Error-2147467259

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Error-2147467259 Expand / Collapse
Author
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, April 06, 2011 1:41:34 PM
Error - 2147467259 - Unable to play the file on the decive

-------------------------------

Here is the problem, anytime I click anything that has to do with listening to sample pilots, or run the program it closes iwth this error.

I have the "default soundcard" setting selected and it still errors,  I don't need a updated driver. It's updated.  Also running Windows 7 computer only 6 months old.   I've even tried clicking the "other"  settings for soundcard and selecting the other two options.. No Good.

Nothing works the prggram keeps closing with this error.

I'll even just launch Xplane.. with 172 on ramp ready to go.. .launch Flight School... click connect...  it shows "loading" in the Xplane program, then it erros and quits...

Any ideas?   I'm currently trying to use this for our Aviation Program in our Boys & Girls Club it would be great if this thing worked???????

Any help would be great!

-Mike

Post #8724
Posted Saturday, April 02, 2011 1:11:44 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Wednesday, December 20, 2023 2:22:17 AM
Could you try ticking the "disable sound" checkbox, and not ticking the "captions" checkbox in FSFlyingSchool and see if the error still occurs? This will help us pin down exactly what's failing.

We have had reports if this problem, but it's been caused by a variety of odd issues such as skype, USB headphones, etc.
http://www.fsflyingschool.com/forum/Topic2278-5-1.aspx?Highlight=2147467259
http://www.fsflyingschool.com/forum/Topic2933-5-1.aspx?Highlight=2147467259
Post #8725
Posted Saturday, April 02, 2011 9:26:15 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Oaky, well I can't find "disable sound" but what I ddi find was a box for "Spoken Tips" which I disabled. Also, for voice commands I have OFF. Both of these are found in the "Settings" area.

Under Aircraft, I disabled the Instructor's Altitude Calls and nothing else is activated ie: monitor engines, beacon, strobe etc...

Under Pilot: I've disabled "display Captions in X-Plane

And I'm still getting the Error....

(I do start to get a "loading" message in x-plane but then it quits on me (FS flying school quits not x-plane)

Post #8728
Posted Saturday, April 02, 2011 9:36:00 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

UPDATE!!!

Okay... SORRY ABOUT THAT, I found the "Disable Sound" under the Pilot settings... I did that and IT WORKS! Didn't quit on me and I took off and landed and it recorded the information etc...

So now that we know it's a sound issue... anything to fix it?

Post #8729
Posted Saturday, April 02, 2011 9:44:29 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

SECOND UPDATE: PROBLEM SOLVED!!

I had a problem that came with the computer for HD Audio called RealTek HD Audio that was trying to have use a "output" on default disabled that and works GREAT.

This program is fantastic, can't wait to use it with our Aviation Program here at the Boys & Girls Club... THANKS GUYS!

Mike
www.BGCAviation.org
Post #8730
Posted Sunday, April 03, 2011 2:37:09 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Wednesday, December 20, 2023 2:22:17 AM
Excellent news!

Let us know how the teaching goes.
Post #8734
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 12:34pm