FSFS 2010 "connect" button grayed out

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

12»»

FSFS 2010 "connect" button grayed out Expand / Collapse
Author
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Saturday, May 29, 2010 12:21:19 PM
Hello,

Just purchased your FSFS 2010 product for my Microsoft Flight Simulator X Deluxe Edition, but cannot seem to get FSFS working. The product is registered as per your instructions and the latest version of FSUIPC installed. Having done that, while having my plane parked on a runway then Alt-tabbing to start FSFS, the status remains : "No Flight Simulator Found", and consequently the "Connect" button remains grayed out.

I have read just about all the posts concerning this issue and followed instructions to a tee (at least I'm pretty certain I have), but to no avail. Still frustrated that I can't get this program launched and running with FSX Deluxe Edition. (Btw, could that be the problem - it being the Deluxe Edition?)

I am running Windows XP Media Center Edition, on a HP Pavilion AMD Athlon 64X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+, 1.80 GHz, 3.50 GB of Ram

Things I have done:

1) Make sure installed all products as the administrator

2) Registered FSFS 2010 successfully (all fields grayed out)

3) Made sure FSUIPC4 was successfully installed (it is. it is on the "add on" on top of my FSX Menu.

4) In the FSFS settings page: Generated runway data for FSX

5) Run FSX, then Alt-tab to run FSFS (to no avail obviously)

there may be and probably are more things I have tried.

Oh btw, in the settings section of FSFS 2010, where the FSUIPC Information area is (top left), the FSUIPC status is: "Can't connect - IPC timed out all retries"

Here are some images:

Post #7286
Posted Friday, May 21, 2010 2:06:59 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi

Thanks for purchasing our product - sorry to hear about the problem.

Thanks also for the very detailed and clear description of the issue - this helps a lot.

In order to move ahead, we would like to see the contents of 2 files which are in this folder:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules

The files are:

FSUIPC4 Install.log

FSUIPC4.log

If you find them there, please either paste the contents of the files into a reply to this post or email the files to us if you prefer for the sake of privacy.

The files should help us determine if FSUIPC is having any problems connecting FSX with FSFS.

Some questions:

1. Did the same user name install FSX and FSUIPC and FSFS?

2. Is the same user name running nstall FSX and FSFS?

3. Have you performed multiple installations of FSX on this machine? Have you deleted, moved or uninstalled it? Have you patched it or installed service packs?

4. Was FSUIPC installed before you installed FSFS?

5. What version of FSUIPC is installed in FSX?

Please let us know how you get on.

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #7288
Posted Friday, May 21, 2010 7:26:16 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

I just sent you a private message regarding the two files you asked for in Modules folder. Not sure if they are want you wanted but I included every file in that folder except FSUIPC4.dll file, and the FSUIPC Documents subfolder.

On to answer your questions.

1. Did the same user name install FSX and FSUIPC and FSFS?

Yes. I (the Adminsitrator) installed all of the programs

2. Is the same user name running nstall FSX and FSFS?

Yes.

3. Have you performed multiple installations of FSX on this machine? Have you deleted, moved or uninstalled it? Have you patched it or installed service packs?

Yes I had to install FSX twice because I think my firewall settings prevented a key file to install the first time. No problems second time around. But no I have not delete, moved or uninstall it...nor have I patched it or install any of the service packs.

4. Was FSUIPC installed before you installed FSFS?

No, although FSFS was installed a day prior to installing FSX Deluxe. FSUIPC was installed last.

5. What version of FSUIPC is installed in FSX?

File version: 4.5.7.0

Post #7295
Posted Sunday, May 23, 2010 3:57:00 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

More questions -

When FSFS was installed, was there no version of Flight Simulator at all on the PC?

If there was, can you give me the exact sequence of installation?

(Sorry - I'm just not sure if I am following the sequence of events).

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #7297
Posted Sunday, May 23, 2010 10:37:44 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

When FSFS was installed, was there no version of Flight Simulator at all on the PC?

