FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

12»»

Let's have the fuel pump off!!!!!!!!!!! Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Monday, December 20, 2010 11:28:10 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Monday, January 03, 2011 2:27:55 PM
I've been testing the X-Plane version of the program taking off from LEVS and landing at LEMD (spanish airports) and everything is ok with a notable exception, FSFlying keeps repeating the message in the subject although the fuel pump switch is OFF by default!!! And it doesn't matter is you switch it on then off, Mr Smith is getting on my nerves!!

So far everything else seems to be running smoothly and FSFlying interacts with X-Plane without further problems.

Thanks for a great program!

Patrick.
Post #8364
Posted Tuesday, December 21, 2010 4:05:49 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Wednesday, December 20, 2023 2:22:17 AM
I've been testing the X-Plane version of the program taking off from LEVS and landing at LEMD (spanish airports) and everything is ok with a notable exception, FSFlying keeps repeating the message in the subject although the fuel pump switch is OFF by default!!! And it doesn't matter is you switch it on then off, Mr Smith is getting on my nerves!!

Do you know if you already had XPUIPC installed?
Can you take a look in the X-Plane 9\Resources\plugins folder, and list the dates/file sizes of all of the files that contain XPUIPC?

So far everything else seems to be running smoothly and FSFlying interacts with X-Plane without further problems.

Thanks for a great program!

Thanks for the kind words! Can we quote you?
Post #8365
Posted Tuesday, December 21, 2010 10:11:53 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

No problem:

1. XPUIPC.xpl 250KB 09/13/2010
2. XPUIPCOffsets.cfg 25KB 05/09/2010

In fact both files were updated and installed before running FSFlying and correspond to version 1.9.0.

I just started X-Plane and turned the fuel pump switch first to ON then to OFF but it made no difference. Also I tried starting X-Plane with engines off and again no difference, Mr. Smith hates my fuel pump!

Obviously yo can quote my words! FSFlying is an interesting program nicely implemented.

Patrick.
Post #8370
Posted Tuesday, December 21, 2010 10:17:39 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

If you already have XPUIPC installed then FSFlyingSchool for X-Plane doesn't overwrite it.

It looks like you've got an older version. Can you please install this version and let us know if it fixes the problem?
Post #8373
Posted Wednesday, December 22, 2010 7:53:06 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

New version seems to fix the fuel pump message. However I flew a complete flight with lights off, all of them, and nothing happened. I understand FSFlying should monitor engine and lights if requested to do so in the Aircraft page...

Anyways, I'll keep testing.

Patrick.
Post #8375
Posted Wednesday, December 22, 2010 12:00:21 PM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Did you install both XPUIPC files? You need to overwrite or delete any old XPUIPC files as X-Plane sometimes uses old files that are renamed and left in the plugin folder.

The lights work perfectly on our test systems!

So I assume you've got all checkboxes ticked for light monitoring?
Post #8376
Posted Tuesday, March 13, 2012 3:34:18 PM

FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Last Login: Friday, May 31, 2019 9:21:09 AM
Your suggestion to change the name of the Fuel Pump file worked and I was so excited that I sat right down and wrote you that it was working Okay. What do you know, it only worked until I rebooted my computer. The file is recreated each time the program is started ---Or did I somehow manage to change the wrong file? Or the right file in the wrong location?

I use the program every day and enjoy it very much. I have never used the portion of the program where I talk to Mr. Smith though and have just now set it up. I am beginning to think that Mr. Smith just has it in for me because he absolutely will not recognize that I am there. I have gone over everything time and again with regard to the installation but nothing I do has any affect. He responds to every error I make but just doesn't respond to me.

What have I managed to do wrong?

PS: I tried to install the new program you suggested to a previous user concerning the fuel pump but all I get is 'Error 404 File not found" Got another file location, I'd like to try it.

Thanks,
Post #9485
Posted Thursday, March 15, 2012 12:23:36 PM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

I don't know how the file name would be changed back! The only way would be that you reinstalled FSFlyingSchool for X-Plane?

Can you try searching your PC for all copies of FuelPumpOff.wav

If you find more than one, then ensure you just rename the files in the FSFlyingSchool X-Plane folder(s)!

Let me know what you find!
Post #9498
Posted Thursday, March 15, 2012 2:48:24 PM

FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Last Login: Friday, May 31, 2019 9:21:09 AM
You are right. The file is not being restored. But it was, four times, as I renamed the file each time by preceding the file with three XXX, then yyy, and so on. Each time the file floated to the bottom of the folder and was replaced with a new file. I don't know how and I don't know why but it happened. It is not doing it now thank goodness.

Now to the real problem. Mr Smith refuses to listen to me. Got anything on this?
Post #9499
Posted Saturday, March 17, 2012 2:14:16 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi -

I don't know the background so...

Have you had MrSmith listening before - that is - did it used to work and now does not?

Or...

... if you have installed the Voice Pack but never had it working yet, have you completed all the steps in the manual, including voice training?

Is the Windows Speech Recognition program closed (it needs to be)?

Do you have a quiet environment?

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #9505
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 8:37am