Flying Circuits

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Flying Circuits Expand / Collapse
Author

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
stanshear (6/1/2010)
Hi Ole

On the "Be quite please" issue - this seems to be the only phrase that Smithy doesn't understand. When I tell him I want to fly alone, he remains quiet. But I think that "Be quiet please" operates slightly differently. As the instructions say, you may have to wait for him to finish a phrase before he reacts. So my question there is, what actually happens when you use this phrase? Does he finish saying what he is saying and then remain quiet until you ask for help, or am I maybe saying something that re-activates him? The voice recognition works perfectly otherwise.

Stan

The concept of the "Be quiet please" phrase is to cut the instructor off in mid sentence. It was made so that if the ATC speaks and Smith starts to talk, you can stop him.

It should be ONLY the one thing he is saying when you cut him off. After that he will resume his talking. If you want him to quiet more than that, you use the "I want to fly by myself" phrase.

So Smith should NOT finish his sentence, BUT some of the things he is saying consists of many small voice files, and that might keep him talking a little longer - sometimes you may have to ask him again. Here at my place, I can always get him to stop, but sometimes it takes a couple of asks!

Did you complete the voice-training? there are more than one level of training, and the more the merrier....

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #7427
Posted Tuesday, June 01, 2010 11:15:02 AM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, December 23, 2010 11:16:00 AM
Thanks Ole

That explains it totally.  Thanks.  The voice pack works fine.  It must be so fascinating being a part of the design team for a product like this.

Stan

Post #7428
Posted Thursday, June 03, 2010 9:24:27 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Stan:

Quick point - the voice command "Be quiet please" will indeed work almost all the time if Windows speech recognition is correctly configured.

Sometimes however, especially with long phrases, it will not interrupt the speech. This is a limit of the technology in use. When in doubt, try saying "Be quiet please" again. I do this all the time - and not just with FSFS2010...! 

It is worth keeping in mind - for anyone interested in the Voice Command Pack - that speech recognition is something which must be carefully watched over, as the setup of hardware and software and general physical environment can easily change since the last successful use of speech recognition.

One must be aware of changes to the volume level of input and output, position of microphone, speakers, headset, etc

Having said that - it's not rocket science and when it is set up just right, it is great fun, and a great help.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #7432
Posted Thursday, June 03, 2010 10:27:04 AM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, December 23, 2010 11:16:00 AM
Yes, I totallly agree.  Voice recognition has gone pretty far, but there are still little tweaks that need to be observed to make it work properly.  No doubt there will be improvements in the near future as technology advances.

But in spite of this FSFS does a pretty good job of recognizing this useful tool 

Looking forward to further developments in FSFS.

Stan

Post #7434
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 5:26pm