flying in australia all seem fine. It was only yesterday then i was flying in the uk and i noticed that the scenery at the airports had mostley gone. The planes were there all the trafic x was there . Maybe a one our two building and that was it. So i unchecked the aus scenery ,still the same, deleted it still the same. Am thinking the aus scenery isnt the problem but i dont really know for sure. Am going to try it now and see whats its like today. All i did was install the freeware and maybe 3 airports from the aus site.

joseph

Post #5264
Posted Sunday, October 11, 2009 5:42:25 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Joseph. This probably wont do any good at all, but still.

Try to locate your FSX.CFG file (its in the: yourdriveletter:\Documents and Settings\yourname\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX

You need to uncheck hidden folders to see it. Delete the fsx.cfg (or better move the fsx.cfg file to your desktop) dont copy - move! and then start FSX again. it will rebuild the .cfg file.

Honestly I dont think it will do any good, but its a fast, easy thing to do.... and it does no harm.

Ole

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #5265
Posted Sunday, October 11, 2009 7:56:02 AM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

Hi guys

Sorry to disturbe you in such an intement moment. Ok well just to let you know i have finaly soulved the f in problem and what a nightmare it as been.

ok here what a had to do in case it ever happens to you guys

1/ uninstall and delete aus files and airport freeware

2/ before starting fsx hold down ctrl + shift and keep down until aircraft on a runway

( this resets all config files to default) when fsx is opening it will detect all your installed add ons and will ask you if you trust just press yes)

After all this set all your sliders to original and all the other settings.

so thats it . and what a weekend i have had . I should have been flying but  no all this bloody stress.

No more freeware files for me thats for sure.

joseph

church time

Post #5266
Posted Sunday, October 11, 2009 8:16:04 AM

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
JOSEPH767UK (10/11/2009)
Hi guys

Sorry to disturbe you in such an intement moment. Ok well just to let you know i have finaly soulved the f in problem and what a nightmare it as been.

ok here what a had to do in case it ever happens to you guys

1/ uninstall and delete aus files and airport freeware

2/ before starting fsx hold down ctrl + shift and keep down until aircraft on a runway

( this resets all config files to default) when fsx is opening it will detect all your installed add ons and will ask you if you trust just press yes)

After all this set all your sliders to original and all the other settings.

so thats it . and what a weekend i have had . I should have been flying but no all this bloody stress.

No more freeware files for me thats for sure.

joseph

church time

Joseph.

Listen... You ran into a problem of some kind. Joe, Bruce and I have installed the same freeware without problems. So dont get afraid of freeware. This partitular freeware is of outstanding quality.

And Joseph - you learned something, and not only that, you passed the knowledge on to the rest of us. I had no idea of the trick to reset all cfg. files, but that is amazing. I will keep that in mind from now on.

So from the questioneer you became the teacher and thats not bad for a weekends work - is it?

Im just happy that you solved your problem, and without the nightmare of having to reinstall the entire FSX and addons. This is only a minor problem in comparison.

And hey, its still sunday, so use the rest of the day - after church of course to fly...

See you in Sydney - soon now.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #5268
Posted Sunday, October 11, 2009 10:39:44 AM

Last Login: Monday, January 17, 2011 6:45:44 AM
JOSEPH767UK (10/11/2009)
Hi guys

Glad youve sorted the problem. A strange one. 

Where did you read about that "ctrl+shift" tip??????? and are there any more like that???????

Biggles

Post #5272
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 2:43pm