voice recognition etc

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

voice recognition etc Expand / Collapse
Author
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, August 04, 2010 3:05:45 PM
I do apologize for constantly contacting you

I have loaded and run FS2009 successfully. 

I have now added the FSFS10 upgrade and entered the keys for fsfs10 and enabled the Voice Pack and Cessna172

My problems are these

!.  Settings screen.   When I try to change the Voice command status I get an error report

"FSFlying school has detected that Microsoft Speech Recognition is not installed>   Would you like to download etc"   From previous experience this will give me SRE v5.1.  However if I press the View Windows Speech settings I get a box which says I have Microsoft English [US] v6.1 Recognizer.  The voice command pack Manual on page 3 Says I must have voice recognition v5.1 or above I have as i said v6.1 which i have trained at length but it would appear that I am going to make no Progress unless i use your link and go back to and train v 5.1

Please advise

2.Flight plan screen.

As i said I had fs2009 running successfully. I ran successfully the Generate runway data (Phew thats a long one)

I have successfully loaded my flight plan in 2010 only to see the error message 'FSFS2010 runways data not present,and no ability to select a runway. 

I will go through that procedure again if necessary my main concern is with the Speech recognition.  Is there a work round for that

My apologies again for my problems.  Incidentally I have been working with computers since 1968 and can and do read manuals.  Perhaps at 73 years of age I am entitled to a little confusion

Regards.  Digger 138

Post #7661
Posted Tuesday, June 29, 2010 9:51:10 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

FSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPLFSFlyingSchool PPL

Further to the above. On FSFS2010 I have run the procedure "Generate runway data for FSX

On loading flight plan Northolt to heathrow still have error message FSFS2010 runways data not present.   If it was there in similar circumstance on FSFS2009 the file must be tucked away somewhere but FSFS2010 is not addressing it.  Ia now going to try "Generate runway data for FSX on the settings screen.   Hoever it looks like its doing the same routine as when called down on the Flight Plan Screen      Wish me luck

Post #7663
Posted Tuesday, June 29, 2010 12:00:15 PM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

Yes running the 'generate runway data from the settings screen worked.  That just leaves problem 1 re The SRE v51 (yours) and v6.1 (from office update routine)good article by typing speech recognition with windows xp in a search engine of your choice
Post #7664
Posted Wednesday, June 30, 2010 2:27:01 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi

Excellent result on the runway data - yes - it is different for FSFS2010 and has to be generated (just once) for FSFS2010.

>> "FSFlying school has detected that Microsoft Speech Recognition is not installed>   Would you like to download etc"   From previous experience this will give me SRE v5.1.  However if I press the View Windows Speech settings I get a box which says I have Microsoft English [US] v6.1 Recognizer.  The voice command pack Manual on page 3 Says I must have voice recognition v5.1 or above I have as i said v6.1 which i have trained at length but it would appear that I am going to make no Progress unless i use your link and go back to and train v 5.1

This is a puzzle and we are looking into it. FSFS should not require you to use 5.1 as 5.1 or higher is fine.

You could install 5.1 and do just one (10 minute) training session with it and that may solve the issue which we are trying to resolve from here at FSInventions.

What version of Windows do you have?

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #7665
Posted Wednesday, June 30, 2010 3:42:28 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

thank you Squadron Leader.  I did load from FSFS2010 before and 5.1 did indeed work. 

I don't know the difference between v5.1 and v6.1. Its just that I've got v6.1 up and trained on word and excel

regards

Digger138

Post #7668
Posted Wednesday, June 30, 2010 4:34:39 AM
FSFlyingSchool PPL

Further my last.  I am running Windows XP Professional.  I am going to load and train your windows 5.1 for the moment and try to eliminate 6.1.

Regards

Post #7670
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 5:27pm