Can't reinstall FS2009

FSFlyingSchool Forum
Home       Members    Calendar    Who's On
Welcome Guest ( Login | Register )

Can't reinstall FS2009 Expand / Collapse
Author
Posted Thursday, January 07, 2010 3:17:02 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Group: Forum Members
Last Login: Thursday, December 23, 2010 11:16:00 AM
I posted this message few days ago, and it has simply disappeared!

I tried to reinstall FSFS2009 on my new computer after my old computer died, in preparation for purchasing FS2010, and it comes up with the exact same message as RCV70's post.  I have checked everything, FSUIPC is correct, and the reference to my FS folder is correct.  I love the program and am eager to get going with the update.  What shall I do?

Stan

Post #6578
Posted Thursday, January 07, 2010 3:45:12 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

FSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool CaptainFSFlyingSchool Captain

Sorry, I meant the message in Nateh's post,

"FSFlyingSchool could not write a copy of the file FSUIPC.DLL into C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\modulesThis operation is necessary if you are using FS2004 or FS2002.Perhaps the path(s) are incorrect or no longer exist?This is most likely caused by an installation of Flight Simulator being reinstalled at a different location on your hard disk some time after an installation of FSFlyingSchool. The paths are maintained within FSFlyingSchool at the Settings Page.Please either make the folders available on your hard disk or contact the FSFlyingSchool Forum for help at *****etc."

I am working in Windows 7, 64 bits.

Stan

Post #6579
Posted Thursday, January 07, 2010 5:26:07 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

We're getting there.  I reinstalled using the default folder (I previously tried to install it in my FS2004 folder), and it accepted the installation and registration.

Now the problem is that when I connect it doesn't pick up the plane (I tried it with my Cessna 172 which worked fine with my previous installation.  Also the Aircraft buttons and text boxes remain greyed out as well as the Pilots boxes, so I'm unable to enter any data.  So we're not quite there yet.

Stan

Post #6580
Posted Friday, January 08, 2010 7:30:43 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
Hi there - very sorry for the delay.

Are you saying that FSFS cannot recognise the plane you are flying? Can you try a few others (try ones which you know have FSR files in the aircraft folder) to see what happens?

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.

Post #6588
Posted Friday, January 08, 2010 2:09:19 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

Hi SL

FSFS2009 reinstalls fine and when I connect it says "FSFS connecting".  However it doesn't display the current plane and all the text boxes are greyed out, on the aircraft and pilots screens.  I've tried a number of planes with no luck.

Stan

Post #6602
Posted Friday, January 08, 2010 3:30:31 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

Hi again SL

I've attached the file structure of my installation, which went into the default location Program Files(X86).  I notice that it installed a copy of FSUIPC.dll which I don't quite understand because there is a copy in my FS2004 modules folder.  Maybe there's a problem here, in view of the original problem I had when I tried to install into my FS2004 folder (see my first posting).

Stan

Post Attachments 
ScreenHunter_01 Jan. 08 15.21.jpg (2 views, 118.50 KB)

Post #6603
Posted Saturday, January 09, 2010 4:48:41 AM

FSFlyingSchool Training Captain

FSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training CaptainFSFlyingSchool Training Captain

Group: Moderators
Last Login: Tuesday, December 20, 2022 2:42:12 PM
stanshear (1/8/2010)
Hi SL

FSFS2009 reinstalls fine and when I connect it says "FSFS connecting". However it doesn't display the current plane and all the text boxes are greyed out, on the aircraft and pilots screens. I've tried a number of planes with no luck.

Stan

Stan.

You are aware that you have to connect FSFS to FS, BEFORE it recognizes the plane. When you are at the FSFS screen, before you connect, it will all be grayed out, and no plane will be displayed. When you connect, then try - 30 seconds later, to alt-tab back to the FSFS/aircraft tab. Just a suggestion..

Regards
Ole Andreasen, Denmark

Post #6611
Posted Saturday, January 09, 2010 5:20:06 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

Hi Ole

Yup, I'm quite aware of your comments - my standard procedure.  Still no luck.

Stan

Post #6616
Posted Saturday, January 09, 2010 10:16:07 PM
FSFlyingSchool Captain

UPDATE:

I found that by loading FSFS BEFORE FS9, I CAN access the Pilots tab.  After loading FSFS the Pilots screen is still active but it doesn't recognize any aircraft, although they're all listed in the Aircraft file.  I am still unable to enter any Aircraft data.  On checking Settings, it correctly states that FSUIPC version 3.82 is recognized and is OK.

One thing I noticed is that the FSUIPC file in my FS2004 folder is smaller in size than the one in the FSFS folder.  I tried replacing it by renaming the FSFS version and copying the FS9 file, but still no success, although it still recognized the FSUIPC.dll

Another thing that came up during my fiddling around and loading various aircraft, which I can't re-create, is that at one point the aircraft DID detect something which came up as PA-3/config which didn't make sense.

So that's as far as I've come.  It will really be a shame if I have to give up FSFS which I really enjoyed, and was looking forward to getting the new version.

Stan

Post #6617
Posted Monday, January 11, 2010 3:17:13 AM

FSFlyingSchool Developer

FSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool DeveloperFSFlyingSchool Developer

Group: Administrators
Last Login: Thursday, April 25, 2024 4:09:25 AM
I am in comms with Stan via email and I believe he has FSFS2009 running now. More news to follow...

Jeff Preston ('Squadron Leader') - FSFlyingSchool Publisher & Lead Developer

FSFlyingSchool 2023 for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FSFlyingSchool 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11
FS Instant Approach 2023 for X-Plane 12 & 11 (Windows)
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2020 Prepar3D v 5
FSFlyingSchool PRO 2019 FSX, FSX-SE, FS2004
FSFlyingSchool USA for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Approach 2019 for X-Plane 11 (Mac)
FS Instant Approach for Microsoft Flight Simulator
FS Instant Help for FSX, FS2004

Winner of 5 consecutive PC Pilot Magazine 'Classic Product' Awards

Fly like the Pros with X-Plane, Flight Simulator and Prepar3D!

If you wish to unsubscribe simply reply to email with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the SUBJECT line.
Post #6638
« Prev Topic | Next Topic »

All times are GMT -8:00, Time now is 6:00am