Run-time error

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Run-time error Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Tuesday, December 28, 2010 6:01:06 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, July 25, 2011 1:09:17 AM
Hello,

Recently purchased FSFS2010 and it worked fine the first few flights. I then created a new pilot and since, when I try to connect to FSX I get:

Run-time error '-2147023728 (80070490)':

Automation error

Element not Found.

After clicking the "Load Pilot" button, the created pilot file is there. However it is not in the "Pilot Roster" folder. I don't see anyway to delete saved pilots. I've tried to uninstall/reinstall but this program reinstalls already registered with the same 'Ghost Pilots' still showing. What to do?

Love FSFS and want to get it working again. Your help is appreciated.

Post #8402
Posted Wednesday, December 29, 2010 3:36:11 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Wednesday, December 20, 2023 2:22:17 AM
Try deleting the settings.ini file from the FSFlyingSchool folder.

Let us know the results?
Post #8408
Posted Friday, December 30, 2011 9:11:16 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Sunday, December 02, 2012 10:47:25 AM
I ran into this problem as well. Mine started after using the voice command, destination airport data. I got airnav but then I could not get back to FSX. It minimized and then would not open again. The next time I connected fsfs to fsx I got the runtime error message. I tried deleting the settings file with no success. It brought me back to demo mode and I had to re-register. As long as I choose key or on in the voice command status I cannot connect and continue to get the run time error message. If I choose off-no voice command, it will connect with out error. I have the voice pack and would like to use it. Everything seemed to be working fine before this happened. Some advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks. Hunter
Post #9232
Posted Saturday, December 31, 2011 2:32:58 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi:

I am a big believer in cause and effect, but cannot match being taken to the AirNav site to a problem such as this. This is what happened, as you say, but I can't imagine a connection... so... let us continue to explore the case...

Firstly, overall, the user has the most control of which program is the current running program if FSX is run in windowed mode (you can toggle this with ALT ENTER while in FSX). If it runs windowed (in a window and not full screen) then the other programs running at the same time are clearly visible on the Windows task bar at the bottom of the screen and you can click on them to restore them. This should help.

The error relates to sound hardware and software.

Is it possible that something changed, such as plugging in or unplugging USB headphones, or changing sound settings in FSFS itself, or using Skype or WinAMP or other sound related software?

Please let me know how you get on.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #9233
Posted Saturday, December 31, 2011 9:08:16 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Sunday, December 02, 2012 10:47:25 AM
Thank you for your help. I had unplugged the mic (and just changed sound volumes). If I try to connect with the mic unplugged and the sound setting as key, I get the error message and won't connect. If the mic is plugged it it works fine. Is that normal behavior?

As far as the other issue, if I have FSX in the windowed mode (as you sagely suggested) and use the voice command, destination airport data, airnav comes up in a window with FSX also there, paused behind the window. I can get back to FSX by minimizing or closing airnav. Now this is weird. If I stay in windowed mode everything works fine. If I toggle back to full screen mode, I'm back in the cockpit but outside is all black. If I then toggle back and forth between windowed and full it will start to work normally. The original issue of using the voice command, destination airport data, from the full screen mode still causes FSX to minimize and not want to open again.

Any further insights into these issues will be much appreciated. I don't know if it matters, but I'm running windows 7 on a core I 5 processor with a nvidia 440 graphics card. Thanks! Happy New Year! Hunter
Post #9236
Posted Sunday, January 01, 2012 7:01:30 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi:

I am glad to hear that you have the system working under a fixed set of circumstances. Well done!

Sound hardware and software can be very sensitive to changes and there are so many possible combinations it is best to stick to what works in our experience.

As to the strange case of the browser causing problems when it opens (for AirNav) - I cannot recall any other such case. But it appears that you have the thing under control.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #9237
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 5:29am