Voice commands

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Voice commands Expand / Collapse
Author
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Tuesday, November 06, 2012 2:29:53 AM
Hi All,

Really getting  into FSchool & generally seem to have it under control. By having someone constantly monitoring my efforts at flying and telling me instantly when I am out of order has put a completely new perspective on flying in all fields in particular landing, something I thought I was getting good at--was told in no uncertain terms I was useless at--and now seem to be  getting much better at. Landing has now become the most enjoyable part of flying.

However I bought the Voice command pack and set it all up and it worked well until it rapidly started to misfunction to the point where it would not hear or respond to my commands although I was constantly being told "I can hear you" to what could only have been breathing/or lesser sound?? I have regulated the Mic and the speech commands are recognised by other programs-- I have uninstalled /reinstalled to no avail Suggestions please

Spec. Win.7Pro.64bit--Asus Crosshair V Formula.series.--AMD Bulldozer Black Edit. FX-8150 x8 core.3.6(4.2max) 223W
Asus nVidia GeForce GTX570 1280mb GDDR5--Corsair Vengance16Gb DDR3 1600--1T WD HDD--Saitek X52--TrakIR 5.

Post #8880
Posted Wednesday, June 29, 2011 4:22:40 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi -

Glad you are enjoying FSFS!

You mention:

"it worked well until it rapidly started to misfunction"

and so we must wonder what changed?

There are a number of different issues that can affect speech recognition and these are described in detail in the FSFS Voice Pack manual.

Typical causes could be the microphone itself, position of the microphone, loudness of your voice, background noise from the general environment, background noise from your speakers, background noise from your headset speakers, a change in the trained voice profile, and change in the windows speech recognition volume settings, etc.

Can you think back to when it worked and recall anything that changed, at the time the fault was introduced?

Also - you will have much better control of it if you turn it on and off with the special key that FSFS provides for this purpose - that way it is just picking up sound when you want it to pick up sound. Are you using this key?

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #8882
Posted Thursday, June 30, 2011 1:06:44 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Sorry about the delay in replying but I was  checking through your suggestions but sadly to no avail. I have two copies of XPlane on the computer-one has the Beta factor on it but otherwise they are the same. One has a few more planes as I tend  to tryout new stuff on it then transfer the best to the second copy which is kept very clean.

Voice command worked on both of them. I have unninstalled Voice command to the last tiny File and reinstalled. I have re-run, re-adjusted and re-profiled the sound system & installed the latest drivers. I have re-run and re-profiled Micro. Speech which seems Hunkey Dory except within Voice command. I have had the occasional response & a command recognised a couple of times and even went to the Try out Zone KORD where I got a couple of "I can hear you's and a couple of written Rogers" but Nowt else.

Are there known issues with the program? I am running XP Ser.P 3x32bit. on a new build computer which handles XPlane/AutoCad well and even the heavy FSX which I very rarely use now. This is ????

Spec. Win.7Pro.64bit--Asus Crosshair V Formula.series.--AMD Bulldozer Black Edit. FX-8150 x8 core.3.6(4.2max) 223W
Asus nVidia GeForce GTX570 1280mb GDDR5--Corsair Vengance16Gb DDR3 1600--1T WD HDD--Saitek X52--TrakIR 5.

Post #8885
Posted Thursday, June 30, 2011 5:16:00 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Last Login: Wednesday, December 20, 2023 2:22:17 AM
What are your FSFlyingSchool voice command settings?

Post #8887
Posted Friday, July 01, 2011 8:28:47 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

Hi Folks, Well I went through all your suggestions several times more. Felt assured the Voice command and Mic were in order so messed with the speakers--AND-- something I never use but is always on came into the equation--Rumble earphones!!! Switched  off Rumble and gave the Training Tutor a new pair of ears-Great to have it working and I can say "Be quite please" when the nagging gets too much--can't do that with the Missus! Thanks for your help-Appreciated

Post #8891
Posted Saturday, July 02, 2011 3:52:56 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Excellent result - thanks for letting us know, as it all helps with the information being here in the forum for others to search and get fast resolutions to problems - have a great weekend!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #8900
Posted Saturday, July 02, 2011 4:51:52 PM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

Cheers. Treated myself to new Headset/Mic. today and had a problem with over sensitivity-getting endless responses without giving commands. Would just like to add that the two settings available at-<Contol panel><Speech><Settings><Recognition profile settings> are really important in tuning the Mic for FSFSchool. Its trial and error but once the balance is found it runs 'Sweet as a nut'.

Post #8907
Posted Sunday, July 03, 2011 9:21:36 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Fantastic - and again thanks for sharing the details with us. It all helps everyone.

Post #8914
Posted Thursday, September 22, 2011 9:08:40 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

Just to conclude this one for others. It seems a lot of these problems were down to using OS Win XP Pro 32 bit. Upgrading to Win 7 Pro 64bit sorted everything automatically. The Speech recognition in Win 7 is exceptional and seems to set itself up. I have never had a single problem communicating with FSFl.Sch since.

Post #9011
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 12:30pm