Yes that is correct. I bought FSFS first and installed it while waiting for my purchase of FSX to arrive in the mail. It was your product that prompted me to buy FSX. Not the other way around. Neat huh?

So the exact sequence of installation is as follows:

1. FSFS 2010

2. FSX Deluxe Edition

3. FSUIC, once I discovered that FSFS needed it to run properly.

Hope that clarifies things a bit.

Post #7299
Posted Monday, May 24, 2010 2:17:18 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Hi

Just based on the simple concept of cause and effect, I cannot resist thinking that the fact that there was no Flight Simulator on the PC when FSFS was installed might have a bearing on this case.

This is such a rare state of affairs that it is worth a simple test.

If you now - with FSX installed (and indeed FSUIPC installed) - uninstall and then install FSFS again, it will be an installation on a PC with FS already in place, which is the usual state of affairs. Be sure to install as the same user who installed FSX and FSUIPC and that the user is still an administrator.

I cannot say if this will make a difference but it is certainly worth trying.

Let us know how you get on - if that does not get things working we will press on with other approaches.

Post #7303
Posted Monday, May 24, 2010 11:39:51 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

I uninstalled FSFS and installed it again as per your instructions as the administrator, and also made sure I restarted my computer a couple of times to no avail. Still nothing. Sorry.

I also made sure I downloaded the very latest version of FSUIPC4 for FSX. Still nothing.

Post #7314
Posted Tuesday, May 25, 2010 3:25:13 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Thanks for the feedback - and indeed for the log files.

I always try to find something unusual, when looking for clues to a solution with an installation of any type of software - and the word that got my attention was: firewall.

Specifically because you mentioned it in connection with the FSX installation.

I am not suggesting that you turn anything off - but can you take a look at your firewall and see if there is any data available, such as lists of prohibited programs or logs of when programs have been blocked to see if there is any mention of FSX or FSUIPC or FSFlyingSchool that might help us...?

Post #7333
Posted Tuesday, May 25, 2010 10:12:22 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Success!

My firewall had all the FSFlyingSchool_2010_Setup.exe and the FSFSRWYS.exe files allowed except this one on top of those I just mentioned. It didn't look like a FSFS file, but I took a chance and allowed it anyway and voila, it now works!

I am now flying from Toronto Island Airport on my way to Thunder Bay (Ontario, Canada), while listening to your instructor critiquing my every move.

Perhaps I need to create another thread, but there was some confusion during the flight. At one point, my altitude got a little high and in changing attitude your instructor thought I was preparing for landing. We weren't even half-way to our destination. But this too could be my fault as I am just now learning how to fly IFR, so it could be the way I put together my flight plan (or lack of following it properly).

Nevertheless, the important thing is now it works and I couldn't be happier. Now, if only the mail would hurry up and deliver the Head Tracking Device I ordered, THEN I'll be rocking!

Thank you very much for your time and effort in getting me going. All the best!
Post #7334
Posted Wednesday, May 26, 2010 2:14:12 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
Tooey (5/25/2010)
Success!

Perhaps I need to create another thread, but there was some confusion during the flight. At one point, my altitude got a little high and in changing attitude your instructor thought I was preparing for landing. We weren't even half-way to our destination. But this too could be my fault as I am just now learning how to fly IFR, so it could be the way I put together my flight plan (or lack of following it properly).

Tooey.

This one is easy. In the FSFS window, you go to..... hm. I think its the "pilots" tab. In here you have two check-boxes for automatic detection of "cruise" and "landing" mode. If you uncheck those, you have control over when you go to landing mode. When pilots get used to FSFS, this function is almost always unchecked, as we want to control it ourselves.

IF - (Im not sitting in front of my flight-sim computer right now) its not the "pilots" tab, its the "aircraft" tab, but I think its the pilot one...

Great that you got it all to work. You are in for many happy hours, I´m sure.

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #7338
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

12»»

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 6:17pm