laptop that can handle fsX

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

laptop that can handle fsX Expand / Collapse
Author
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Frequent Flyer
Last Login: Thursday, June 21, 2007 5:15:35 AM
I want to purchase a laptop this summer that can do a good job running FSX.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I think either alienware or dell has the best gaming laptops.  I built the best custom alienware laptop and ran a total of $5,300.  That said, I still like fs2004, there are several options on fs2004 that I really like, in particular I like the eyemovement adjustments much better on fs2004.  When I get close to my approach and landing, I like to move the eye movement up 1 or 2 notches, depending on my approach pitch, so I get a good visual of the runway.  I did not like the eye movements in fsX, and found the only way I can make good approaches is to keep my pitch at a minimum (less than 5 degrees).  That's about the only complaint I have on fsX though.  I really like the graphics, but my current hardware is stressed to the max, and really has a hard time with keeping up a good framerate.   This summer I'll also be upgrading my flightstick to a nice CH product, and I'm thinking about getting the BUTT KICKER, which really makes your flights realistic!
Post #823
Posted Tuesday, June 12, 2007 5:00:34 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
I'll stay away from the laptop spec - sounds like you've already figured it's gonna be a fairly stiff price to run FSX on one.

Regarding the Buttkicker - my own thoughts are in my modest contribution to the literature on the subject at:

http://fsflyingschool.wordpress.com/2007/02/16/buttkicker/

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #828
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 3:58pm