new member needs help with aircraft {Solved}

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

new member needs help with aircraft {Solved} Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Sunday, February 25, 2007 3:14:39 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, December 15, 2011 11:32:01 AM
I'm a new member with a slight problem. I can load FlyingSchool with no problems if I am using the c172 aircraft to fly a mission. But when I try to use the c182rg, FlyingSchool disengages and I receive a message stating " IF you are new to FSFS then please try flying one of the following standard A/C

Cessna 172, Boeing 737-400(in FS2004 or FS2002), Boeing 737-800 (in FSX).

I have downloaded and in stalled the updated aircraft from the website and installed them in the aircraft folder in my FlyingSchool folder.

FlyingSchool version 1.5 is register to me. Using FSUIPC 3.72 registered. Windows XP Professional. Version5.1.2600 service pack 2 build 2600.

I have no problems flying in FS2004 with any of my aircraft.

Has anyone had this problem or know of a fix for it?

thank you in advance:

Lenny

Post #712
Posted Monday, February 26, 2007 2:23:54 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Wednesday, December 20, 2023 2:22:17 AM
Lennyb (2/25/2007)
I can load FlyingSchool with no problems if I am using the c172 aircraft to fly a mission. But when I try to use the c182rg, FlyingSchool disengages and I receive a message stating " IF you are new to FSFS then please try flying one of the following standard A/C

Cessna 172, Boeing 737-400(in FS2004 or FS2002), Boeing 737-800 (in FSX).

I have downloaded and in stalled the updated aircraft from the website and installed them in the aircraft folder in my FlyingSchool folder.

FlyingSchool version 1.5 is register to me. Using FSUIPC 3.72 registered. Windows XP Professional. Version5.1.2600 service pack 2 build 2600.

FSFlyingSchool comes with information on the c182rg that was supplied with FS2002. As there is no c182rg supplied with FS2004, we guess that you must be using a 3rd party version.

Is this correct? If so can you tell us the following:

* Who made the aircraft?
* Where did you download/purchase it from?
* What is the name of the folder it is installed in
(e.g. C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\AircraftName)

Thanks,
John - FSFlyingSchool

Post #714
Posted Monday, February 26, 2007 8:48:09 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Thanks for the fast comeback.

1. Who made the aircraft? Robert Hawk

2. Where did you download/Purchase it from? Downloaded from FlightSim.com (c182rgii.zip)

3. What is the name of the folder it is installed in?

D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\C182RG

Question Please? The *.FSR files downloaded with in the aircraft file from FlyingSchool. Are those files, to be copied to the aircraft folder we like to use in FS2004 or stay in the FlyingSchool folder?

LennyB

Post #717
Posted Monday, February 26, 2007 9:01:33 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

3. What is the name of the folder it is installed in?

D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\C182RG

Can you email me a full list of the folders inside: D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Aircraft\

This will really help!

Question Please? The *.FSR files downloaded with in the aircraft file from FlyingSchool. Are those files, to be copied to the aircraft folder we like to use in FS2004 or stay in the FlyingSchool folder?

FSFlyingSchool v1.5 contains all of the aircraft in the online hangar, so you shouldn't need to download the online aircraft.zip.

However, in answer to your question, the FSR files are to be extracted into the FSFlyingSchool\Aircraft folder (e.g. c:\Program Files\FSFlyingSchool\Aircraft). They are used by FSFlyingSchool and are not used by FS.

You should already have a \Program Files\FSFlyingSchool\Aircraft\C182RG.FSR file - correct?

John - FSFlyingSchool

Post #718
Posted Monday, February 26, 2007 10:17:02 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Thanks for all your help, I just got my c182rg up and running by making FRU.

I would send you my aircraft folder but I don't have your email address and can't send email from this forum by clicking on the email icon, sorry.

Post #719
Posted Tuesday, February 27, 2007 1:29:57 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

Thanks for all your help, I just got my c182rg up and running by making FRU.

Excellent! If you attach the FSU file to this post we'll convert it to an FSR so you can submit scores (achieved using this aircraft) to the highscore tables.

I would send you my aircraft folder but I don't have your email address and can't send email from this forum by clicking on the email icon, sorry.

Sorry, I meant to say "Private Message" me. It's the PM button at the bottom of my posts.

Post #720
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 3:52am