No Flight Simulator Found [problem solved]

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

No Flight Simulator Found [problem solved] Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Saturday, February 24, 2007 2:07:46 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Wednesday, February 28, 2007 8:40:33 PM
I've installed FSFS.  Upon starting FSFS after starting a flight in fs9, it says no flight simulator found.  I've registered the demo copy.  What should I do?  Nothing in the instructions explains this. 

Help would be appreciated,

Jeff

Post #709
Posted Sunday, February 25, 2007 3:38:08 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
pcaviator (2/24/2007)
I've installed FSFS.  Upon starting FSFS after starting a flight in fs9, it says no flight simulator found.  I've registered the demo copy.  What should I do?  Nothing in the instructions explains this. 

Help would be appreciated,

Jeff

Jeff:

Basically - this would mean that FSUIPC is not communicating with FSFS, but... the more information we have about your system, the sooner we can answer your questions, so please provide as much of the following information as you can.

The good news is that FSFS is installed all over the world, running with FS2002, FS2004 and FSX with no problems so we are sure we can get it running on your PC.

Was this the first time you installed FSFlyingSchool - have you successfully run earlier DEMO versions of FSFlyingSchool ?

Registration went OK - no problems? Your name appears in grey on the credits page of FSFS?

Could we ask you to send is some details about your PC?

We will need:

Exact Windows version
Exact Flight Simulator version
Exact FSUIPC version
Is FSUIPC registered? (It does not need to be, but we need to know if it is).
Does FSUIPC appear on the     Modules       menu in FS?

PC RAM (Main memory)
PC Processor
PC Video Card

Names of any other Flight Sim add-ons running at the same time.

Names of any other software applications running at the same time - we ask this because a number of programs such as Snag-It and Camtasia may conflict with key mapping.

When FSFS displays    No Flight Simulator Found   please press the Print Scrn (print screen) button on your PC keyboard to capture the entire screen and then PASTE that information into an email to us at info@fsflyingschool.com or submit it as a file to this forum if you are familiar with such tasks on your PC.

To PASTE the screen capture, simply press Ctrl V while typing in the body of an email to us. The email will need to be in HTML format (not plain text).

Please try to answer all these questions so we can help you get up and flying with FSFlyingSchool!

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #710
Posted Sunday, February 25, 2007 4:21:23 AM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot FSFlyingSchool Pilot

Hello.  Thanks for your speedy reply.  I will gather the information and post it/email it shortly.  I have no doubt that we'll get it to work.  In fact, there are but few of my many addons that didn't come with "some assembly required."

I'm anxious to use this to supplement my training.  I'm actually mirroring a real world program by SkyRoamers.  I purchased a private pilot kit that has training syllabus, check ride items, and of course study material that you use with FAA published handbooks.  The only thing that's missing is the instructor to go up with.  Well, missing but not for long!

Thanks and talk to you soon,

Jeff

Post #711
Posted Wednesday, February 28, 2007 8:44:05 PM
FSFlyingSchool Pilot

I had recently bought FSUIPC, thinking that I had downloaded the latest version.  Well, it wasn't.  So I uninstalled the current version, replaced it with the newest and voila, FSFS works now.  Thanks for the FSUIPC tip. 

Is Miss Aviatrix married? 

Jeff

Post #727
Posted Thursday, March 01, 2007 1:20:29 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Great to hear you're up and flying with FSFS!

We want to encourage people to always use the latest version of FSFS (always new features!) and FSUIPC, although - just in case this is read in isolation in the future I need to say again to all readers that:

FSUIPC 3.x is for FS2004 and earlier

FSUIPC 4.x is for FSX

and the two should NOT get mixed up!

As to Miss Aviatrix - despite her stage name, she is in fact married, but delights in such inquiries, for she loves her Public...

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #729
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 7:20am