Can't get FS Instructor to do anything in FSX

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Can't get FS Instructor to do anything in FSX... Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, September 11, 2010 1:14:56 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, February 19, 2020 7:06:11 AM
I have FSX loaded on my computer and am running it inthe Administrator mode. I purchased the FS Instructor and have downloaded the FSUIP C4. When I go into FSX and then try to load FS Flight Instructor it says it is connecting but it won't go any further. I have watched all the videos on how to install this program and gone through all the FAQs but still do not get any response from the Flight Instructor when I fly in FSX. Can you PLEASE tell me what I am missing? Thanks!

DARRELL
Post #7891
Posted Sunday, September 12, 2010 2:48:49 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Saturday, April 06, 2024 3:28:36 AM
Can you tell us which of our products you have installed - with version numbers.

You hear "FSFlyingSchool connecting..." and nothing else?

Does FSFlyingSchool "disconnect" at any point? You will see the reason given at the log book screen of FSFS if it does.

Please let us know.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #7898
Posted Monday, September 13, 2010 5:21:11 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FS Flying School 2010, Voice Command & Cessna Detail Pack Bundle (FSS-125)

When I load the program the way it says to load it - in the plane. Going to Flight School it shows at the bottom that it is monitoring FSX and I hit Connect. Then it says "Connecting". I hit alt-tab and then it takes me back to the plane. I throttle up and take off down the runway but it never says anything the whole time I'm flying. I go to Pilot and choose a pilot, then I go to Plane but there is nothing there (there is no plane to select). So instead I just hit Connect. Also after I fly I check the log book and the flight wasn't logged. Not sure what to do, appreciate your help.

DARRELL

Post #7904
Posted Thursday, September 16, 2010 9:42:34 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi

This is a puzzle.

If you hear "connecting" then the program is all installed and working correctly.

As to why you hear nothing after that... could you please email us the file

settings.ini

from the FSFlyingSchool folder on your PC.

Send it to:

support@FSFlyingSchool.com

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #7911
Posted Tuesday, October 12, 2010 5:49:38 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

ROD i COULD NEVER GET THE PROGRAM TO WORK PLEASE HELP!

DARRELL
Post #7956
Posted Thursday, October 14, 2010 8:43:23 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Please try this - get into a cockpit in FSX and then launch FSFS and then press connect.

Then return to FSX and taxi for about 30 seconds and then return to FSFS and go to the Aircraft page and take a screen shot and send it to us at support@fsflyingschool.com 

To send us a screen shot, press the Print Scrn (print screen) button on your PC keyboard to capture the entire screen and then PASTE that information into an email to us at  support@fsflyingschool.com

To PASTE the screen capture, simply press Ctrl V while typing in the body of an email to us. The email will need to be in HTML format (not plain text).

Post #7960
Posted Wednesday, April 13, 2011 9:54:25 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Sunday, October 14, 2012 10:21:23 AM
I have recently installed FSFlightSchool 2010 on my computer, the installation went smoothly and FSFlightSchool works in every way except I get no voice/instructions from my FS trainer while connected to Microsoft FSX.

I am running Windows 7 64bit, I found the voice files in the program and they play using Windows Media Player but not while using FlightSchool and FSX.

Does anyone have any experience of this problem (by the way I'm new to FSFlightSchool and FSX).

Alistair.

Post #8749
Posted Thursday, April 14, 2011 2:50:00 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi Alistair:

Sorry to hear you can't hear the instructor.

Some questions:

- Have you changed the sound device used in FSFS at the FSFS settings screen? If not - try that and see what you get. (Only applies if you have several devices).

- Are you using any non-standard sound software or equipment?

- Try searching this forum for the word "sound" - you might find something of interest (I cannot repeat it all in this reply obviously).

- What happens when you press "listen to instructor" in the FSFS program?

Please let me know how you get on.

Post #8752
Posted Thursday, April 14, 2011 6:17:07 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Last Login: Sunday, October 14, 2012 10:21:23 AM
Thanks for the reply, I shall go through my settings:

Pilots settings. The sound is enabled and when I press "Listen to Instructor" nothing happens.

Aircraft settings. In the "sound settings for this Aircraft" I have tried all instructor volumes while trying the "listen to instructor" button, nothing happens.

Main Settings. In the sound card setup I have used the default sound card nothing, tried "other" card and tried all available listed options still nothing. 

I did take your advice and searched the term SOUND having read quite a few threads on the topic I have noticed some people have had problems trying to listen to the instructor, they were using the same sound card as me the Realtec High Definition built onboard there motherboard.

One other thing I have tried was to go into the device manager in windows and disabled the sound from my GFX card this also made no improvement.   

Hope this information helps find a fix yours,

Alistair. 

Post #8755
Posted Thursday, April 14, 2011 6:48:51 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi - I gave this advice (below) to another Realtec user and it solved this problem. Would you like to try it?

It is just possible that the files are not being played for reasons unconnected to sound.

Windows security has become so tight that in order for FSFS to function correctly it is necessary that:
- The same user installed FSX and FSFS and FSUIPC.
- That same user is running FSX and FSFS.
- That user is an administrator on that PC.
- It may also be necessary to right click on the shortcut that launches FSFlyingSchool and choose "Run as Administrator" in order to avoid problems with Windows Security.

Please let me know how you get on - this is why we offer free demos - so that folks can be sure it works before even considering a purchase. 

Post #8756
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 11:04am