Voice recognition a slow learner?

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Voice recognition a slow learner? Expand / Collapse
Author
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 3:19:47 PM
Hi there,

I have FlyingSchool 2011 with Cessna details and voice pack, and I am having great difficulty teaching Windows to understand any of the commands. After many hours talking to myself I need some help.

Maybe it is my Kiwi accent, or more likely my headset microphone. Which will only reach to the corner of my mouth, even though it was not cheap. Could you please recommend a good headset and let me know the best place to get it.

Any other suggestions would also be greatly appreciated. I run FSX on W7 Home Premium.

Thanks

Roger

NZWR

Post #8973
Posted Wednesday, July 27, 2011 2:26:46 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi:

Thanks for your interest in FSFS.

There are many items that have to be set just right in order for all this to work: background noise, microphone position, headset feedback, training, etc.

Please see the detailed description in the Voice Pack PDF manual.

We do not recommend any particular headset - we've used several and they all have one thing in common - they are all CHEAP and work very well.

One thing I will say is that it is important to create a new voice profile in the Windows training if there is any chance that the existing profile was created with different hardware or in a different environment.

The microphone should be just off to the side of your mouth.

Also make sure that Windows' own Voice Recognition Application (the little program you can see running on the screen - if you opted to launch it) is NOT running when you are trying to use FSFS with the Voice Pack.

Please let me know how you get on.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #8974
Posted Wednesday, July 27, 2011 3:29:48 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, July 27, 2011 3:19:47 PM
Thanks for that,

I will reread the manual to see if I'm doing something wrong. Though I have not got as far as trying to use the voice recognition in FlyingSchool yet, as Windows can not understand me. I will go back to the Windows training and see which happens first, I train it or it trains me.

It is good to know that it seems that I don't need to replace my headset though.

Roger

NZWR

Post #8977
Posted Thursday, July 28, 2011 3:00:06 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Sounds like a good plan!

It is our experience that no matter what type of headset is used - we get excellent results, so long as the other factors are all considered.

The worst results we got were when an old, trained profile was used with a new (different) headset - Windows recognised only about 60% of what was being said. 

So we started a brand NEW profile and all was well.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #8979
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 9:19am