Can,t get FSIA to even start

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Can,t get FSIA to even start Expand / Collapse
Author
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Friday, August 08, 2014 5:42:20 PM
SquadronLeader,
As hard as I've tried, I can,t get FSIA to start. I fire up FSX, start the engines and set flaps, position the A/C at the end of different runways, in FSX windowed mode, then click the FSIA Shortcut and EVERY TIME I get the error box from FSIA. I have literally never seen the FSIA GUI. I have never had trouble running any program with FSX. Same thing with FS9.

I am running FSUIPC registered version. (4.81 for FSX), XP SP2, I startup with FSX Camera.(?), Everything runs very well. I love the description of the program and would like to buy. Is it solution right under my nose?

Any help is appreciated.
Gary

I have everything installed in default directories.
Post #9516
Posted Monday, March 19, 2012 1:32:55 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Today @ 4:09:25 AM
Hi -

Thanks for your interest in FSIA!

Sorry to hear you are having problems with it.

"I get the error box from FSIA"

What does it say?

What is the date and size of the installation (set up) program for FSIA that you downloaded?

If you run the FSIA installation program (do not do the whole installation again - we just want some information from it) you will see a date at the 2nd screen of the installation process. The latest version says: "FS Instant Approach Installer - (16th March 2012)"

Make a note of the date and then cancel the installation process.

What does yours say?

If not 16th March - then please download and install the latest version from here.

Finally - can you take a screen shot of the entire screen, with the error on it, and send it to support@fsflyingschool.com? This will tell us a lot.

To send us a screen shot, press the Print Scrn (print screen) button on your PC keyboard to capture the entire screen and then PASTE that information into an email.

To PASTE the screen capture, simply press Ctrl V while typing in the body of an email to us. The email will need to be in HTML format (not plain text).

If you have any problems doing this - you can always just take a picture of the screen with a digital camera and send us that picture. As long as the picture is clear we can use that!

Please make sure that the screen shot is full size - we have to be able to read the text!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #9517
Posted Monday, March 19, 2012 1:01:12 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Friday, August 08, 2014 5:42:20 PM
SquadronLeader:

I have complied with all your directions. I already have sent an e-mail to your support. BTW I did reinstall VBRUN files from Microsoft.  Standing by for further orders.

Gary

Post #9518
Posted Tuesday, March 20, 2012 2:24:36 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi -

Thanks - we have the screen shot and we are looking into it. We will let you know what we find ASAP!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #9519
Posted Sunday, December 11, 2022 6:46:15 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Sunday, December 11, 2022 6:34:45 AM
Hello,
I'm having a similar problem. I can start FSIA, but then it immediately goes into "not responding" and there is no recovery. I am running as the administrator on windows 10, new computer purpose bought for flight simulation (intel 12900k, 32G ram, GPU 3080Ti).
I have been able to register and download and install the x-plane 12 plugin which appears to be ok.

If I start x-plane 12 and the try to start FSIA - its says at the bottom of the initial screen that it is "monitoring x-plane" but then freezes.

Anyway FSIA is dead in the water. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Post #14766
Posted Sunday, December 11, 2022 7:28:02 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi liamcliff1:

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with it - I am sure we can get things sorted out quickly for you.

1. I understand that you have been able to launch FS Instant Approach and see it "monitoring X-Plane".

Were you able to tell it where X-Plane is on your PC at some point? (Did it run correctly once and has since stopped?)

2. As there are many ways to run things as an administrator - please try the following method exactly as described as this may solve the issue...
Run FS Instant Approach 'as an administrator'.
You should do this even if you are the only person who uses the PC and even if you are an administrator.
To do this, right click on the FS Instant Approach icon, shortcut or menu item you use to launch FS Instant Approach, select
'Properties' from the menu, select the 'Compatibility' tab, and turn ON 'Run this program as an administrator'.

Please let me know how you get on.

Post #14767
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 5:29pm